Introduce yourself!

Hey guys, my name is Ryan and I own a small grow in NW Montana. I’m a breeder, living soil cultivator, and mechanical extractionist. I’m here to expand my knowledge, and my network of like-minded people to bounce ideas back and forth with. Thanks for the invite!

3 Likes

Hi Everyone!
I am very excited to be on this platform with so many of my fellow colleagues in the cannabis industry. My name is Dana Wallace and I am the founder of 420estates.net. My real estate company focuses solely on legally compliant cannabis properties. Helping sellers to get their properties in front of buyers who are searching for a Cannabis business opportunity and helping buyers learn all the details about these unique properties, is our specialty. I hope to interact with many of you and look forward to sharing these Cannabis real estate opportunities and answer any and all questions that you may have when it comes to Cannabis Real Estate. My company prides itself on being the industry leader in Cannabis properties. I am proud to have been featured in different media and was lucky enough to be involved with a documentary from CNBC with Marcus Lemonis from the show The Profit, which focused on Humboldt County and the ever changing cannabis landscape now that our new legal recreation market is a coming in to play. Feel free to reach out to me on this forum or at dana@420estates.net with any questions or just to chat about the industry!

9 Likes

Hey @420_Estates ! So Great to see you on the Network! Welcome aboard! Can’t wait to see some of your properties for sale in #classifieds:real-estate !

3 Likes

David Seber
President Hemp Shield Company LLC, Guest Lecturer at Oregon State University
Eugene, Oregon Area
Oregon State University
University of Denver - Daniels College of Business University of Denver - Daniels College of Busin…

See connections (500+)

David Seber Industrial Hemp Bio
Mr Seber has been formally involved in the Industrial Hemp “movement” since 1992. He is originator and co-founder of C&S Specialty Builder’s Supply which evolved to Fibre Alternatives.
The main work of these companies was and is to develop and demonstrate Hemp based composite applications for building materials, and later, biofuels and chars( for agricultural supplements) .
Mr Seber has been associated or initiated the development of Hemp based building materials applications with many commercial building material manufacturers, and academic institutions including the Building Materials and Engineering Laboratory at Washington State University, Virgina Polytech Univ, Indiana Univ, and others. He co-authored the paper “Bast Fiber Applications for Composites” published by the Forest Products Society and presented at The 30th Annual World Particleboard/Composite Materials Symposium in Pullman, Wa 1996
Some of the hemp based applications that Mr Seber helped to develop and demonstrate through the production of lab prototypes include:

1. Medium Density Fiberboard (MDF) panels
  2. Resin/fiber (“natural fiberglass) prototypes
  3. Inorganic bonded insulation and aggregates (cements)
  4. Hemp derived and non-formaldehyde binders
    Mr Seber is the owner of Fibre Alternatives which is a hemp based composite development and bioenergy consulting service. He has recently created a poster entitled “21st Century Industrial Hemp Composite & Energy Applications with a companion CD including MR Seber’s testimony(3/26/09) at the Oregon State Senate that led to passage of OR SB676
    Mr Seber recently completed development and negotiations with Forrest Paint Company of Eugene, Or for the production of Hemp Shield which is the first modern hemp oil based wood finish and deck sealer. Hemp Shield will begin a joint operation with Forrest Paint Company of production, distribution, fulfillment and marketing on a domestic and world wide basis in January of 2011

Specialties: Marketing, R&D, Consulting Industrial Hemp building materials

3 Likes

Kemper
Pure Grow Soil

Hi Im thrilled to be a part of this community. I run a soil blending facility in Arizona. My background started as a marine biologist. My Parents were Navy so I got to travel extensively in places like Taiwan and Hong Kong. I was and still am enchanted by the biodiversity in these lands. After we returned to the states I spent many years in California working Orange and Avocado Groves as a grove manager. Have worked with and on many types of agriculture farms learning as much as I can. I have spent the better part of my adult life in the Ag business. Created organic field sprays for farms across the US. Those inputs are also used with the Vortex Brewer which we manufacture and sell. I don’t believe that there is a single solution when it comes to growing cannabis or any crop today given the parameters that can change from environment to environment, Temps, Humidity soil conditions indoor or outdoor. We believe and promote regenerative agriculture, sustainable soils, and remineralization. Our worm farm is near Williams AZ where we raise and produce African Night Crawler castings. We have close contact with our customers and good communication. I go to each of the grows to discuss your needs individually. I know that everyone here wants to make the best products we can and for us that starts with understanding your environment. BTW yes I started growing when I was 17 no I don’t grow now at 66. I continue my education through Wageningen University current study Sustainable Food Security and Crop production. I’m amazed at how things are turning out for growers today. Keep up the great work.
To the guys at GrowersHouse and Nate and his team thank you for this opportunity and for having us.

5 Likes

Hey @soil Welcome to the Community! It’s great to see our local providers interacting in the community and I look forward to learning more about Pure Grow Soils processes and solutions to everyday problems in cultivation.

