Is thc liquor possible?

Cool. Any idea on how long does it need to rest to release all thc?

2 Likes

For me is quite the opposite. I drink alcohol once every month or month and a half, but have been smoking weed or hash daily since 1995.

2 Likes

I can smoke far more then I can ingest… as fast as 10 minutes…water the most universal polar solvent in my washing machine makes hash in a 12 minute spin cycle…

3 Likes

How do you do that? :open_mouth:

1 Like

I paid $500 for a 5 gallon washing machine… thats how and 300 for the bags… it’s a youtube thing too… hard to explain here…

2 Likes

I will look around in youtube. :smiley:

1 Like

It’s called bubble or ice water… @hoppiefrog promotes Dry Ice hash… that will be done this harvest… for sure…

2 Likes

Hash is not something I would do intermediately. I don’t have enough for that. But a bottle of maria-schnapps will be definitely done.

1 Like

Like a tincture?

2 Likes

Yes, exactly. A few buds into a bottle of unflavored booze. Maybe some sugar too… :smiley:

1 Like

There was a study done awhile ago that says it takes around four months of “steeping” for a high ABV tincture to convert THCa to THC (decarboxylization).

I believe the study also reported degradation of the THC after 4 months - I can’t recall the rate. Maybe I can find the link to the study. If so, I’ll link it here.

4 Likes

That’s the one I can’t find and I was talking about above @Bogleg

4 Likes

Does that mean that the THC begins to degrade as soon as the tincture is ready, or that it takes four months for the THC to appear and four more to disappear?

1 Like

Wonder if you keep it stored in the freezer if that would slow the degradation?

2 Likes

Maybe… The alcohol won’t freeze, but the chemical reactions might be slower…

1 Like

To start out, you’d have to Create a Mash that you’ll allow to ferment. I’d say just follow instructions to make Corn liquor but use hemp (Flowers? buds?) instead. You’ll need to use a still after the mash is fermented. Remember, never use lead solder to make connections when you weld/solder a still together.

2 Likes

Thanks Mark! But… what’s a still? My mother tongue is Spanish, and I sometimes get lost on technical words.

1 Like

Another question: do you think the liquor should be done with fresh or dried buds?

1 Like

I’d say Fresh. Fresh Malt is used for beer. More potent and you’ll use less water because no rehydration

2 Likes

En español, Un Destilador.@victorw

2 Likes