Introduce yourself!

Greetings @BartOntario, @will.i.am, and @elerie420! Here’s to a happy and productive Monday!

1 Like

Nice to see another Canadian! Welcome friend!

2 Likes

Aren’t Canadians just the friendliest!?

3 Likes

Living in igloos will do that to you.

3 Likes

My name is Matthew and I own a state licensed company in Washington State. We perform organic food grade extraction exclusively using only 190 proof ethanol. We do this so we can make the highest quality of RSO for people treating a range of medical conditions. Please reach out if you would like more info on our process. Skagit Organics is the name of our company. Good luck up there.

4 Likes

Welcome @skagitorganics!

2 Likes

Hi Nate- I’m the Sales Rep for Toms Tumbler. If your not familiar please take a moment to check out our products. I’m based just north of San Fran, it would be great to connect with you.

4 Likes

Hello All, my name is Michael Murphy, and I have recently added to the Growers Network. I have responsibilities in operations and marketing at Hydrodynamics International in Michigan - manufacturers of the Ionic, Europonic, Clonex, Mother Plant, Root Riot and GreenFuse families of products. I have been officially in the employ of HDI since March of this year, but prior to that, I was the general manager and buyer for the owner of HDI’s retail business, Superior Growers Supply, where I had been employed since 2007. Even before that (with a decade of time living and working on the East Coast involved in contract archaeology in between…a different story all together :slight_smile: ), I was previously in the sphere of the hydro retail world, as my girlfriend (now wife) had also worked for Superior Growers Supply in the mid-90s! Suffice it to say that things are not quite the same now as they were in those days! For starters, the idea of having a community of people who would openly and publicly interact in the interest of growing, supporting and promoting an industry that operated in the mainstream economy on the scale and scope that is taking place here in the Growers Network was unheard for most, and just a dream for the marginalized few who sought it. Also there was barely an internet…but I digress… Anyway, I guess I am saying that communities like this are a long time in the making, and I am excited to learn and grow with you all as we continue to move this thing forward!
-Michael

5 Likes

Hello everyone!

I’m with BioCompost, we produce earthworm castings! Our vermicompost is approved for organic agriculture, we have been working mostly with tomato growers so far, and want to get involved with cannabis growers now. We have a production capacity of 40 tons per week, all indoors to avoid contamination. We have been perfecting our process for the past 7 years and now have this amazing organic fertilizer that maximizes yield.

Have any of you had any experience using earthworm castings? How was it? Any information can help me establish how we can help growers with our product.

jonathan@biocompost.ca

I’ll see you around!

Cheers!

Jonathan

3 Likes

I love the necklace my husband purchased for me at a show :blush:

2 Likes

Hi Matthew,
I’d love to talk with you about what you’re doing, as quite a few of our customers might be interested and vice versa. We’re in the gourmet chocolate ingredient business and work with businesses throughout the U.S. and Canada that want to or are already producing chocolate edibles. Since we don’t touch the plant, that’s where you come in.
Look forward to a convo. You can check us out at: chocolate4edibles.com or give me a call: 678-570-2002.
Best regards,
Steve
Steve Leffer, Chief Edibles Officer (CEO)

2 Likes

Hey Michael,

Welcome to the community! I look forward to learning more about Clonex and the other products offered by HDI.

2 Likes

Hi Albert,
When you’re ready to talk, I’m here to discuss your holistic based cannabis products, which will hopefully include chocolate edibles. Chocoley chocolate is all ethically traded and is all peanut free, tree nut free, egg free, gluten free (celiac safe) and contains no hydrogenated oil. Plus, our temper free products all utilize sustainable ingredients.
Best regards,
Steve

2 Likes

I always said the reason Humbolt produces such great product is not the crazy weather, it’s the genetics. Do the locals give you grief about sharing the genetics commercially? What’s hot right now?

2 Likes

Hey Everyone.

I am new to this community and somewhat new to the industry – though a long time enthusiast and supporter. I made a great movie in 1999 that touches on the propaganda of the 1930’s about smoking weed. I described it as The Little Rascals meets Reefer Madness. In it a bunch of kids tie up their friend to a tree and smoke him up as an experiment to see if he’ll turn into a lunatic and “try to kill his best friend”. Here’s a link LOCOWEED AND OTHER DISCOVERIES on Vimeo but I am editing it down and will circulate it again at some point.

I’ve recently teamed up to create Cannabis Captive Insurance. Our website and vendors corner will be up in the next week or so. I believe this is a great opportunity for cannabis businesses to mitigate risk, manage money, and protect assets all in one. With an 831b Captive company, the grower / distributer / retailer can design their own claims and transfer over $2M per year tax free into their Captive company, and once transferred that money is protected from any creditors of the original business. After a year any funds not used for claims can be withdrawn as capital gains, under a lower tax rate, or used as a bank to borrow from or… really any way you want to use. It’s a great advantage because it re-purposes the money.

Sorry for the lengthy intro. Please message me with any comments or questions. My intention is to simply to be involved and help out as best as I can. And acquiring info is the best way I can do that.

:slight_smile:

4 Likes

Welcome @skagitorganics, @TomsT, @michael.murphy, @KristineG-UH, @GoddessofPhun, and good morning, GNET! As I greet a crisp and sunny Seattle morning, it’s exciting to see the AMA with @Farmer_Dan is already heating up! Join the conversation now and have a wonderfully productive Wednesday!

2 Likes

Hello,

I’m Alexandre and I am currently getting the authorizations to start the first cannabis greenhouse in Portugal owned by a Portuguese : )

It’ll be a small 350m2 (± 3800sqft) hybrid greenhouse in what is probably the best location for growing cannabis in Europe, Madeira Island.

We plan to expand later, but we need to figure out our market before it even exists. Portugal has just approved medicinal cannabis less than 2 weeks ago, and they will be releasing all the procedures for distribution in August.
Fortunately the cultivation is already permitted, so we can start now.

As you can probably tell, we are not very experienced in all this, but we are surely anxious to learn.

So Hey Everyone

7 Likes

Welcome @alex.lupus! It’s awesome to see Portugal getting in on the growing business!

2 Likes

Hello fellow members. My name is Rod Lertola. I am the Senior Operations Director for Hydrodynamics International, Inc., the manufacturers and distributors of the premier CLONEX line of plant propagation products. We look forward to maximizing the success of the members of the Growers Network community.

6 Likes

Welcome @rod.lertola! Glad to have you on the community. :slight_smile:

2 Likes