Introduce yourself!

We can never have too many Nicks! Welcome to Growers Network. What type of employment are you currently seeking?

2 Likes

I’m seeking any opportunity in the industry but would prefer to be in cultivation/ production in an extraction laboratory or a laboratory testing cannabinoid potency and profiles, pesticides and contanimants including polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons (PAH) and Plant growth regulators (PGR). I believe with my education and past professional experience I am better suited for that type of work within the industry.

3 Likes

Welcome @helen, @Richard.Guerra, @nicklewis003…nice to make your acquaintance and it’s great to have your experience and expertise here! You can never have too many Nicks! :wink:

2 Likes

You’ll definitely find your very specific set of skills has a place here in the industry, Nick! There are a lot of labs that could utilize your expertise!

2 Likes

Hi everyone,

My name is Mark and I work for Complete Access Insurance Services. I am a broker and I can assist business owners in the Cannabis Industry obtain coverages that can suite their needs. With the significant increase of new businesses related to cannabis, there are always new types of services business owners are providing for the Cannabis Industry. If you have any questions on how to protect your business, or if you need that product liability because you are placing your products in retail stores, I will be glad to help out. You can visit our website at www.420completeaccessins.com or message me if you have any questions.

Really looking forward to helping out cool and positive individuals in the Growers Network Community, such as yourselves. :wink:

4 Likes

Hi all,
My name is Thomas McKinnon and I’m the community outreach director for SPENagri. We’re a cultivator in Sacramento. We are in the process of getting our CUP and waiting for our public hearing to be scheduled. We have a 12,000 sq. ft. warehouse and will be cultivating about 10,000 sq. ft. of canopy. We are all businessmen first, and now moving into a new opportunity as growers. I’m coming out of the gaming industry in HR and am looking for resources for job descriptions, standard operating procedures, that sort of information, as I create our internal manuals. I’m hoping I won’t have to reinvent the wheel.
Thanks,
Thomas

4 Likes

I am well acquainted with Curaleaf CT, its kind of amazing to bump into you on here! Anyways hope all is well and if you happen to need a hand with anything or if you are ever looking to fill a position please don’t hesitate to ask. I have such a passion for growing cannabis I just can’t explain how devoted I am to obtaining a career in the Cannabis Industry.

3 Likes

I am a CPA and CFE specializing in the cannabis industry. I will assist you develop accounting systems to properly record transactions and provide rapid feedback to help you better manage operations and control costs. Additionally we will work to use 280E to deduct allowable expenses to and increase cash flow.
Thank you,
Bruce Jolliff, CPA, CFE

2 Likes

I have been in the California cannabis marketplace for 10 years, and currently work with startups and cannabis operators helping them find property zoned facilities. We are able to assist with identification, brokerage, and for companies that qualify, we will buy your building for you, or do sale lease-backs.

Feel free to reach out if I can help! AMintz@McKinneyCapital.com

4 Likes

I love Gavita. I had some issues that I needed help with and worked with the people at Rambridge. Great service! I believe Gavita is the industry standard for quality. I’m a loyal customer. I’m always watching Gavita to see what’s next so be sure to tell us first.

2 Likes

Hello to all,

My name is Brian Kunkel and I am the President & CEO of Maryland-based, Bri-Bet Security Solutions. Bri-Bet is a leading provider of security services for Maryland’s Medical Cannabis industry.

I am very excited to be a part of the Growersnetwork and will do my best to be active, provide comments and insight and assist when asked.

If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me at brian.kunkel@bri-bet.com or by phone at (443) 278 - 4477, Ext. 401.

Thank you,

Brian

4 Likes

Hello everyone! Thank you so much for having me as part of this group! I launched my virtual bookkeeping business last year. I help dispensaries, wholesalers, and ANYONE else who is an entrepreneur in the marijuana business (recreational or medicinal) “cultivate” their bottom line. Business Bookkeeping Solutions, Inc. fully supports this industry and looks forward to “growing” with you as trusted partners.

Source%20Files-2%20Disp%20200px

https://www.businessbookkeepingsolutions.online

4 Likes

My name is Mike Drust I was born and raised in the marijuana culture of Los Angeles. This continues to be a significant part of my life today on so many levels. I recently moved to Tucson Arizona to complete a master’s degree at UA in controlled environmental agriculture. I have worked in the green industry for 20+ years, 5 years in hydroponics. I’ve held several state and national licenses related to horticulture. I was a licensed social worker for over 10 years where I interpreted and applied state law. I intend on being a leader in the industry. I love to teach and very interested in Research and development. I spent 6 months in California and worked in indoor and outdoor farms, dispensaries, and marijuana kitchens to get a feel for the industry as it emerged. I was shocked to learn the chemicals that were being used and the lack of clean and safe practices. I met good people who did bad things because it was common practice and they didn’t know any better.
I love the Controlled environment agriculture technology and could be happy growing food but the truth is marijuana is my true love. I’ve read tons of blogs always trying to gain knowledge but this is the first group I wanted to be a part of. It was the Cannacribs videos that really spoke to me. This is the technology that will be used in the future and they are the leaders in this industry. This is where I feel I belong so thank you for having me.

4 Likes

Greetings, All. I am the US distributor of AgraPro, an OMRI Listed (and process patented) Peat Extract, which is a Biostimulant and Soil Amendment that represents an improvement over the Leonardite-derived products with which you might be familiar. We are not yet registered in all 50 states (but can be as needs warrant), but have had good tests in CO with a grower who confirmed we reduced transplant lag and boosting plant growth. Feel free to reach out with any interest or questions, and we can see about trials, etc. We are in NJ, which is hopefully soon to come into the fold of legalized use!

3 Likes

Hey Mike, welcome! With whom are you studying at the U? Stacy and Gene?

1 Like

Hi Nick, Murat Kacira is the director of the grad program. I just got here and the process of transitioning with my family has been consuming. I plan on starting with the core courses next fall. Are you a CEAC grad?

2 Likes

Sweet! I know Murat. You’re in good hands! Welcome to one of the best ag departments in the world in one of the best cities on the planet!

I got my education in Chicago. Both my siblings attended U of A. Growing up in Tucson makes you bleed blue, red and white. Go Wildcats!

2 Likes

Good morning, fine GNET members! Welcome to everyone who has joined us overnight! Looking forward to today’s AMA with Bryan Eden…It’s time to have some good Canadian grow talk, eh!

3 Likes

Hi Reed- I LOVE that comment that you need to never stop learning. Words I live by!

3 Likes

Katie Yes! Once you stop learning is when you have problems!

3 Likes