LABS at home. DIY

…lol… yeah I said for flagged because of “this” and am behaving now… and it got blocked because of the one word I used…lol…

2 Likes

It’s probably to prevent cheap (free) advertising by the manufacturers…Probably trying to protect us from sh*tloads of spam…

2 Likes

I can do that… I want to grow 2 Willy’s Wonder and I am cloning a bunch… that I could do… and for a better point… use LAB on the smaller one but from the same batch…lol…

3 Likes

l0IylR4JqKHLjaP60

2 Likes

Thanks @MK3_Pharms, that’s what I’ll do then.

1 Like

For sure it will beat the bigger one. And taste better. Overall appearance should he better as well.
Don’t get me going on washing your buds after harvest. Its a real hot button topic

1 Like

Always. I’ve forgotten more about growing then I use. Every so often my neurons connect and I remember stuff.

I do wash my buds. And personnaly, I like it. It makes for a smoother taste imo, and edible taste a bit less of the clorophyl. For me it’s not a problem, but I grow only a few plants at a time. Could be a pain to wash pounds and pounds of buds…

1 Like

9GI7VdwqLazrDaAaPv

2 Likes

I don’t know at what age that starts to happen, but I think I may have miss that boat…
Who are you again??? :wink:

1 Like

Its not to bad if you use 55gall drum’s
It does work. And I agree with you on flavor and smoothness. It also helps plants to dry more evenly. And helps the buds swell. As well bag appeal goes way up

2 Likes

H7JD0pfyksePe

1 Like

I started to wash my buds a few years back, when I read on a different forum, somebody was saying something to that effect : You wash your vegetables and your salad before eating it, why not do the same to the cannabis you’ll be doing edibles with.

https://giphy.com/gifs/Zb4Cwdpub5g0U/html5

1 Like

Its a super debated topic. But that’s usually from people who have never done it. Trichs are oil based. The water is obviously water. I use a triple dip system. And the water sheds right off the plants. Just a quick dip and swish. Good to go.

1 Like

I was really scared at first too. Having never done it.
I use 3 X 5 gallons pails.
1 I fill with the warmest water I can stand with my naked hands, and I add 1 cup of baking soda and I cup of lemon juice.
The other 2 buckets are filled with cold water. (not too cold so as not to break the trichomes)
I do 30 seconds swish in each of the buckets starting with the warm one and then I hang to drip before putting them in their drying place, either suspended or in my drying rack.
It’s really surprising what’s left after in the “warm” bucket…

1 Like

Just have to be careful… in a hash wash the motion of the water removes the trichomes… the ice is only there to keep it cold…

2 Likes

It just sucks growing a tent full of plants and have to remove half of them lol

1 Like

With the wash I always use room temp water. Too warm trichs melt. Too cold they break off like when you make hash

1 Like

That’s why you sex them ahead of time. One tent doesn’t cut it if you want perpetual

1 Like

I am working my way up to 2 then 3 but I have to work with one right now …and the only way I know to see them is grow them throw them in flower see what grows lol

2 Likes