Introduce yourself!

So all residents in Ontario are allowed to grow up to 4 plants? No special permit needed? Do they have to register? I was talking to a buddy who mentioned hearing something (coffee talk) about California wanting to require residents to register the plants they are growing even at home (that’s absolutely ludicrous if that were the case, might as well grow black market if it comes down to that.)

Maybe the time has come to teach people to grow their own medicine at home :wink:

3 Likes

@Shades

Mike,

I absolutely love how you are applying US safety standards, that typically have only applied to the status quo, to our beloved industry. This is the true future of safety hazard minimization when federal legalization becomes the new status quo. I would encourage all companies who are looking to be a step ahead and have their worker’s safety in mind to explore this!!

Thank you and welcome, Mike!!

Jessica

3 Likes

Hi Donna!

We engineered the world’s most advanced commercial pre-roll machine at 453 pre rolls in 2 minutes. Because of the sheer volume capacity alone, we have provided these machines to some of the largest producers in North America. I often get asked about different ways to package these pre-rolls and am always seeking solutions as such to help them move even faster and more efficiently.

Could you tell me a bit more about potential machines that could wrap/package with very, very large production capacity, and even more so, if these machines are effective for the delicate pre-rolled joint?

Eager to learn more!

Best,

Jessica Ferranti

3 Likes

Great meeting your team at the Sensi event last night! Looking forward to seeing you at MJBizCon New Orleans!!

4 Likes

@Jessica_STMcanna

I kept looking at the STM name and going “I’ve met you guys somewhere before.”

CannaCon! Seattle!

1 Like

Don’t forget to check out the AMA today with HempStaff everyone!

2 Likes

Hi Jessica,

Thanks so much for your inquiry. Here is a link to our video for wrapping individual “cigarettes” with our Xopax overwrapping machine, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2q_AshWoxS4&t=52s. You can see that the film is pulled off the roll and then wrapped around the item, so you aren’t stressing the joint or putting it at risk for tearing. The tear strip makes it easy for the consumer to unwrap without crushing it. Let me know what you think.

Thanks,

Donna Palmer

Xopax | www.xopax.com

3 Likes

Ah, yes! There we are! We were posted on The Marijuana Show booth as highlighted cast member of the TV show for season 3.

Seattle CannaCon sure was interesting, @Jordan!!

2 Likes

@Xopax

Of course! My pleasure.

I did review the video earlier, thank you! I think there are probably two key things from here I would be curious about:

Would you say this is an efficient option for very, very large scale production? Several of my clients seeking these solutions would be producing upwards of 400,000 pre-rolls monthly to a high of 2-4 million pre-rolls monthly. If not, what would one machine be capable of volume wise monthly? (i.e. what may be the ideal client size).

In regards to the individual wrapping - that is so great to hear! During the wrap process, ensuring the quality of the pre-roll is maintained throughout is, of course, a necessity.

Without a tube or package, would you expect the product to be significantly more easily damaged in the process when having to get it from the producer/processor to retail and then in the consumer’s hands?

Thank you,

Jessica Ferranti

2 Likes

To be honest i have no idea how the government is planning on regulating or keeping track on peoples plants or if there will be a size restriction. Plus how do they expect 4 plants to have a total dried weigh only an ounce.

The laws around here are so grey and confusing with so many gaps. Also anyone who consumes a large amount of cannabis regularly will need to grow more then 4 plants at a time.

I totaly beleive people who can grow their own medicine should but not everyone is a greenthumber and some people with disabilities may not even physically be capable of it.

We will see what attempts the governments will be making in the futur to control the plants and their patients but in the meantime us northern growers are just wondering and worrying if the next bust will hit close.

3 Likes

Just want to say welcome to all of our brand-new CBT members joining us!

3 Likes

Hello,

New to the site here.

Let’s see…

I have 2 BaS’ in agriculture and an MaS.

I have done forage research at Oregon State University and I do have 1 published co-authorship in the Tall Fescue Monograph (chapter 3)

I taught agricultural labs at Oregon State and high school ag and FFA.

I have been growing for 16 years, of which 12 I would call professional, and of that 12 this is my 3rd at 40ksqft.

We are ultra low cost outdoor ($20/lbs at 3000lbs). We produce bulk, whole-plant (minus stems and water leaf, untrimmed bud) for hash processors. We have 1 customer, and make one transaction per year, and we hope to that we never need to find a new one. :joy:

4 Likes

Jessica,

For any high volume operation we recommend the PXC12. The PXC model has the digital controller and a three year warranty. It is designed to be a real work horse and hold up nicely when ran shift after shift. I can’t speak to the speed one could expect as it varies from user to user and increases with practice. For the level of volume you mentioned, you will want to consider multiple machines. While your machine can produce 453 pre-rolls in 2 minutes, manually wrapping that amount would likely take a couple of hours using only one machine.

Without a tube or package, caution should be used in transporting as the pre-rolls won’t be protected from crushing.

Our standard film rolls have 5000 feet of length and the cigarette used in our video used only about 2" of film. Based on that, one roll could yield 30,000 wraps. You get a free roll with the purchase of a machine, so essentially you get to wrap the first almost 30,000 free. The tear tape rolls have 30,000 feet of length, so they are equal to 6 rolls of film. The roll of tear tape that comes with the package will last for the first almost 180,000 pre-roll wraps.

