Introduce yourself!

Hi! My name is Marisa and I’m a wonder lusting, adventurous, nature-loving, and spirited person! I love musing at ocean waves, dancing on the beach, listening to live music, moon bathing, and celebrating the unique beauty of each person I meet. I’m a Certified Therapeutic Life Coach, Reiki Master, motivational speaker, and owner/operator of Ray of Light Coaching LLC, located in MN.

I’m also a New Dealer Sales Representative for Northwest Manufacturing, Inc., home of WoodMaster Biomass Heating Systems, located in Red Lake Falls, MN. Northwest Manufacturing, Inc. is a family-owned business, established in 1989. We’re a leader in biomass energy and alternative fuel heating. Our wood chip/wood pellet Commercial Series Boilers are made in the U.S.A. and range from 150,000 BTUs/hr to 6.8 million BTUs/hr. Our boilers are extremely efficient, clean, and superbly heat greenhouses and cannabis grow facilities!

Looking forward to connecting with you all and hopefully, have an opportunity to meet you in real time! Thank you growers network for this cutting-edge, dynamic forum:)

6 Likes

On behalf of ALL the Nicks in the building: WELCOME!! We are also very passionate about mental-health related issues and many on our staff have a background in helping individuals with advanced needs. To be sure, mental health issues are close to our hearts! Thanks for the work that you do and your mission to de-stigmatize mental hygiene.

Again, thanks for being here and we are looking forward to your valuable contributions!

2 Likes

Hey Marisa! It sounds like you have many things going on in your life! We can’t wait to share with you in the journey! Thanks for being part of GNET!

Do your WoodMaster Biomass units also provide CO2 in addition to their ability to heat greenhouses?

1 Like

Hello all!
My name is Will Paul and I work for American Convention Exhibitor Service or ACES for short. We specialize in the installation and dismantle for tradeshows, retail environments, one product shows and special events. Our client base includes leading display producers, designers and corporate event marketing programs.

Whether your company is a seasoned exhibitor or new to trade show marketing, ACES turnkey solutions are designed to enhance your event media strategy. Assuring a smooth and efficient installation and dismantle of your exhibit is just the beginning. We also manage all onsite logistics including exhibit transportation, sign rigging, electrical and cable installation, technology rental and much more. With an extensive knowledge of their venues and access to unlimited resources, our management team will do whatever it takes to create a successful exhibiting experience.

In the world of trade show marketing, the stakes have never been higher. Floor space costs are escalating and more companies are vying for the attention of show attendees. Having a resourceful, reliable, full-service exhibiting partner looking out for your best interests has never been more important. With ACES on your team, field service costs will be contained, headaches will be eliminated and your exhibit will be “show ready” on time, on budget every time.

Please contact me to learn more about how our personalized exhibitor service will help your company experience exhibiting expertise.

4 Likes

Hey Will! With what cannabis trade shows are you currently working?

1 Like

Hi this is Walter P. I’m co-founder of AlulaHydro, and our plucky team of technologists, entrepreneurs and former growers has built an awesome nutrient injection system for the unique needs of indoor and greenhouse cannabis growers. We’re here to connect with growers, especially in California and Colorado, to understand better how they’re handling their nutrients and see if they might be interested in what we’re up to. Our system uses precise Swiss pumps, pH, EC, and temperature sensors, flow meters and a whole lot of software, sensors and machine learning to help growers save money and feed their plants so they’re fat and happy. We love geeky growers who are like proud mothers and fathers and can’t wait to show off their purple and pink trichomes of their latest crop.

Since there’s no single “best way” to cultivate cannabis, we like working with tech savvy innovators who understand that the rapid expansion of legalization means now is the perfect time to use automation, data, and labor saving technology to grow happy ladies with great flowers. If you’re old school think there’s no reason to ever change what you’ve been doing, then we wish you luck, but we prefer energetic and ambitious innovators who can’t wait to get up every day and figure out how to make something that’s already awesome just a tiny bit better.

Please check out our vendor corner and let me know if you have questions, thoughts on your best nutrient tricks or comments about why your secret blend of nutrient herbs and spices is the best. Sometimes I think cannabis growers are basically all reincarnated Italian grandmothers with secret family recipes for Pasta Bolognese or Marinara that have been passed down for generations. If you respect grandma’s recipe but still want to tinker with it to make it even more delicious, you’re talking our language.

We are humble, hungry and love what we do. If you adore your flowers, treat them like family, and want to feed them perfectly, let’s start a conversation, and maybe even do some business together. On Alula!

6 Likes

Welcome Walter! Grow room automation might just be one of the hottest topics being discussed in cultivation today. It’s always thrilling to see tech meet grow. Happy to have you here!

3 Likes

Currently we are not working on any cannabis shows. We have only had a few experiences with the cannabis industry’s shows. We worked on Marijuana Business Conference & Expo 2017 and World Medical Cannabis Conference 2018 in the past. One of the main reasons for joining this community was to get involved in more of the cannabis shows.

