Keeping your self busy and looking to the future

4 Likes

So growers I need some help with this thing. It works awesome. But I am just curious if itā€™s a must to have an air stone or does the pump oxygenate the water enough? Also does anyone have a cloner built or bought? I am wondering if I should glue the net pots into the lid? Also what if anything should I put in the reservoir water to help speed things up and or keep it clean? Any and all responses are greatly appreciated.

3 Likes

Here are my thoughts, having never done it myself, take it of leave it itā€™s up to you and no harm doneā€¦
I think you should paint or somehow cover your tote so the roots donā€™t get any light. For the air stone, I think they would help with keeping things moving, hence a bit more clean. And as for glueing the net pots, I donā€™t think it would be a good idea. If you need to adjust anything, it will make things more complicatedā€¦ Everywhere Iā€™ve seen those things, some grower was lifting it up proudfully to show the root system, so I donā€™t think they glue itā€¦
Either way, nice project! Canā€™t wait to see what it does for you. :nerd_face:

3 Likes

Thanks for the input. Good point with not gluing it. And yes I plan on either putting a heavy duty garbage bag on the outside or inside another tote with insulation between them. I just need to see if it will fit inside the other tote I have. I have a few different air pumps so I suppose I will run one I just need to get a check valve for it or some longer line so I can mount it higher then the tank but not on it as it gets kinda noisy.

3 Likes

No air stoneā€¦ the sprays will more then aerate your waterā€¦ I do waste water treatment and trust me there will be more than enough air in the water for your needsā€¦as for the light and rootsā€¦thatā€™s up to youā€¦I run a period of clear solo cups some times so I can see the root development and know more when to transplantā€¦so I am on the fence as to thisā€¦ again itā€™s up to youā€¦ but I am confident in my air stone stanceā€¦lolā€¦

4 Likes

Ok thanks for the info. So should I just use straight water or put some rooting hormone in it or something else?

3 Likes

200x aloe flakes a little fulvic acidā€¦ I stay organic or straight water (no chlorine)ā€¦ I really no longer use any hormones to cloneā€¦

4 Likes

Alright thanks.

3 Likes

So I upgraded my lights. Nothing special but they are bright AF.

6 Likes

The specs for the light

4 Likes

I would have loved to have gotten something better but this is what I can afford and I am quite happy so far.

3 Likes

So I had to cut two clones last night as my light fell while taking it out of tent to switch to new ones and hit two of the plant. I was going to wait until today but once the light fell I had to scramble to get the cloner going. But everyone seems happy still.

4 Likes

So the clones are till looking good. Never got around to taking anymore last night but I got up early today and have a feeling today is going to be a good day!

3 Likes

So mister hippy? Still happy?

2 Likes

Haha oh ya Iā€™ve been all hippied up the last few days. I made a loaf of chocolate chip banana bread the other day with some butter :wink:! Good stuff it didnā€™t taste like weed at all. The first day I had some with my father in law. I should probably mention first that I had a big slice for breakfast then my father came up later on in the day. Ok so now back to story lol. So we were having some more and at that point I was feeling great so we thought it would be even better if we added some more of the butter :wink: on top as it was a tad dry. Woo wee it was a blast. My kids and I made forts up in there bedrooms all afternoon just all and all a blast. Thanks man. How are you doing @kapouic?

3 Likes

image image image

4 Likes

So I finally cut the rest of the clones for sexing. And then rigged this old tote I had used for something and had cut some holes in it at one point. Work out pretty well I had some tinfoil laying around so I taped it on figuring had to be better then just the blue plastic. It fits and sits on the lip around the end where the lid locks. I put only the bulbs of the lights and then have the rest secured to the outside tote. Light is nothing special but works great for sexing clones as it has a built in timer for 3,6 and 12hr intervals and you can dim them or change colour and change how many of the light tubes are on. I used it last spring for sexing a few clones.

4 Likes

I am doing good. Catching up on all the ā€˜ā€™littleā€™ā€™ projects my girlfriend found for meā€¦ And Iā€™m super happy that youā€™re feeling better!
Keep it up old man and letā€™s stay happy hippies! :wink:

3 Likes

Ok young man, get ready for your weekly checkup!!!
How are you holding up friend?
Hope everything is good for you and keep us posted on your girls! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

Iā€™m doing good thanks. Back to some normalcy as I am finished my self isolation and back at work. As for the clones I turfed them. I went to check them one morning last week and there was water all over the corner of my basement! I guess I didnā€™t put the lid on properly. Also noticed a bit of a funky smell inside the reservoir. I think it was from the neoprene inserts as I had ran some H2O2 mixed with some water through the cloner to try sterilize everything before changing water and adding clones. And I guess I didnā€™t rinse them off good enough. By the time all this happened the plants that I had cloned started showing some pre flowers. I got pretty lucky only one male out of six plants. So I transplanted the ladies into 5Gal smart pots. And did some training. I have since started 8 new beans and as of this morning 6 of them have popped and am hoping the other two will be up when I get home from work today. Once they are big and strong enough I will give the cloner another try!

6 Likes