Introduce yourself!

Hello! Geoff from Cannatech Group here. My company provides IT services and solutions to the cannabis industry. Prior to starting this company, I founded and successfully ran an IT service company for non-cannabis businesses which I exited 2 yrs ago. I then spent the next 2 years focused on Video Security and Network Security. So when it comes to IT and Security, we’ve got you covered. We are also strong believers in herbal medicine and correcting flawed drug policies and other social justice issues. I think our website outlines a good bit of what we are about: www.cannatechgroup.com

Glad to be a part of this new community!

Geoff

4 Likes

Hi @cannatechgroup - my background is in IT as well, so I’m interested to see how you’re finding working in the IT niche within the cannabis industry.

2 Likes

Hey Nicholas. The other Nick said you spent some time at Spiceworks, great platform. So far people have received us quite well! Thanks for reaching out. Geoff

2 Likes

Yep, I was the community manager at Spiceworks for 5 years - great fun community to manage :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Hello my name is Mike Herron and I am the President of Amercanex (American Cannabis Exchange), the cannabis industry’s first fully electronic, transparent, compliant wholesale marketplace for the of cannabis among industry professionals such as cultivators, dispensaries and manufacturers. Simply put, our team built the eBay for weed - complete with a paypal-type banking solution and carfax-type reporting!

After a 25 year Wall Street career, my team & I entered the cannabis industry over 3 years ago and have gained invaluable experience & perspective through the eyes of trained financial analysts, traders and compliance that we are glad to share where contributions needed here in this new growers network community!

If I or any of our team can be of any service, please reach out to us here or visit our website at www.amercanex.com to learn more how we believe we can help contribute to professional cannabis industry participants’ continued growth & profits!

5 Likes

Welcome @americanex and glad to have your wealth of experience as part of the community!

2 Likes

Welcome @cirrusledgrowlights, @cannatechgroup, and @amercanex! It’s good to see several different industries representing themselves.

@cirrusledgrowlights Ooh! Will we get a sneak peek? :stuck_out_tongue:

@cannatechgroup Glad to see more IT people! I know this industry could definitely use some more computer-savvy persons.

@amercanex What inspired you to go into the cannabis industry?

4 Likes

Thanks Hunter! Great to be a new addition to the group. Not sure why IT is under-represented in this industry but hopefully our entry will begin to change that! Best, Geoff

3 Likes

Very impressive platform Mike. Best of luck to you in this endeavor. I’ve spent a good deal of time in my previous company supporting financial service firms: hedge funds, trading houses, long term investments and holding companies. It will be interesting to see how the world of finance intersects with the world of cannabis. Looks like trying to join the north and south poles to me! Very interested to see how the story plays out…

I’ve done some work for several seed-to-sale software firms helping to stand-up their client integrations. If you ever wish for some additional support in that area, PM me, and I’d be glad to have a conversation with you regarding.

Regards,

Geoff

3 Likes

Thanks for the warm welcome! It’s great being busy, but even better when you have an awesome team! :sunglasses: :+1:

6 Likes

I have packaging design experience, but I usually tag team with our other designer on the packaging design for Integra’s products. I mostly create the marketing materials or visuals you see online. :eyes::+1:

2 Likes

Hey Carl! Great to meet you. Were you at the Indo Expo or Seed to Sale show in Colorado? It was my first time there, although very cold, it was BEAUTIFUL! The show was great as well! :wink:

2 Likes

I LOVE how everyone looks so happy in your photos! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Wuddup Adam! :sunglasses::+1: Vee here, Nice to meet you!

2 Likes

Hi Everybody!

My name is Jake Smith, and I am a Marketing & Product Manager for Smokey’s 420 House in both Garden City and Fort Collins. I started in this industry when I moved here in 2014, and I haven’t worked anywhere else. It was not ever my intention to work in the cannabis industry. My wife and I are avid hikers and wanted to move here for quite awhile. I absolutely love what we do and it feels so good to be a part of something that does so much good for so many people. I absolutely LOVE CBD’s and use them every day to help with my back pain.

7 Likes

Welcome @smokeys420! Glad that the CBD oil is helping with your back pain so you can continue to enjoy hiking. I’ve been struggling with back pain recently myself and have found some help from topical CBD to the affected muscles.

3 Likes

Hey Daan! I just wanted to say that we absolutely L-O-V-E Gavita Holland. We use your lights in our flowering rooms and couldn’t be happier.

5 Likes

Hi, a little about me: I’m the VP of retail at Cannabis Insurance Solutions.(CIS) We are a retail insurance agency located here in Denver that specializes in policies for cultivators, extractors (MIP’s) and dispensaries in all the cannabis legal states. Our team has the in depth knowledge of all aspects of the cannabis industry along with 20 + years in the insurance world. We insure some of the larger operators in the Denver market and would welcome the opportunity to provide you with a free, no obligation consultation to review current policies and offer suggestions to make sure your operations and cash flow is properly covered.
We work with A+ credit rated carriers that have forms and policies written specifically for cannabis operators.

I’m an Colorado University graduate, an avid traveler, golfer and almost a native of Colorado.

I very much look forward to meeting a speaking with everyone. Keep an eye out for some future posts where I will talk about more specific topics on the proper insurance coverage needed in our cannabis world.

6 Likes

Welcome @mmcneely53 and looking forward to your posts about insurance as it applies to the cannabis industry.

2 Likes

Hey, Everyone.

We are greenhouse and outdoor cultivators in Mendocino County, California. We have a property tucked into the redwoods about 15 miles from the Pacific Ocean in the Anderson Valley and another property inland in Redwood Valley. Thanks for the invite to the forum. I look forward to sharing information and resources.

Giving Tree Farms

5 Likes