Howdy all, been having fun interacting and learning a ton here on GN. Finally time to give it a go…my first grow ever and i’m super stoked! I know a learning experience (or many) awaits Focusing on a single plant first grow…dropped a WhiZ kid in distilled water in a shot glass on a heat mat with thermostat controller set to 78 F.
Breeder: Twenty20 Mendocino @twenty20
Strain: Whiskey Zulu F1 (fem auto)
[Watermelon Zkittlez (F4) x Trizzlers (F5)]
Space: 2x2x4’ (LxWxH) tent
Container: 5 Gal Fabric pot
Medium: a mix of coco coir, Fox Farms Happy Frog, and perlite…estimate 40:40:20 ratio. Dynomyco mycorrhizae inoculant during planting.
Nutes: Distilled water, GH MaxiGro, MaxiBloom, CaliMagic, and BioRoot. Planning on starting (week 2?) at 1/10 strength and working up to 1/2 strength max during each cycle…MaxiGro during veg and MaxiBloom during flower…do about 1/10 to 1/4 strength mix of each during pre-flower to switch over. CaliMagic and BioRoot will be used throughout the grow. Pure water flushes (or FloraKleen) after every 2-3 feedings. All nutes pH’d after mixing to pH 6-6.5.
- Bloomspect SL600 full-spectrum LED (only 85W draw, so supplementing…keep reading lol). This was my first purchase in all my over eagerness months ago, not a bad little light for $50 but I would’ve saved a little more to get better in hindsight…this will be my first upgrade after the first grow.
- 2 ft. 24W T5HO with 6400K bulb (during veg) for supplemental lighting - will be posted to the tent corner (3000K during flower, 10000K Finisher bulb for before lights out, and PureUV bulb)…hope to get a second T5HO fixture eventually for 360 degree lighting
- Two clamp lights (go in the corners adjacent to the T5HO) with 100W equivalent (15 W true) standard LED light bulbs (daylight “5000K” during veg, soft white “2700K” during flower”)
- Far Red (720-740 nm) LED Supplement puck (during pre-flower and flower only).
- 4” inline fan (100 cfm) with carbon filter (scrub air during flower only). Will be adding an intake fan to close off tent during flower.
- Two small clip on fans to move air inside tent.
- Small humidifier, going to be adding dehumidifier and humidistat (controller) in next couple weeks
21 hour soak, started to crack but going to bed so onto paper towel it goes overnight:
After an additional 24 hours on the moist paper towel I popped the bean in a Rapid Rooter cube pre-soaked (and drained for ~30 min) in 1/10 strength BioRoot. Humidity dome on, I keep in dark overnight (up to 24 hours longer) prior to lights on:
Thanks to everyone who has helped me learn, shown off their skills/techniques, and the great discussions i’ve had - so excited to finally join y’all!!! ~ Jax