Is 85°f the best temp if you are running CO2?

Just checking some figures out to make sure I get the most out of the CO2 produced .also I need to run negative air for smell control , was thinking I should run a separate (second) exhaust to keep a smaller amount of negative flow so smell doesn’t escape the house.any suggestions would be great.

4 Likes

I don’t own a CO2 set up anymore but will buy one soon enough. I used to have a 8 burner Blue rhino it had a radiator built into the top for cooling it was great

1 Like

I understand the room has to be sealed but CO2 is heavy & I will have heat pumps set up by then. So fans wont be on as much.other thana4" filtered exhaust to keep negative air going

1 Like

I believe @tdubwilly started using co2 recently. If not @macgyver_stoner should know.

2 Likes

Thanks again buddy,:wink:

2 Likes

You Know I got you :wink:

3 Likes

I’m not sure what the best temp is @missiles and @hoppiefrog and because of that I still try to stay under 82°

My mind has been conditioned to think anything above that is bad, even though I know it can be done at those temps. My thing is I don’t like pushing limits so I won’t run numbers like 1500ppm either…more like 600 - 800 ppm

2 Likes

You can get away with running warmer temps using CO2

4 Likes

Yes you can, but do you know the optimal co2 / heat levels? @hashone

3 Likes

If memory serves me right (it has been over 10 yrs since I worked under the horticulturealst that thought me the basics of organic gardening) but I think not only can you run higher temperatures but in order to get the most of the CO2 I know you have to run higher temps to speed up the metabolic rate of the plants.in order to use the higher levels of CO2 as well the entire grow system must be functioning at 95% or better to get any benefit at all! I think it was 85°f that was the target but I believe the window went up to 90 or higher like I said it’s been a long time haha

3 Likes

I would first have to ask what kind of light are you using what size tent or room is it and is it sealed or negative pressure to answer that question

1 Like

Not sure what question you mean

I mentioned I run negative air atm

I wouldn’t go any higher than 86 on the absolute worst case @tdub

3 Likes

You could probably get away with 90° but for me that’s kind of pushing it on the edge of asking for trouble I would want to tone it down just a bit

2 Likes

Do u run CO2?

1 Like

Just curious is the room that your tent is in a room that’s closed or sealed or does that door stay open or what’s the outside of the tent environment like

2 Likes

Yes I run CO2 a little bit in veg land in flower

2 Likes

It’s a 21 ft by 16 ft RM with 9.5 ft ceilings at the peak. With 3 4x8 ft tables ATM with 9 1000w hids .but will have 5 tables and 15 1000w lights soon

1 Like

No tent at all open room concept

1 Like