3 Likes

Hi, I’m Robert, and I am very pleased to be part of this group. My career has ranged from the ‘white shoe’ world of JP Morgan to the frontiers of Medical Marijuana. In 2013 I assembled a group of private investors, including me, raised $6 million, recruited people with domain knowledge, and led the process of competing for and winning a coveted producer license in Connecticut. We named the company Curaleaf, and as CEO, I managed construction of the facility, hired staff and began production.Eventually, we had a profitable exit in 2017, and Curaleaf is now in 11 states (I’m not active in the company anymore, but i still own a piece.) Now, i invest and share my experiences in this exciting industry .

6 Likes

Welcome to the community, Robert. Where are you currently investing? Your background and experience would lend to a great interview or AMA. You can message @Hunter if you are interested in sharing your wisdom with our community. See you around!

1 Like

TGIF looking forward to the weekend, so I may relax for a day or 2. LOL

3 Likes

Hello Everyone! Happy to be here. I am the director of operations at Canna-Hub. Our company develops cannabis business parks in California.

I am happy to discuss (and help with) real estate projects, financing, cannabis ordinances, taxations. The fun stuff… right?

Also, If you are looking for space for your cannabis operation, reach out. Let’s get you in one of our parks.

5 Likes

@fernando welcome to Growers Network! I am excited to learn more about your cannabis business parks. You can post your current property listings here: #classifieds:real-estate

1 Like

Hi, my name is Kelly and I’m here representing InstantGMP, Inc. We make a software that helps people improve product quality and manage their batches. We’ve got lots other great products too. Don’t worry, I’m not here to spam you all with sales-y stuff. I’m mostly here to talk from an industry expert point of view.

Currently, we’re offering a grant to startups. Check it out if you’re interested. We’ll help you get a huge leg up in the industry.

My coworkers and I come from the pharma industry originally. We’ve been in the dietary supplements, cosmetics, e-liquids, and kratom industries for quite some time and we eventually expanded into cannabis, hemp, and CBD. I’m more than happy to answer any questions about regulations and offer advice on how to improve your product quality.

I’m a personal user of CBD - it’s great for anxiety. I’m not big on cannabis, but I’ve enjoyed being a part of the budding industry (I’m also a fan of bad puns).

3 Likes

Hello everyone,
My name is Ramen Younan and I reside in Canada. I am a mechanical engineer by schooling and decided that it was time to pursue something more exciting than being in the automotive industry.

A group of my university friends and I decided to embark on a new journey into this fast growing industry in Canada. We all have our own experiences with cannabis but it’s now time to learn what it will take to succeed in a commercial scale.

As some of you may already know, cannabis is about to be legalized in our country this summer and we have began the process of completing the application to become licensed producers. It is quite a long process to satisfy Health Canada’s ACMPR (access to cannabis for medical purposes regulations) requirements but we look forward to the road ahead.

I am excited to know that there is a group of people who’s knowledge and advise can be trusted, unlike what you may read on the internet.

Good luck to everyone, in what ever capacity you may may be involved, in the field of cannabis and I look forward to sharing thoughts and collaborating going forward.

2 Likes

Ray,

Be sure to check out the grant my company is offering for startups to apply for:
https://www.instantgmp.com/2018-greenfield-grant

3 Likes

Do you have the ability to work in Alberta?

2 Likes

Unfortunately, not at this time.

2 Likes

Hello everyone! My Name is Michael and I am the Processing Manager at Airfield Supply Company (a vertically integrated dispensary) in San Jose California. I have been in the industry for 7-8 years and have extensive experience in nearly every facet of this industry. As a jack of all trades I am more than happy to answer any questions and I am excited to be part of this community.

3 Likes

Hi Growers Network,

I’m IanCaine and I’m the Director of Operations/Cultivation for Acclivity Cannabis (@acclivitycc on IG). We unfortunately had to shut down operations in San Bernardino, CA due to regulation issues and we are currently looking for new partners with whom to start anew. Unfortunately, at the time we had to cease operations, we were just launching our brand, which strives to the be the REI of Cannabis. We are outdoor adventure focused as we are outdoor adventurers ourselves.

I am also the Director of Operations/Cutlivation for Elevatum Farms, Inc, a company in Adelanto, CA that is cultivating indoors, specifically to provide flower to our sister company for extraction. We are submitting our TI plans this coming week and hope to begin construction soon, which I will post many pictures of here.

I’m also doing a bit of consulting for a group that is entering the industry pretty heavily in the light-dep side of things and I’m loving getting the opportunity to begin to develop cultivation methods using permanent organic beds. I have an MBA in Sustainable Business and I’m excited for the chance to live much more true to my values by using natural light and organic inputs. To date, I’ve spent the last 13 years growing indoors with non-organic inputs and it’s never quite felt right.

I love the sense of community I"m getting from this network and I’m looking forward to getting to know you all.

3 Likes

Hey Michael, thank you for joining Growers Network! We are happy to welcome you into our community. You are officially the 1,000th GN member from California; that is a milestone for Growers Network! I think many of our members would be eager to hear more about your vertically integrated dispensary. If you create a new topic in the #dispensary category, we can all learn from your experience and current operation. Enjoy your weekend! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Welcome to Growers Network, Ian.

You had me at REI of Cannabis. Tell me more!

1 Like