JimHigh’s Auto Grow 3

Hi @happilyretired @Jimhigh66!!!

Hey Jim …I’m on my second grow ever and it’s a GG4 Auto from IGLM, 7 weeks into flowering. This stuff kicks ass doesn’t it??..lol… I love growing and like you pointed out…this site is the ultimate. Specially guys like Happy…:pray:

Plants are beutiful sir!!

4 Likes

Sup oltime

3 Likes

Evening sir!!!
Got my new HLG 135rspec hooked up …I’m pumped to finish the girl out with it…:+1::+1:

3 Likes

Good deal I’m excited for you…:+1:t3::v:t3:

3 Likes

How are things brewing at your plantation buddy?

2 Likes

Let’s chat over on my journal and not fill this one up with our chitchat

4 Likes

Jimmy jamm a jammer. Im here buddy. I swear i had this on watching already but i didnt.

2 Likes

Proud to have you on board.
I had to learn how to tag from retired.
Let’s grow together!

2 Likes

See retired! This is why I am thankful to have others to lean on.
My air pot plants seem to need water more quick.
I chalked it up to the Great Lakes living soil that I started using last grow; being more fluffy/airy.
Does that make sense?

2 Likes

I grew in AirPots and cloth port on my first grow and the air pots dry out faster. The negative is you have to water a little more often or a little heavier. The bonus is you can feed more often because they need it more often and I had noticeable growth difference. Plants and AirPots grew faster Transplant easier and are very easy to flush quickly if needed.

3 Likes

@happilyretired Happy, Ive been combing your thread on ILGM detailing your outdoor grow, using air pots. Im not sure if I need to keep reading or if I missed it, but what was the advantage of putting it in a hole? Keep the heat off the roots, keep it from drying as quickly up in the air?

If you would rather move this to your thread or dm me that is fine. I dont want to clog up @Jimhigh66 thread here.

1 Like

Im not sure ive actually been on your thread yet. Ill set to follow! Keep the green side up lol

1 Like

I am proud to have you def!
Thank you

1 Like

No we can talk here he’s using these pots he can use the information. The reason I did it that way is because it lowered the plant by 16 inches that plant was over 9 feet tall from dirt so if I would’ve put the pot on top the ground it would’ve been over 10 1/2 feet from ground. I do not want plants that tall. With training I can get that kind of weight and not be that tall you will be seeing that on this summer grow. I wanted to use the air pot because I was pushing nutrients very hard and this makes it easy to flush the main root ball if I overdo it and also there is half inch hardware wire underneath the pot so if I get a gopher in my yard he won’t kill my plan. Another reason I did this is the aluminum diffuser lid that I’m using around my AirPot Provides a barrier for insects. It was a great success.

Oh yeah and def you can also just tag me into your journal and I can leave this kind of information there for you too. :+1:t3::+1:t3::v:t3:

Here’s a couple pictures that might help.

Sorry about the big photo dump Jimmy but I don’t know if I could’ve explained it any other way. :v:t3::+1:t3:

13 Likes

Please NEVER apologize for posting pictures here!
I am in awe!
Seriously in AWE.
I am so thankful to have your expertise here.

2 Likes

Wow!!! Thanks for the detailed answer! Did your roots take to the ground soil below it pretty hard? Or did the ball pretty much stay in the pot? The insect barrier exhaust vent shaft looking sleeve is genius! I totally get it about not wanting tall plants… more wind up there and its probably just that much more difficult to get up there when you have to…

2 Likes

I ask questions and get one line answers and that helps me… like not at all So I try to always do very detailed explanations. If I get no questions, I consider it a job well done. :+1:t3::+1:t3::v:t3:

3 Likes

This is insane man, smart, clean, efficient …wow.

One can only dream …:thinking:

2 Likes

@oltimegrower
No the efficiency came in when I trimmed the bottom of the plant. I’ll show you a picture of who did it with some of her friends… :joy::rofl::rofl::sweat_smile:

17 Likes

You found me Loco…:rofl::rofl:

2 Likes