Introduce yourself!

Welcome @lefthandhemp! Glad to have you aboard. How sturdy is hempcrete anyway?

2 Likes

Wow hempcrete, can that be applied as stucco too?

2 Likes

While it’s not structural, it’s quite sturdy!

James Kelly Thornton

3 Likes

Welcome! I’ve sold a few of your units in the past and every grower who has used Agriair products swear them! I look forward to your posts!

3 Likes

Hey Kelly! I remodel houses and have been very interested in utilizing hempcrete but have been unable to find much info or manufacturers in the States. I can’t wait to interface with you more and maybe do a project with some hempcrete! Welcome!

4 Likes

So a natural lime plaster is recommended as the interior/exterior finish. Hemp itself can be mixed into the plaster but hempcrete is traditionally formed in the walls.

2 Likes

Good morning April and welcome to Growers Network! I hope you don’t mind me picking your brain a minute!

I’m traditionally more familiar with the performance of carbon scrubbers; how does oxidation differ from activated carbon?

From what I understand of carbon scrubbing (and feel free to correct me if I’ve got something wrong here, I’m always learning and re-learning and adapting knowledge,) but that each particle or granule of activated carbon provides a surface area full of pores for impurities to be exposed to. As the impurities pass through the carbon, they get adsorbed in the porous macro/micro/meso holes through chemical attraction. The more surface areas exposed, the better chance of filtration (which is why from my understanding you want your carbon to be typically more crushed to expose more surface area) because the larger surface area exposes more bonding sites.

I’ve read particle sizes that can be removed by carbon filters range from .5 to 50 micrometers. Does that come into play for Agriair products, April? I know as time goes on with carbon scrubbers; the bonding sites on the carbon begin to fill up and the effectiveness of the odor reduction decreases. Is there any sort of drop-off in performance of the Agriair filter systems after X amount of hours in use (especially a product designed for 24/7 use?)

Appreciate any help and insight; very interesting product line and would love to know more! Thank you!

1 Like

I’m on the fence with Indo Expo (not out of disinterest, just trying to decide to go or not.) I’m going to try to sneak a late application in there to speak about autoflowers (one of my goals for 2018 is to raise awareness of what’s out there for growers, I’d love to get some documentation done by commercial growers this year!)

Business is good; we’re improving, innovating, and honestly? I am ridiculously optimistic about the future! Kind of feel like Peter from the movie Office Space if you’ve ever seen it? :laughing: Things going well for you guys? Any big plans for 2018? New rollouts? New products?

2 Likes

Thanks for being a supporter and advocate for Agriair! We look forward to introducing a few new products in the next few months, along with growing awareness of PHI’s possibilities.

3 Likes

I’d love to learn more about autoflowers, actually. I know all the irrigation stuff but I’m still learning about the intricacies of growing. Do autoflowers need or like anything special in the watering department?

We are feeling very optimistic too! Last year was great, and now that CA is “legal-legal” we’ve had a LOT of people actually ordering on designs we’ve had out for months. Our big goal right now is to get the word out about the 12-outlet manifold that we base a lot of our designs on. People love the Octabubbler (in large part due to the Jungle Boys using it) and FloraFlex, but the 12-outlet manifold has some serious advantages compared to those items that we want to make known. Other than that it’s just keeping up with all the design requests we’ve been getting. This is a hell of an industry to be in!

2 Likes

Hello everyone, Helena here from Sierra Bags! We are a manufacturer of packaging here in Reno NV. Our main vision is keeping everything USA made and as Eco-friendly as possible when using poly’s and plastics - everything we do is made recyclable. We’ve been making packaging for the food industry for about 90 years (1924) and opened a new division based on the cannabis market about 3 years ago. Our main products here being Exit bags, grower bags, bud bags & custom packaging. Happy to be apart of the community here - if anyone is ever in the Reno area, feel free to drop in and see our production facility and we can show you how we make our bags!

4 Likes

Welcome @helenat! I’m glad to hear about the movement towards bioplastics and recyclable plastics.

2 Likes

Hey good morning Helena and welcome to Growers Network! You said you’ve been in the cannabis market for about 3 years, have you seen a lot of changes in the requests for packaging coming from clients based on the changing/expanding regulations of what needs to be on the labels/packaging?

