Introduce yourself!

Yesterday, during the Alaska Marijuana Control Board meeting in Juneau, my company was unanimously approved for license with a 5-0 vote! Woot woot!

The meeting was a shit show from beginning to end. There were roughly 40 teleconference callers who were tied into the meeting, and about half of those could not go to the trouble of muting their phones. The teleconference callers were muted for long periods of time, and all the callers were disconnected several times in order to maintain control of the meeting. At one point when the chief enforcement officer was giving his report by telephone, another un-muted teleconference member took his cell phone to the bathroom and took a leak, then flushed. That got a strong response from the board chairman. Other disrupting teleconference members routinely talked shit and interrupted the meeting from beginning to end. Near the end of the meeting a prank caller got involved and dialed a chinese restaurant and tied the call to the teleconference. An obviously Asian lady with broken english kept saying Hello? Hello? Hello? until finally the Chairman answered “Hello, Can we help you? This is the Marijuana Control Board.” The Asian lady answered back, “You want Chinese food? I take your order!”. Did I mention another telephone caller instead of muting his phone put it on hold, and for over an hour we all got serenaded by elevator music?

What a circus… The two previous licenses that were up for vote before me, were passed over by the board because no one on the telephones spoke up as being a representative for that company. It’s required that a member either be present in Juneau or teleconference by phone. Next up was my business and again they asked the telephone callers if there was a representative present. I spoke up, and moments later it was obvious no one could hear me… I tried again and again… still no one heard me. They were about to table my license like the previous businesses when the person in charge of unmuting the telephone callers realized his mistake. He un-muted the callers and a cacophony of voices broke out saying I’m here, I’m here! The previous company representatives were actually on the phone but had been muted by the telephone operator. The board ended up backing up and those licenses got a review. Jokingly the board chairman apologized for shortening our lives due to the stress of the incident.

http://www.abc40.com/story/34412920/alaska-pot-conference-call-interrupted-by-flushing-toilet

8 Likes

Hello from Clandestine Gardens! We are a tier 2 producer in Acme, Washington, near Mt. Baker. We grow a variety of unique strains, majority of which we start from seed and then tweak to perfection. A huge focus of ours is marketing and branding, as we are trying to set the bar higher. This industry has taken off faster than we could have ever imagined and we are excited to see what transpires as this industry continues to grow.

8 Likes

@garymorgan Congratulations on your victory and sorry you had to go through all that nonsense! Now show them how it’s done!

1 Like

Our most popular strain: Velvet Kush

6 Likes

@clandestinegardens Welcome to Growers Network! We are happy to see more i502 grow operations. I actually grew up snowboarding at Mt. Baker from age 6 to 15, so I know that area pretty well. My brother actually lives in Bellingham right now.

I’m interested in hearing more about your marketing and branding. Are you able to start a new topic with some pictures of your brand and how you differentiate your brand through marketing? There are several members on the forum that would be interested in learning from your strategies!

3 Likes

Greeting All,
My name is Casey Rivero. I am the cultivation manager for Yerba Buena in Portland Oregon. I’m excited to be a part of th Growers Network and look forward to participating.

6 Likes

That is some beautiful bud! :grinning:

1 Like

@casey1 I’m glad to see you and Yerba Buena on the forum. Welcome! @Nate said that you are performing at Gem and Jam this weekend?

1 Like

Hey there Nick, I am playing a gem and jam. Saturday night at 8pm or 8:30pm… Will you be there?

[sig2]

2 Likes

@caseyrootz I will be there tonight, not sure about tomorrow. But now I have a reason to! What is your group’s name?

1 Like

Congrats @garymorgan , that’s wonderful news!

That meeting sounds like a nightmare. So glad that they were able to unmute you and get your license approved.

The toilet episode makes me think of this classic Naked Gun scene:

4 Likes

Crackin up!

2 Likes

Hey there Nick, I go by Safi’s Lab. I’m a producer/dj

Casey Rivero
Cultivation Manager
Yerba Buena
503-332-2767

2 Likes

Congrats @garymorgan! Glad to hear you got your license. Can’t believe how poorly your meeting was run – they should’ve done it individually, and not as a group. Group behavior is rather poor.

Welcome @clandestinegardens! Would definitely like to see some of your branding on one of our threads!

Welcome @caseyrootz!

3 Likes

Hi, my name is Oliver Scott-Tomlin. I am the General manger of The Herbal Alternative and I live, breathe and sleep all things cannabis related. I have a lot of experience in this industry and have built and manged several large commercial grow spaces. I am very interested in emerging cannabis markets and like to keep up-to-date with the industry. I am happy to share information and I consult throughout Colorado.

7 Likes

Welcome @theherbalalternative! You and @nate might get along, given you both breathe and sleep all things cannabis realted. :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

Hello!

This is Dylan with Cirrus LED Grow Lights. Nice to see this community up and running.

About me…Born and raised on the West Coast, grew up in seattle, then Humboldt, then the North Bay, where I currently reside. I love sports, games, growing and whitewater. I was trained as a whitewater raft guide while living in Humboldt, and try to get on the river whenever I can. I started growing in High School, back when people thought I should get a real job so I could have a real career. Didn’t turn out so bad after all! I’m an Oaksterdam Alum and I’ve been working directly with LED grow lights for almost 4 years now, and couldn’t be happier helping bring the best and newest technology to the growing world!

About Cirrus…Cirrus LED started in the LED tech world almost 10 years ago, and now we are pushing the envelope of LED Tech with the world’s most advanced LED Grow Lights. We have the World’s only UVB LED Grow Light, the Reflex UVB. Our TItan lights feature proprietary MCOB LED arrays, completely customizeable spectrum and schedule via our Leaf App. adaptive cooling system, and a true full spectrum (UV-IR). Our lights are also UL listed and rebate ready!

We will be shaking things up with the release of another one of a kind LED grow light towards the end of march, again featuring new technology not utilized by any other LED grow light company!

Dylan Collins,
415-335-4277
dcollins@cirrusled.com
www.cirrusledgrowlights.com

6 Likes

Welcome @cirrusledgrowlights! Looking forward to seeing your announcement in March.

3 Likes

You should give us a call

415-335-4277.

UL Listed, commercial rebate ready. We can get you 40-60% of the cost covered in most cases.

1 Like

Hi Bob!

We can definitely help you out in your fight against HVAC costs!

1 Like