Just saying Hi

Hello Grownetwork,
I am new to the site and a newbie to growing and I’m here to soak up as much knowledge about cultivating this wonderful plant that I possibly can. I have indulged in the smoking of cannabis for a couple decades now and have tried once in my younger days to grow unsuccessfully… hence wanting to soak up knowledge to try my hand again but this time with more success and would appreciate any help, tips or hints to get me to my goal

12 Likes

Welcome to GN! I wish you the best.

5 Likes

Welcome to growers network.
Are you starting from scratch? Or do you already know what size grow your going to start with. There’s lots of choices as far as what you grow in type nutrients and all that. If you give us an idea of what you’re looking to do, we can steer you where to look. Anyways once again welcome.

5 Likes

Thanks and I really appreciate the warm welcome and that is what I’m here for to bring out my best

3 Likes

Thanks for the welcome HR and I came across a 2 x 4 gorilla grow tent and have 4 unit autopots and have someone who purchased a led light that is willing to let it go at a discount light is brand new and this is where I am at right now still need more stuff for sure but got somethings out of the way

3 Likes

Any suggestions as far as everything else media, nutrients, etc

2 Likes

Hold up. You don’t have your light yet and someone’s going to sell you one for half price? I highly recommend you take photos of the tag on that light so we can look at it. If it is a white LED that is one thing. If it’s a blurple light you’re probably not gonna want it. I would highly suggest you give us an idea of how much you have to spend on a light for your tent and we can show you some options of what’s available at what price that will work in your size tent. This will also give you something to look at in comparison to the one you were looking to purchase. Your light is the most important part of your grow. :+1:t3:

8 Likes

Welcome and enjoy, no question too simple or “stupid” cause we been there lol.

5 Likes

So tell us the brand and model of the light, the light is right up there at the top in importance, so don’t mess that up right off the bat if you want to go from unsuccessful to successful.

5 Likes

Well I believe this is the light I mentioned just couldn’t recall at the moment did have a smoke prior. Doesn’t seem to be that blurple crap from what i read.

Growcraft X3 – 330 Watt DIY LED Grow Light Kit. What do ya think and I’ll be getting it at a steal of a price. I have $350 for a light but want to stick with LED light any suggestions is helpful

3 Likes

Thanks sssportsmfg for the welcome and I will hold you to that statement :+1::grinning:

3 Likes

@PreyBird1 whatcha think of this?

4 Likes

What do you think of the light @Slym3r and I am getting it for a steal of a price would also like yafeedback as well @PreyBird1 if available
Thanks in advance to everyone that has taken the time to look at this and reply it’s much appreciated

3 Likes

That light will definitely do the trick for you. :+1:t3:

5 Likes

OK thanks for the feedback, I thought so as well after reading the specs but would much rather prefer to here from people who understand I am trying to grow quality medicine to relieve and enjoy at the same time

5 Likes

Thats not a bad priced unit. I like the 3 bar unit! Thats what i would buy. But if money is tight the 2 bar should work fine! Has good light output also and it says that there 40" boards. Man i would combine the spectrums they offer also. Id just stay with the flowering boards. Too bad they dont make a full cycle/spectrum option.

4 Likes

Appreciate the feedback and from the specs didn’t seem bad to me either, but one question do you have any other suggestions as far as options keeping it close spec wise.
Thanks in advance for any assistance

4 Likes

I like this one also.

I just bought 2 of these for my new light builds.

3 Likes

Thanks @PreyBird1 those are some serious looking light and you said you just bought 2 I am assuming one of each that’s going to be a wicked setup can’t wait to see how they work for you pretty sure someone on here has a journal with either of the suggested lights I can read in the meantime

3 Likes

This is the light i built. I have another to build also!
This is my favorite build.

4 Likes