We’re always happy to wrap any samples you want to send. Let me know if you have any questions or want to send samples.

Thank You,

Donna Palmer

4 Likes

Nice chatting with you this morning Dan, it’s an interesting market out there!

3 Likes

Good to be in contact with you all. My name is Yadira Silva from Cerda Imports. I am from Ecuador. I am 38 years old, about 7 months ago I started chasing information and opportunities to be part of the Cannabis Industry.

I decided to :wink:

1. Became a SOHUM LIVING DISTRIBUTOR for Cultivators around the world. Our natural super-soil was designed by growers for growers to provide a full buffet of premium nutrients throughout your plant’s life-cycle. Just add water! SOHUM Living Soil, Organic Fertilizer, Organic Plant Food, Soil Amendment. Increases Yields. Vegetable Fertilizer, Flower Fertilizer. Non-GMO. Eco-Friendly. Just Add Water! No Mixing, No Measuring! : Garden & Outdoor.

2. OFFER Tagua Seed to handmake carb logos of the Cannabis logos Business to seed their brands. The Finest Tagua
    Tagua is the wonder material. It is the dried nut pulp of Tagua Palm and it comes from Ecuador. Tagua is natural, ecological, nature-friendly, its harvest protects the rainforest and elephants as a substitute for ivory, it fixes CO2 when growing, it is non-toxic, even edible when fresh. But above all, it is a beautiful material.

3. Offer Jackets made in Ecuador. These incredibly soft UNISEX Jacket are exactly what you need when you’re looking for warm Jackets that are beautifully made and full of color, texture, and pattern. Ecuadorian’s Jacket and our Alpaca Jacket deliver unmatched warmth and softness. This Jacket is made of LANA (Sheep’s Wool) and Acrylic making it cruelty-free for animals. Lana and Acrylic MAKE the perfect combination to blend one of the world’s luxury fiber, lighter and warmer than wool, silky soft to the touch. Cerda Imports is a smart and ethical company that looks to the future, not just to capture the new trends and transform them into cutting-edge collections, but even more so to strive for a shared objective: living in a totally animal-cruelty-free world.

We are involved in a NOVEL CAUSE. We will contribute 10% per every bag of soil, tagua seed, and jacket Our Client purchase from us. ( out of our profit) TO Unidad Educativa “Independencia Ecuatoriana” Middle School, localized in Guayaquil, Ecuador; TO SUPPORT SINGLE POOR MOTHERs paying for their kid’s education.
Our mission is to give school-grants to single mothers in rural areas in Ecuador.

Raise Money to contribute to Single Parents to pay for their children’s schooling expenses.

Raise Money to Remodel the Playground

Raise Money to Remodel the building structure of the School.

HELPING THE DISADVANTAGE
“Independencia Ecuatoriana” Middle School Opened Since March 20, 1998. Serves 390 students yearly. Each Student requires $385 per schooling year (May to February).

The 75% of students from this school suffers economic instability due to paternal abandon, parents with no profession, and unemployment.

BE PART OF OUR CLUB: www.cerdaimports.club, 720-364-2759, expresspartyrental69@gmail.com

1 Like

Hi, I am Simon from Switzerland
I have 10 years experience in the commercial construction of indoor plants and 15 years experience in the indoor cultivation of cannabis on large scales.
I am planning, building and running Cannabis production plants in Switzerland in commercial scale. Currently we are realizing a fully sustainable, state of the art Hybrid grow project with 160’000 square-feet in size.
We are looking for Contacts, Synergies, Partners and Investors all around the world.
I am following this Network several months now and Iove it!

Feel free to contact me anytime, lets make the world a better place!

4 Likes

@PassionX Hello Simon, welcome to the Growers Network community. You are the first member from Switzerland! Where is the law at in Switzerland right now? I will message you directly about contacts, synergies, partners and investors.

1 Like

I agree with you on the fact that there are still a lot of grey areas and there will be for a while. I’ve been studying the law as it’s written and presented to the HOC and parliament for a couple of weeks now.
As for the 4 plant question, they were planning in regulating the size and amount harvested but that was thrown out in the bigginging of the year.
People will be aloud to grow their 4 plants as large as they want, indoors or outdoors with no limitation on harvest. As far as I can translate, when they talk about the 30 gram limit, that’s based towards what you have on you in public, not in storage on your private property. But I could be wrong and I am always open to correction.
It’s also important to remember these are purely recreational laws and that the medical side will still exist. Meaning that people who have health issues and need to grow more than 4 plants to sustain their health will still be able to apply for a personal cultivation license through the ACMPR programme.
There’s a lot of hoops for us as Canadians to jump through, but if you can jump through them like a dolphin then there’s lots of business to be had.

3 Likes

Thanks for the input Bryan. I wasnt sure if they were planning on regulating size. And i wonder if they are going to start being more strict on patients with their medical liscence once it becomes legal recreationaly. It wouldnt surprise me if they start decreasing the number of plants and weight patients can hold.
Im honestly just hoping that they dont end up doing what some states did where they let all the growers and dealers feal comftorable running their buisiness and then waiting ta fatten them up before throwing them in the slammer.

2 Likes

Hi Nick
Thanks for your answer. Right now it is the same here just CBD Products with less than 0.3% THC. I expect there will be some changes in law in the next 3 years.

I did not received any pm from you about businesscontacts, I would be very interested in it.

1 Like