Any chance we can talk you into posting up a few pictures of the bags/products for us to see too? :grinning:

2 Likes

Well consider this your lucky year; I’m actually in the process of writing a cultivation guide for autoflowering cannabis based on documentation and community/peer feedback from the home growers of the Autoflower Network! I want to provide more visual and stimulating ways for growers to get into grower and mulling around a few ideas on the best way to make that happen!

As far as water requirements go to give you an idea a lot of these guys (referencing the home market) use straight up tap water (chlorine/chloramine and all) if they aren’t using an RO system (which is probably one of the next most popular things we see.) I live here in SE Colorado and our water out of the tap is atrocious. Over 800 PPM and extremely high in manganese (my neighbor won’t even give it to his dogs, but it hasn’t stopped me from making a daily pot of coffee for the last 6 months! Cast iron stomach I guess!) Filtration is big (and often overlooked) in my opinion and I think starting with a quality source of water (whether it begins that way or is made that way) would at least eliminate some of the common culprits we look for when diagnosing plant problems with home/hobbyists.

What would you think about this Erik, let’s sit down some night for a chat on the phone or Skype to talk about irrigation/water needs for the home grower market? I’m not saying I have all the answers but I do have some insight/perspective based on growing a huge network of home growers and maybe there’s something there for you to glean.

Awesome, good for you guys! Love hearing stories of “we’re selling more stuff because of legalization!” I hope that means more growers getting interested in the market (which means that is more new growers we need to educate!) Life is good my friend!

1 Like

I would be very down to talk this stuff over! We are moving our facility out to Phoenix this month so I’m gonna be pretty swamped, but if I have some time I’ll let you know.

3 Likes

Hello, my name is James Yagielo, the CEO of HempStaff, LLC

HempStaff was founded in April 2014, and we quickly became the industry leader in medical marijuana recruiting and dispensary training. To date HempStaff has helped thousands get jobs in the cannabis industry and has trained over 3600 students to work in a marijuana dispensary in 18 states.

If you are a licensed cannabis company looking for employees, an experience cannabis employee looking for a new job, or an inexperience candidate looking for training, contact us to see how we can assist you!

Get more information at our website www.hempstaff.com
Email us at info@hempstaff.com
or give us a call 9-5 PM EST Mon-Fri @ 855-MMJ-JOBS

4 Likes

Good afternoon James @HempStaff and welcome! I live in Colorado and I see this subject come up quite a bit on social media groups on how to get training, how to find jobs, etc and it’s great to see more agencies like yourself popping up to fill that need!

If you have a moment it’d be great to get your social media information added into this list!

Will give your links a look and a follow, appreciated and don’t be a stranger around here; it’s a really nice atmosphere and I haven’t seen anyone bite yet :grinning:

2 Likes

Hello, my name is Brian Welch. I work with two different companies, Amber Energy US, and Newr Energy, both based in Maryland. I started working with some growers in Oregon recently, and figured I would join to talk about electrcity a bit because it’s a high expense for an indoor grower. There are plenty of ways to reduce your expenses, depending on the regulations of your state and utility. I’ve enjoyed hanging out with people in the cannabis community, so I’m here to lend a hand with a major expense.

4 Likes

Depends whether you’re talking about hydroponic or soil-grown. Hydro (or areo) replaces soil with an inert (or, no), media. Rather than feeding the soil, you’re feeding the plant roots directly with no buffering, and must control everything fairly minutely. Properly done, this can result in superior quality and yield, but requires a solid base. For medicinal plants, 0 ppm may not even be adequate for base water quality as there are some nasty carcinogens at small PPM or even PPB. Glyphosate anyone?

Regarding nutrient delivery, which is your focus, there are different methods for different growing styles. For example, with hydro grows, there is generally drain-to-waste or recirculating (apart from ebb and flow/flood-and-drain/NFT, etc.). Each style has their own features, pros and cons, and requires different accommodations to deal with salt buildup, etc.

Your 12-site manifold will be most likely suitable for soil pots/beds or the current fad of micro-dosing in hydro, though it leaves waaay too much room for mold development in my view. The key thing though is equal flow across all sites which, as you must surely know, is totally dependent on fluid circuit design and pump matchiing.

2 Likes

Goooooood morning everyone!

When you send your wife to the store for one thing and she comes back with six things…

A big welcome to Brian @bwelch ! Is this your website? If you get a moment it’d be great to get your social media links put up for everyone to see as well; we like to see what people are up to (and we’ll give you a follow!) Thanks for joining us Brian!

3 Likes