Its Grow time Help a lady in need please

year 4 so my question is this I use soil in 5-25 gal tubs, I have been buying Happy Frog, its good stuff but expensive. Do I need to add other nutrients to soil? Can I mix Pro Mix with older Happy Frog soil?. Outdoor growing.

5 Likes

There are definitely people here who can help.

@bobette specifically grows outdoors.

1 Like

Hello! @4canna2grow0 ! Welcome to GN! Many people are here that can help.
I’m an outdoor grower in Michigan. I amend my old soil. I don’t buy a mix. There are many recipes on you-tube. Look for your soil type. I found it to be easy better doing your own. I can give you a list of what I use, but I also do in ground, not pots. Plants get much bigger.
If your interested in my soil mix, toss me a DM and I’ll send it.
Another lady grower! :green_heart:

6 Likes

Welcome, hope you enjoy your stay here :grin:

You can mix pro mix and ffhf. Happy frog probably got enough in it to feed your plants 3-4weeks, pro mix has nothing (the correct one). So, you will need to feed them throughout the grow…

6 Likes

Hey! I am in Central Maine. I usually put plants outside on June 01. I start my seeds, then Rapid Rooters, then soil. I grew 75 plants last year (all for myself)

just a sample picture. If you think your recipe is okay for my zone I am all over that.

7 Likes

hi @4canna2grow0 , welcome to GN. Good luck with finding a good soil recipe and keeping your costs down. There are loads of inexpensive ways to fertilize your own soils with the right nutrients. Give GN a search for some good soil recipes, look at the resources you can use around you and find a way that suits your needs.

2 Likes

Sent you a DM. @4canna2grow0

3 Likes

Yep she’s a lady :v:t2::sunglasses::v:t2:

3 Likes

@MrBlue :shushing_face::rofl::green_heart::v::eyes:

3 Likes

She has us fooled with the madmax get up avatar.

3 Likes

Hey that is me. 2 years ago. @preybird1​:green_heart::v:

4 Likes

@PreyBird1 you have a BADASS avatar yourself!
Always impressive, my friend!:v:

3 Likes

Yeah she’s a well put together sexy old grow guru (regulars :rofl:)

4 Likes

@MrBlue & @PreyBird1 can I say " I love you guys" !!
Always so kind and giving confidence and great growing , cloning, lighting, fans… knowledgeable good people!:green_heart::v:

3 Likes

Yes u can love me I’m good for that hahaha
Your a good person bob your loved by many. I’m off to bed but can you dm tomorrow I wanna pick your mind on some outside soil?
Greenheart
Lol can remember how I did that green heart bob lol

3 Likes

Sure! Talk tomorrow. Night @MrBlue

3 Likes

Thank you Bob, getting ready for outside escapades lol In the planning mode what all I need.
Gn bob :facepunch:t2:

3 Likes

Well thank you @bobette your more awesome! I would have replied sooner but i got involved in the garden lol. Anyways always nice to see you here. We all need help and we can “grow” together!

2 Likes

Peace out my man. Im still burning the candle. up at 6 in bed at midnight. Now im going down to rotate the drying buds.

1 Like

I mix Promix with Fox Farm Ocean potting soil 50/50. Then I use Happy Frog as topical feed. 2-3 times per grow. Then I feed 2 x a week throughout the grow about 30-50% of recommendations 300-600 PPM. See the plants growing faster, I increase feed to 750 PPM.

For a super soil mix. I am using Nectar for the Gods NGOS3004 One Shot Granules, 4 lb Soil Amendment

Grow big or go home! Lol

I grow both Auto flower and Photoperiod
Key to auto flowers is Low PPM feeds throughout. 500PPM or lower.

2 Likes