LED/T5 Maui Wowie Hydro perpetual grow

Nice…:ok_hand:

3 Likes

Is this per gallon?

1 Like

The measurements I showed you in the DM was ml/L. I usually run my base at 3ml/L. There’s 3.5L in a gallon.

2 Likes

Nice grow homie!

2 Likes

Thanks for the compliment @ultrapuff!

2 Likes

So I finally got around to making some Maui Wowie whole plant cannabis extract, aka RSO @hoosier_grower.
This is my step by step guide to my process that I’ve refined over the past 2 years of making my own. I make my own so I can choose the cannabanoids I want to consume instead of buying the limited strains at dispensaries.

I start by decarboxilating my flower and trim in sealed jars at 200f for 28 mins. 240f for 35 mins for high cbd strains.

I let my jars cool for 24-48 hrs before I break my seal. That way I keep all my terpenes contained in my plant material.

!

20201227_070939|375x500

I then add my ice cold ETOH out of storage from my freezer, to my cannabis which I did 3 separate times. I only want my my plant material soaked for 5-10 mins tops each washing.

The major upgrade I’ve made to my process from how I was taught, is I don’t grind my material. I take the upmost care to keep all my trichomes undisturbed until the moment I’m washing them off with ethanol.
I get a better return this way and better flavor.

I usually use a wire wisk, but already took it to my new house. The spoon worked fine and I broke everything up. All the plant material is nice and brittle after being dercabed.

I pour out all my liquid in another jar lined with a muslin bag, being careful to keep all my plant material in it’s original jar for the 2nd wash.

This is a jar of cannabis after it’s 1st wash, after patiently waiting for every drop of liquid to pour out.

After my 2nd wash I then pour everything into the muslin bag, then wring the hell out of the bag till no more liquid drops out, or my arms and hands are too tired.

After doing this 3 Xs I collected all my ETOH and then run it through a coffee filter.

I take note of where the fill line is at 80% of my total ETOH.

I set my distiller so it never goes above 80c or177f, the boiling point of ETOH, to help preserve all my amazing terpenes. I did a great job cuz the liquid smelled absolutely amazing!!! :call_me_hand::call_me_hand:

It took about 45 mins to get back my ethanol, and to finish decarboxilating. I believe in low temp, longer time decarboxilating.

I pour everything out into my rice cooker to finish buring off the rest of the ethanol.

I had to buy a few rice cookers to find one that didn’t reach temps above 170f.

After another 10-15 mins I will have my final medicine.

I got back a little under 30 grams of potent rso from around 160 grams of trim and flower.

I’m also excited about reclaiming so much of my ETOH. 200 proof ethanol costs $140 a gallon, plus you have to get a permit from the atf to import it into your state.
Thank god for Amazon and the marketplace loopholes!!

I hope this helps a few people in making this amazing medicine. I swallow gelatin capsules of cannabis oil 3 times a day and it is the purest most medicinal way to take cannabis. It is able to slowly absorb into the gut and then be processed in your liver to different forms of the normal cannabanoids. From there it reaches out to every part of our bodies and to the millions of cannabanoid receptors inside of each and everyone of us.

:v:

9 Likes

I have to update my last paragraph about rso being the purest way of consuming cannabanoids.
I believe @todd.mccormick has a great way of making oil in it’s original acidic form which I want to make for myself, and my parents. I believe he said he soaks the flowers in Hemp Seed oil for 5-7 days then straining it in cheese cloth? I’ll have to do a little digging to find the recipe. I think I read it back in 2019?
It will help preserve all the original terps in your flower.

2 Likes

So you are running your main nutes at 3/4 strength, and you are running all the add ons at 1/2 strength. What is the resevoir size on your RDWC setup ? Or is it just DWC? Looks great!

1 Like

I end up running 12 gallons of nutes each week and top off 1-2 gallons a day depending which stage of growth I’m in. My base is running 3/4 strength, but I also use Sensi Cal-Mag that makes up for the other 1/4 or more depending on strain.
All my addons are half strength, except Bud Ignitor, and Overdrive. Those I run the full 2ml/L suggested strength @sssportsmfg.
I will be doing a tent of just DWC, not RDWC. But will feed the same.

1 Like

@Tygrow78

Wow I am really envious of your setup. Where did you get CBD durban Seeds from? I’ve only been able to find Durban Poison. I need good sativa because of ADD.

1 Like

Thanks Ty MUCH appreciated!

2 Likes

Ty where did you get the heavy vinyl coated mesh cloth?

2 Likes

True North Seedbank is where I got the CBDurban seeds @hoosier_grower. Thanks for the compliment my friend! It was a piece by piece build.

1 Like

Sorry for the late reply @sssportsmfg. Are you talking about the green vinyl fencing I train my plants to?
If so its 4’ vinyl fencing from Home Depot, or Lowe’s. It’s a thin guage wire fencing that bends fairly easy.

2 Likes

Yes that is what I was talking about the green vinyl coated mesh… That is all any fencing made of metal is is mesh cloth, they just call it fence lol. Thanks a bunch…it actually looks heavier than the normal square green mesh fencing that I have seen. will have to check it out as I am thinking about doing the whole scrog thing and see if my yield is better.

1 Like

It’s the 1"x2" size squares. That gives me plenty of room to get my branches safely through the gaps.

2 Likes

Thanks again! Tomorrow is trot down to the depot and get some. I have had a bag of little plastic tie downs that I got somewhere have had them for a couple of years, got them for tying the tops down to a nylon mesh…but never used them, they snap together and you can just open them and reuse. They should work great with that fencing!

2 Likes

If you’re taking 3 capsules a day how long does your batch last?

1 Like

They are very small doses @hoosier_grower . Daytime doses are the size of a long grain piece of rice. Then my bedtime doses are a 1/3 of a very small #4 capsule. I have enough of both strains to last through the next year. I do share with others that are in need of this medicine. But a little goes a long way.
I keep on collecting more and more oil from each grow and just keep it sealed in a cool, dry, dark safe.
The shelf life is year’s in that condition.
It stores better and longer than flower.

I’m constantly on Leafly looking for $50 oz deals of flower at dispensaries, to make into oil. I like to have a variety of strains to consume.

It is my favorite way to experience cannabis. I can eat a 150mg of dispensary edibles and not feel a thing. It’s depressing!
But wholy shit I take a couple doses of 2 different strains and I’m toasted!
Last week I got the freaking giggles till my stomach was on fire and I was crying. My girl got a hell of a kick out of that.
Not just my oil, even when I buy grams of rso from the store, the experience is always 10X more potent than standard industry edibles.
So I have to say the medicinal effects have to be just as outstanding! :+1::+1:

1 Like

Teach me these ways!!! Lol

1 Like