Introduce yourself!

Welcome @drstrotheide and @bioreleaf!

2 Likes

Hi everyone, my name is Yossarian. I am a founder and the CEO of Leaph (leaph.com) in Washington state. We are a licensed Tier 3 (up to 30k sq ft of canopy) producer processor. We grow a rotating variety strains, usually about 12 or so at a time. We harvest several times per week. We are producing about 200lbs per month and currently selling around $225k per month. We pride ourselves in selling consistently high quality cannabis flower, concentrates and pre rolls. We hope to add edibles as well as additional vape products. We lease a 66k square foot warehouse and are only using about 25% of it. We are ready to expand, but do not yet have the capital to do it. Its been incredibly rewarding, challenging and exciting to make it this far, but the current political climate has been a little rough as we tried to raise additional investment to expand our operations. Our bank has shut down commercial loans for cannabis related businesses due to the Trump admins recent comments regarding the recreational cannabis market. We are all hoping to weather this storm and find a way to expand in our current warehouse.

As I prepared to get in to the legal market, knowing it was coming soon, I won a High Times Cannabis Cup in 2012 and this helped me pull together a team of experts (legal, infrastructure, business, etc) to plan out our business. Since then we have won awards for our packaging (a different artist painting a different animal for each strain we produce) and awards for our solvent-less concentrates. We all take a lot of pride in what we do and are working our butts off to make it further down the road.

I look forward to networking with folks on this forum…

13 Likes

Welcome to Growers Network @yossarian! Your packaging definitely stands out and makes it easy to remember the particular strain. Well done!

2 Likes

Welcome Yossarian! May I ask what traceability system you are currently using for your business?

3 Likes

I’ve actually had to do this at the office! :wink: Dessicants definitely saved my phone from moisture damage! :blush:

5 Likes

Fortunately I have yet to drop my phone in water so I haven’t had to test it out. Glad to hear your phone recovered though!

2 Likes

Hey guys,

Great to meet everyone! We’re Hybrid Tech - a design, engineering & consulting company out of Portland, Oregon. We have over 20 years in facilities design & engineering experience and help cultivators from coast to coast achieve their dreams.

A bit more about us:

Hybrid Tech, LLC is a cutting edge design, engineering and consultation firm; bringing 19 years of cannabis industry experience to every project regardless of size. Our scope ranges from agricultural greenhouses to full industrial indoor facility design, engineering and build consultation. We are experienced with every aspect of your system’s design and implementation- including electrical, security, and data as well as structural, plumbing and HVAC- this allows us to assist on every phase of your project.

Our industry specific knowledge and licensed professionals help clients navigate the local municipalities and streamline the design to permit to build process; saving you time and money. In addition, our unique partnerships with organizations like the ETO and WPUDA allow us to assist with energy efficiency evaluations and rebates.

If you or someone you know is looking for cultivation facility design, engineering, or consultation - feel free to reach out! We have also recently partnered with Lemnis-Oreon, Dutch manufacturers of hydronically-cooled LED lighting systems. These lights are revolutionizing system efficiency in cannabis cultivation systems. You can read more about that here. And if you’d like to learn more about us, you can visit our website at http://hybridtech.us

Thanks, and looking forward to getting to know everyone!

Thanks,
Dan Gustafik,
CEO & President, Hybrid Tech LLC

6 Likes

Welcome @hybridtech. The LED lighting systems sound very interesting:

3 Likes

We use weedtraqr.

4 Likes

Hi I’m Daniel with Cascade Crops - Almost totally legal since July 2014!
We are a small T2 license #412077 - We can’t compete on quantity so our focus is quality. Living soil with a “disco” boost in wk 5 and 7. Everything processed by hand.

Me: used to be tech guy at a small startup SF based company with the crazy idea of doing CRM in the cloud. Rode that gravy train till little start up was building it’s own office building in downtown SF and then had enough of quarterly reviews, metrics performance assessments and knowing the first names of airport bartenders and decided to do pot thing.

8 Likes

Welcome @danielcurylo! We have several folks on here who’ve made the transition from the tech world to growing, so you’re not alone in that journey.

3 Likes

Like so much in growing a lot of it is strain dependent, and how it was grown. Often you can’t tell the difference between the two and in the case of using temps or a poorly run trim crew the machined trim will look better over the course of time, other times it may need some touch up. We view our trimmers as a tool for growers, it is about figuring out how to use it effectively in your case. That said I think that most rec consumers can’t tell a hand trimmed flower from a Triminator machined flower under the right guidance and QC on the grower/dispensary side.

4 Likes

Hello,

My name is Walter Stark. I am a mechanical engineer designing Climate Control systems for Cannabis facilities. My company manufacturers Dehumidification and temperature control equipment for Cannabis facilities and must rely on growers for the information need to properly design a mechanical system.

Growers typically give us irrigation rates in gallons/day and we then need to divide this between day and night use in order to properly size our dehumidifier. We have been assuming a day/night split in the rate of transpiration to be 90%/10% but there are indications this may be higher. If anyone has data to support the actual water usage, we are all ears.

Also, we offer ourselves as a resource to anyone seeking information on Climate Control for Cannabis facilities.

Walter Stark
Cannabis Climate Solutions
Div of MSP Technology
ccs@msptechnology.com

6 Likes

@msptechnology - welcome to Growers Network!

1 Like

Hi all. My name is Steve Hansen and I work for TheraCann International as the Chief Science Officer. I have a PhD in Chemistry in an extraction/purification technology, and hold a Professional Chemist designation from the Province of Alberta. I specialize in extraction, cultivation, package and labeling and disposal.
TheraCann International is active world wide. We have 5 lines of business and do cannabis production applications in all States and Provinces with a legal framework. We also design and build the facilities, offer propriety ERP data analytic software, set up ISO 17025 labs, offer marketing and business plan services, etc.
I am very interested in joining the group to exchange technical information and to develop business contacts.
Steve

11 Likes

Welcome @shansen - sounds like you have a wealth of experience!

2 Likes

Hello,

My name is Gene and I’m in Northern California running a medical cannabis organization that specializes in CBD. We’ve been working with patients that have all types of ailments from cancer to Parkinson’s including children and pets with seizures disorders. THC is necessary with CBD for over 90% of the equation for synergistic healing.

8 Likes

@grassvalleyhw welcome to Growers Network Gene! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

What do you like about that system? What do you not like?

ddv

PS~ I’m not here trying to sell TraceWeed (unless you are interested in making a switch)

2 Likes

Hi,
I am a retail store owner (13 months) former grower, 40 plus years in retail. I wonder how you are making it, my perception for growing success in this environment is to grow a to b+ flower or volume and make something else out of it. The market is flooded with b quality and below that we are having a hard time selling as well. Thank you for all your hard work, looking forward to making friends and sharing.
All the best,
Pat Waters

4 Likes