Introduce yourself!

Welcome @cannabissecurity! We definitely need more folks in the cannabis industry in security so glad to see part of the industry.

3 Likes

I am Subcool Founder and Head Breeder for TGAgenetics.
Known as The Weed Nerd I am in the process of getting a occupation permit for my land/home and
MzJill and I should get our use permit by August 31st.
I’m glad to have this reference and hope to learn alot

Sub

4 Likes

Subcool,

If there was some way I could make an emoji bowing down to you I would. Welcome to the forum congrats and good luck on the permit. Thanks for all your contributions and dedication to the cause. Looking forward to your contributions here brother.

Cody

2 Likes

Welcome @subcool!

3 Likes

Hi Lisa,
I am a custom label and chipboard packaging provider. Do you need any help with your packaging?

Thank you,
Roberto
(858) 278-0090
Graphic Interfaces, Inc.
Roberto@graphicinterfaces.net

3 Likes

Hello, I am Ethan. Please feel free to read my bio.

The Bottom line is I was forced Retired for heath reasons.

But, I am an old grower(cut flowers) and Information Technologist. I did both for awhile.

I love researching hard problems. I love finding common sense solutions.

I have a strong background in IPM. I have a strong background in making hard science easy to understand. I believe in bucket chemistry. You don’t need to know why it works, you need to make it work for you.

I believe strongly in citation of sources. I collect old horticulture books on Sweetpea production and Violets production.

Our elders knew a lot about growing things.

I wonder if the old hemp growers guides and field notes would offer any incites to today’s production.

7 Likes

Welcome @ethan! Glad to have someone of your experience on board.

3 Likes

Hi everyone!

My name is Andor and I have been working in IT for nearly two decades now and before that I worked as a resource economist and environmental planner.

Currently, I am involved in a joint venture with a Dutch partner developing Smart Qubix – an IoT solution for monitoring and controlling grow operations. My company is developing the Web-based solution and Mobile apps and my partner’s company is leveraging their experience in precision agriculture to develop the micro-controller, sensors and smart sockets.

Our goal is develop a modular, scalable solution that can be used in a wide range of grow settings (indoor, outdoor, soil, hydro, etc.). We are currently finalizing the Smart Qubix device and seeking feedback on our software solution that powers it which we call: How’s my plant? If you would like to check it out, we would love to get your feedback!

6 Likes

Welcome @andor! We have quite a few other folks who’ve made the jump from IT into the cannabis industry. The Smart Qubix looks like a nice design, thanks for sharing it.

3 Likes

Hello and welcome Andor,

I am very interested in your software, hardware and interface. Do you have sample data sets and reports to review and play with? Just looking at an empty interface doesn’t do it for me. Can the data be exported for sofisticated IPM mathematical modeling?

I would like more information on communication, I/O contact specification,
Data storage formate. Types of sensors you will support. Number of sensors you will support. Do you take the io from the relay to a definite purpose contactor?

Will you have an air flow sensor? What type of humidity and temperature sensors do you use? What are the sensitivity and range of the sensors?

Will you interface to external weather stations?

Are you looking at interfacing to production queue planning?

I have a million questions. I worked with one of the first horticulture monitoring companies in the late 1980’s Qcomm of Southern California. I used there product in a glasshouse in Kansas in the 1990’s

5 Likes

good day guys
thank you very much for having me here !
my name is jeffman, i’m the head breeder of irie vibe seeds & cannabinoids formulation @ hemp for fitness/ natural happiness - can already see some familiar faces .
see you on the board . one love !
bless & guidance
jeffman

5 Likes

Hi Ethan,

Thanks for your interest. A lot of your questions relate to the hardware which is being developed by our Dutch partner so I will need to consult with them to answer them. However, I will do my best in this post. The easiest way to check out the software and its capabilities is to follow the link (how’s my plant?) to our demo or just copy this URL into your browser: http://sandbox.app.howsmyplant.com . After registering, you will be able to activate your account using the email you receive. Your account contains some sensors with sample (generated) data. There is an export function for the data (in xls format), it is under the Reports menu and available after you select sensors and click Compare sensors. We would love your feedback if you need us to tweek the format/data for the IPM model. For now, we only support those sensors that are purchased with the unit, these include temp, humidity, luminosity, CO2, pressure, EC/pH, soil moisture and we are planning calculated values as well such as VPD… For now, we plan on integrating wunderground’s API, but are looking to integrating an external weather station. I will forward your email to our partner so we can address the rest of your questions and hopefully get additional feedback…

Hope this helps

Andor

3 Likes

Thank you!

I would love to see more data.

2 Likes

No problem Ethan, I forwarded your questions to my partner and hope to be able to respond to the rest soon…

2 Likes

Welcome to the forums @jeffman! Glad to see you on the community!

3 Likes

Ethan,

I assume you have had the “problem” of being much smarter than your human counterparts your entire life. I also assume it has never been considered a problem as far as you are concerned. I love reading your posts you stay very grounded and do us all a service by “making hard science easy to understand”

I appreciate your hazy recollection of cited sources with the willingness to find them if need be. It reminds me of Albert Einstein when he was asked, but did not know the speed of sound as included in the Edison Test. When this was pointed out, he said, “I do not carry such information in my mind since it is readily available in books." A quote that in today’s information era, is even more relevant.

I also enjoy your approach on our elders. I have always felt strongly that we should be doing many, nearly all, things as our elders did. I think this has been the source for a lot of my personal feelings of being a “misfit” among the “normies” of modern society. To me, without a lot of research or cited sources to bring up…maybe an ignorant assumption… I just feel they were more “Human.”

Anyways, keep up the great posts. If I don’t respond it is only because it is far out of reach for any knowledge base that I have. I do love looking into your posts though…such as extracting IBA from rancid butter…AWESOME!!

Much respect,

Cody

4 Likes

Thank you for your kind words.

I will be writing some horticulture 101 articles. I want to figure out to gear them to a cannabis group.

If you have a topic you want covered let me know.

I want to be a knowledge source for as broad an audience as possible.

3 Likes

You are right ethan, we currently generate data from the date of registration. I will see if we can add historical data to the demo account…

2 Likes

Thank you. If you have a full data set from any client for ant glass house crop. I would like to to see if there is enough information to begin a relational model. You can just send the data to me as a message.

I spent most of my adult life working with very large data sets.
Please visit my profile for some detail. I would be willing to send you my cv.

1 Like

We have not officially launched yet so we only have data sets for some pilots we have conducted. The longest one was around 3 months and involved monitoring wintering plants at a nursery for humidity, temp and soil moisture. Some of the sensors we tested had problems so the readings were not always accurate - generally soil moisture caused problems if the soil structure did not allow good contact with the sensor. Based on your background, I am curious if you would be interested in testing a device? If so, I can talk to our partner to see what the conditions would be for getting you a device…

2 Likes