Just curious , going to set up a table of no till

I’m going to set one up next grow to c what the hype is about , just trying to get the full picture.most of the local compassion club is going no till thanks to Chris ennes ( not sure if I spelt his last name right lol) super smart fella he’s got a near ideaic memory kinda a Sheldon from big bang fella. Ne way he has a great set up of rolling tables that I will probably upgrade to eventually.
So needless to say he inspired me with his simplistic grow style.he is able to run a 200 light set up with just 2-3 ppl .and does well at it too.
But I’m wondering how long is a table down for between crops to grow ground cover & re amend? Also how many crops b4 the system is performing near100%? Also what is the total start up cost for a 4x8 table?

3 Likes

Your main question is the dilemma… but I really want to work it through with you as this is the main question of all indoor growers and I really don’t have an answer at the moment…

I grow outdoors, so lets start there… My pots have the root balls in all winter and when I pull the plants out come spring there is no root ball… any roots in the soil I leave as to me it will be more carbon…

I am tagging in @organicgrower4m he is living soil and indoor… I feel (only my thoughts) that if you pull the root ball and lose soil just mix more in and start your teas etc over again…maybe at a conditioner at the most… I am just about to go indoor with my soil recipe so this is what I would do for now or until I learn otherwise…lol…

3 Likes

@organicgrower4m @Ladithief

When I click on the link you posted I don’t have access to see the topic.

3 Likes

I was wondering how long the tables would be down between crops to grow ground cover and re amend?

4 Likes

So what kind of maintenance would be required between grows, basically? @organicgrower4m you are running perpetual with living soil now, yes? Once you finish a round of flowering plants, what do you do with the soil in your totes?

5 Likes

More how much down time

3 Likes

Sorry I didn’t see the whole messg. I’m just looking at setting up a table to test run ATM. Just trying to picture how it would run in a 5 table rotation .I’m concerned about any time my lights aren’t shining on my girls to be honest.

5 Likes

First you take all the amendments you plan to use and mix them into a bag. The goal is 1-2 cups per ft3 total amendments. This doesn’t count the 4 cups per ft3 of kelp you also add.

So let’s just say you add 1 cup of - alfalfa, BioLive, fish bone meal, feather meal & oyster flower to a bag and mix. You would top dress adding a cup total to 7.5 Gal (1 ft3) of all the mixed amendments above. Then add 4 more cups of kelp on top of that to the pot. And let’s say another cup of rock dust. Now you have to let that break down a lil bit. Compost teas and enzymes would help with that process.

You cut the plant down and then top dress the pot with organics. This is to replenish what has been consumed already for the next grow. Give this about 1-2 weeks depending on the ingredients added, ie. How much alfalfa, feather meal, or anything that’s hot equals more time. Then re-plant and continue on growing.

5 Likes

I can dig a week or two lay over time

3 Likes

That’s reasonable

3 Likes

I have 2 pots waiting plants rn. I try to always have a pot ready to go when I need one

4 Likes

Ahh I c .so probably better to do goat’s instead of beds then ?

3 Likes

Well all right! Welcome to the forum @BudBrother!

So I wonder which requires more daily maintenance - a living soil grow like @organicgrower4m or an ebb and flow grow like mine.

So I suppose when you are running perpetual you might have a couple bins being amended at all times?

5 Likes

With beds it would all depend on how may worms you have in there but in general, you shouldn’t have to wait at all

4 Likes

Tks man much appreciated I’m trying to see how to make this jive I will have 80 plants after my second certificate comes thru. So it requires a bit of planning and creativity, as I will veg my plants for 8-10 weeks it’s a space and rotation planning nightmare

4 Likes

That’s a tough call because both don’t take much weekly maintenance.

Currently I have 8 ft3 in totes and then say another 2 in pots.

3 Likes

Build a soil com has a planing department that will help you design and mix what you need. It’s $50/hr and takes all the guess work out of it.

7 Likes

I don’t mind spending money when I crop out I’ll have to check them out :relaxed:

5 Likes

also check out kiss organic soils

3 Likes