Best,

Will Paul

Project Manager

American Convention Exhibitor Service

209 West Ave.

Ocean City, NJ 08226

Email: will@acesllc.com

2 Likes

That’s awesome, @ACES! Make sure you link up with members of @maximumyield, @Indo-Expo, @HighTimes, and @cbt to help point you in the right direction. More trade shows will be on soon. I’ll be sure to reach out when they are. Any @ServiceProviders on GNET have any suggestions for Mr. Paul?

1 Like

I am new to growing even tho I have used and advocated for cannabis over 40 years, hope to learn from yall

5 Likes

Welcome @the1bman420! We’re also here teach as well as to learn. Have you ever advocated with any groups like norml, MPP, or SSDP?

1 Like

Hello Gnet community,

My name is Sean, I am new here and ideally seeking employment outside of Colorado. My Career in Commercial Cannabis Cultivation began 9 years ago when I was trying to piece together 40 hours a week of trimming. That lead me to meeting a great group of guys working with Cannamart / Silverstem. They took me on as a pre and post harvest laborer. Shortly after woking with them, I was asked if I would like to care for the plants. This was 30 lights and approx. 120 flowering plants. My experience grew very quickly under the guidance of the owner who was the main cultivator at the time.

Over the next 5 years working with Silverstem, I became the warehouse manager overseeing a crew of 5. Over this time I would assist with 7+ expansions and was managing daily operation for 212 lights over 4 separate cultivation facilities. This brought me into a realm where I was wearing many hats at once. Everything from Training crew members to trash mitigation.

After Separating from Silverstem, I spent the next part of my career working as a temp trimmer. I enjoyed this role due to how many grows I got to visit. Up until this Point I had only known one style of cultivation. This opened my eyes to an analogy that there are thousands of ways to make chocolate chip cookies and my way, albeit very good, was not the only way. Here I was able to build upon my foundation of grow knowledge by seeing new technics that worked as well as the inefficient methods that did not.

I would struggle looking my my next lead role in a cultivation facility. There where a handful of grows I would work in or consult, but never found the fit for success I was seeking. In this time, I had seen many perpetual grows had perpetual problems. I was fascinated on how I could remove pest and garden problems naturally. This took me down a road of learning organic inputs, Natural IPM and beneficial microbial activity in the rhizosphere.

My most recent endeavor was working as Plant Manager for Northern Lights Cannabis Co… I really enjoyed this role, it felt like the place I was wanting to be in my career path. Here there was a lot of simple improvements I was able to make immediately upon my hire. Six months in and I had increased yield by 75%, previous pest had been eradicated and any undesirable fungi was kept at bay due to a redesigned IPM.

After seeing an oversaturated market for employees here in Denver, It is my desire to take my skills and knowledge to a start up state where I can succeed in management of a large-scale facility. In the meantime, I have familiarized myself with the retail side of operations and am learning extractions using CBD material.

Thank you for having me here, I look forward to the wealth of information the Growers Network provides and I am proud to be a part of this community.

Sean. aka Canna_Montana

5 Likes

And the award for the best mustache on GNET goes to… @Canna_Montana! C’mon down!

Let’s find this guy and his stache a job!

4 Likes

Welcome! Very cool stuff😉

2 Likes

Hey Mgagner. Welcome to TGN. It’s amazing that you introduced yourself as a human first, rather than identifying only by your job. I am also a Reiki Master. I think we’ve both found lots of light on this Network. The people are supportive, collaborative, and open - so long as we all play by the same rules. Welcome!

5 Likes

It’s cool to see peoples’ healing skills transcend the cannabis space! Very cool to have two Reiki Masters here! I must admit I was highly skeptical of the practice until someone healed me with the power of Reiki!

We’re a big ole’ supportive group here! Thanks for being part of the fun @GoddessofPhun and @mgagner!

4 Likes

Honestly, smoking weed amplifies my ability to channel and focus the awesome Reiki energy. It has such healing powers. Not just the Reiki but the weed. Together for me, they’re the perfect combination. Thanks for sharing Growernick. Awesome to see you’re an awakened believer. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

As a converted skeptic, I can definitely see the value cannabis can add to the Reiki experience and energy…it certainly helped me!

1 Like

How did you discover Reiki and weed, @GoddessofPhun and @mgagner? Has anybody else on GNET felt the healing energy that cannabis and Reiki and other alternative treatments can have? This topic may be worthy of its own thread…

2 Likes

Smoking weed has a great effect on me. It allows me to bypass part of my brain - that part of my brain which analyzes sorts and filters. When I am totally sober sometimes it is hard for me to get out of my head. Smoking weed allows me to transcend to, like, my higher self. Doubt and logic disappear and I have a sense of knowing and being. This is a great release for me. From this state the Reiki flows freely and abundantly.

My first experience with Reiki was heightened by smoking MJ because, it was like “I drank the cool-aid”. During the experience I let go and jumped in and the result was incredibly powerful and completely healing. The human mind is fascinating and if we can learn how to bypass the conscious mind and access the subconscious, then we can align ourselves more with the subtle influences that are all around us, all the time.

I can transfer this to it’s own thread. What group should I post it to?

3 Likes