Introduce yourself!

Hi everybody my name is Matt and I have been involved in the California medical marijuana industry for over 20 years working at several dispensaries and currently the owner of South Sacramento Care Center.
I love MMJ

12 Likes

Welcome @mattallen1977 and thanks for joining!

1 Like

Thanks for the warm invite. I have been actively looking at the boards like Icmag for years but this is the first time I’m getting involved with postings. Thanks for pulling me out of the dark and into the light.

7 Likes

Glad to have you aboard! Let us know if you need anything. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hi all!

My name is Daan, I am responsible for Marketing and Communications of Gavita Holland.
We are based in The Netherlands but visit the U.S. frequently as it is our biggest market. We started over 30 years ago in the horticultural market and made our way into the Cannabis industry about 7 years ago.

Looking forward to connect to everyone here, learn and contribute. Thanks for the opportunity.

15 Likes

Welcome aboard @Daan ! Good to see Gavita here. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hello Growers Network.
I am a 2nd generation grower born on the East coast and now living in Arizona.
Over the last 5 years I have volunteered my time in Tucson, AZ to Tumbleweeds, Shop 420, and SWAPA.
The last three years have been spent in The Green Halo dispensary. Where I managed and worked in every area of the dispensary.
Over the last year I have been obsessed with self development and improvement. Turning off tv, movies, and radio I now spend most of my time learning from mentors online, in person, and in book.
Spending years within dispensaries and a life time in grow ops I have a deep pool of knowledge in cannabis production and culture.
The last year of learning new skills has enabled me to help more organizations and improve other peoples life including my own.
" My soul is not bound by the limits of my body, my body is bound to the limitlessness of my soul"

9 Likes

Welcome @Shawbee! Sounds like you know your cannabis. What skills have you been learning recently?

2 Likes

Thanks Hunter!
I have learned so much about human behavior. My ability to win and influence people has greatly improved. Sales skills, social media marketing, networking, and learning how to day trade attention are the most impactful skills I have been mastering.
I go to dispensary networking events in Phoenix every month and stay up to date on current growing techniques and trends.
Currently my most impactful mentors are-
Les Brown
Gary Vaynerchuk
Tai Lopez
Bob Proctor
Jim Rohn
Zig Ziglar
Steve DeAngelo
Eric Thomas

9 Likes

@Shawbee – Good to hear. Human behavior is so much more complicated than people seem to grasp. I worked in education for several years, and the subtle nuances that both kids and adults gave off was incredible. Glad to hear your learning is working out for you. Any plans for future self-improvement?

3 Likes

Hey there,
Very glad to hear your working on self improvement. You may find the Ted talks with Amy Cuddie and Mel Robbing helpful. Mel Robbins helped with a presentation I had to give on motivation a few semesters back, shes very cool.

5 Likes

Welcome @MammothKeith! Do you dabble in homebrewing with the hops you grow?

1 Like

Welcome @MammothKeith !

1 Like

I’ve heard great things about Mammoth P. I’ll have to try some.

1 Like

@MammothKeith mentioned in another thread that he does have free trials to give out, if you’re interested.

1 Like

https://forum.growersnetwork.org/t/beneficial-bacteria-for-organic-crops/258/4?u=hunter

The thread in question.

2 Likes

Hey! My name is Casey. I have my bachelors in Plant Sciences, specifically in Controlled Environment Agriculture from the University of Arizona. I spent many years in commercial plant research and then went into commercial tomato production in greenhouses in the mid-west. After that, I went to Washington State where I worked with some of the largest cannabis facilities in the country and now I am working with facilities all over the world, providing consultation services, equipment sales and many other things related to growing.

Some of the research I participated in was USDA human-feeding studies related to plant nutrition and lycopene production, the effects of eC levels and brix content of plants, variety trials for large scale commercial production, and a NASA sponsored study where we used solar trackers to bring in PAR light while excluding infrared light (and heat) by using liquid cooled fiber optic bundles to channel light into growth chambers. I also ran a commercial/education tomato greenhouse as well as a bell pepper and a lettuce houses. I learned about formulating custom fertilizer blends from base salts, plant breeding, grafting, tissue culture and many other valuable skills.

I specialize in large scale greenhouse production, plant research, facility efficiency, scaling, standard operating procedures, systemic problem identification and solutions, commercial facility management, integrated pest management, automation, irrigation, pesticide free production, product development. networking and facility design and build out. I have worked with many tier 3 operations in Washington State as well as several commercial facilities throughout the US and I have my pesticide applicators permit for Washington State.

I now work a consultant, system engineer, equipment salesman and “expert” in commercial plant production. I want to be a part of Growers Network because I believe that in the long run this crop can be grown in a responsible, commercial way that is efficient and productive and I feel I can help people achieve that.

25 Likes

Hello all,

My name is Kirk and I am a microbiologist and avid gardener based out of AZ. I am a big bacterial genetics nerd and love soil sciences. I look forward to staying active with you all!

10 Likes

Welcome @Kirk_Schmitz! Glad to have you on board.

1 Like

Welcome @casey, good to see familiar faces! =D

Welcome @Kirk_Schmitz! Good to see some fellow scientists. Are you researching anything in particular at the moment?

2 Likes