Is thc liquor possible?

That is far too advanced for me. And as illegal as growing weed in the country where I live. I was only thinking of diluting the plant in already distilled alcohol, the way many herb or fruit liquors are made. Wouldn’t it work?

2 Likes

Absolutely. Basically, you’d make a tincture, but not evaporate off the alcohol. Super easy.

Decarb dried bud, freeze it, then pour ice cold Vodka* over it. Shake like crazy, freeze for an hour, shake like crazy again, then strain and bottle up your booze.

*tinctures typically use much higher proof ethanol, but doubt you want to get alcohol poisoning.

4 Likes

No… an ethyl coma is not in my plans :smiley:

I will try it out in the next harvest.

2 Likes

Even if it’s harder, the more I think about it the better it sounds. The taste must be great. I like Jäger a lot and adding a fruity strain as Sweet gelato can only make it better. Or I hope so.

1 Like

Those terps won’t necessarily be the forward flavor, just a heads up.

3 Likes

Gracias Mark!

In Spain we usualy call it “alambique”.

4 Likes

Agree. But it’s worth a try. It will be fun anyway.

2 Likes

Let us know how it turns out. :grinning:

2 Likes

You must live very close to Portugal as is the
Portuguese word too.

2 Likes

Absolutely! Will do!

3 Likes

A still is short for a “distillery” o un distilario de alcohol en Espanol

5 Likes

Thanks @tdubwilly

3 Likes

I’m from Spain, from Granada, in the south, close both to Portugal and Morocco. I live in Northern Europe, where it’s colder and cannabis is more forbidden.

2 Likes

I had a friend in high school that would make what he called “Jamaican Me Crazy” which was a bottle of Bacardi 151 that had some decarbed bud soaked in it for a week or two. A sip of that got the night started on the right foot.

2 Likes

How was the taste?

1 Like

Tasted like crap, haha. 151 proof rum isn’t the smoothest drink, but it worked.

2 Likes

I meant the weed. Would it work on decent booze?

1 Like

I’m not too sure if it works with other booze. That’s the only experience I have. I only have a few drinks a month these days, so I’m not too interested in alcohol.

3 Likes

I only drink when I visit a friend once every forth to sixth week. I always travel on Friday, after work and stay until next day. I thought it’d be fun to bring some special schnapps some time, and learn a bit on the way. I’ve never decarbed before. I have to wait 'till next harvest anyway, 'coss what I have now is what I need to smoke.

2 Likes

You know @victorw just try it…it is how I learned 90% of what I know for extracting and infusing…

3 Likes