LED/T5 Maui Wowie Hydro perpetual grow

Thanks brother!!

3 Likes

Fimming is awesome! Nice @tdubwilly does a wicked fimming job. I havent fimmed yet. Because i clone so much i just take cuts and that works for me.

4 Likes

I love cloning so much now! I totally get your addiction to it @PreyBird1. If I dont use my cuttings I give them to a few fellow growers around my area. I’ll end up Fimming that Maui Wowie 1 more time. Probably after I start some lst in a couple more days.
:v:

2 Likes

Day 50 Flower

Everything’s looking great! My buds are really stacking on some weight now! My White SuperSkunk is looking really good. Lots of cloudy trichomes already, so I’m probably going to harvest that plant b4 doing my flush and darkness. I don’t prefer alot of amber trichomes on my buds. I prefer to harvest at 80% cloudy and no more than 20% amber. We’ll see how this plays out?
This is my final lineup of nutes’s.
Sensi Bloom 2ml/L, Sensi Cal-mag. 5ml/L, Bud Candy 1ml/L, Overdrive 2ml/L, Sensizym 1ml/L, Rhino Skin 1ml/L.
Daytime temps are running 79-82f, nighttime 69-71f, Rh 50-55%, h20 temps 65-66f, Ph, 5.7-6.0, Ec 1.5, vpd 1.36.
Lights on 10:25/off 13:35

I do a HST technique to all my branches and try and give them some good knuckles to support the weight of my buds. Then I dont have to set up a 2nd trellis net. I’ve also read that it can increase you cannabinoid content?

Multiple sites on this 1.

Super frosty buds that stank something amazing!!:nose::+1:
The CBD Durban Poison is not what I expected it to smell like @devjyarn. The description was somewhere along the lines of black liquouish. What kind of terpene profile do your cured CBDurban buds have?

My UVA/UVB bulbs I’ve been running since last year, and still swear by there benefits! My cured buds are always super frosty!
My final lineup of nutes’s.

My Veg tent is coming along. I’m running an 18/6 light schedule. I started some lst to my Maui Wowie plant today. I’ve been LST my clones all along. I should have put my clones in buckets sooner because they are lagging behind my other plant. I’ll make it work tho. Constant problem solving makes growing so much fun for me. I always love a challenge, and I strive for perfection.

My Maui Wowie plant!!

CBD Durban Poison clones

5 Likes

I never had any pheno that smelled like licorice. My winner smells very floral and earthy. Yours are looking great!

2 Likes

@Tygrow78 @devjyarn I’ve never done DWC. Im almost done building another light and im setting up my DWC system on thursday. Im just starting with a 4 bucket 3 gallons each grow bucket. with a 5 gallon resivoir. I am not sure on 2 things.

1. When you put the plant into the system. Where is your water level? In relation to the net pot? Is it on the plants roots or just above where the bubbles are popping right on the roots?
  2. And should i have a top watering halo while roots develop or is it needed. I have had this system for a year and i want to use it. Im ready to dabble in the hydro.

Also are 3 gallon buckets big enough? I have been thinking i should have just gone 5 gallon buckets.

2 Likes

I have the water level just below the net, with bubbles popping up to the roots. If you are pulling them out of an aero cloner, put a layer of rocks on the bottom of the pot, swirl the plant around to loop the roots in the cup, then hold the plant upright while you fill with rocks to support the stem. If I do that, I run the water level up to the level of the roots, higher than the bottom of the net.

Using the halo or top watering is a good idea if you’re planting bare-root. If it’s in a rooting plug and the surface bubbles are hitting the roots, you should be ok to let it ride right into veg.

3 gallons will be small, but doable. I’d recommend a larger reservoir if you can.

3 Likes

I would definitely go with a larger buckets than 3 gallons @PreyBird1. I use 3 gallon buckets in my Veg tent, but my roots would overgrow those buckets after a few weeks in flower. I’d suggest 5g min. @devjyarn did a great job explaining things for ya. I think you’ll really enjoy dwc brother!

2 Likes

Day 56 Flower

I started flushing my plants yesterday with 2ml/L Flawless Finish. I think I overshot my peak terpene profile by a few days. My SuperSkunk lost its sweet smell and has gone a little more of a musky skunk smell. It stinks something good tho!!!
My left CBD Durban Poison buds have a nice sweet floweral smell going on that’s very strong when I put my nose to them! But my right plant lost some of it’s sweetness and stank. It doesn’t smell as strong when I put my nose to the buds anymore. Not like the other one…
I have to find a median for all my plants and really watch my trichomes closely.

I’m going to keep running my lights for 2 more days on 10/ off14 before I go lights out for 24 hrs. Then I’ll drain my system and go roots dry for 12 hrs before I chop them. From what I read it can stress your plants into giving that last bit of resin production. I’m also keeping my h20 at 64-65f for the same purpose. Haven’t done a side by side to test it out yet.

5 Likes

Very nice, @Tygrow78.

How do you keep your water temps in the mid 60s?

1 Like

I had a cheaper water cooler that I was using up until my last grow @jktavernier that made it easy to keep my h20 temps at a steady level. Now I’ve gone back to the old school 20oz frozen h20 bottles.

I have to switch the bottles out every couple hrs to keep my temps down. If I didn’t have the insulating bubble wrap around my buckets, it would be impossible.

4 Likes

I chopped my ladies last night and I am very impressed with my harvest! This was my 1st run with the T5s running all of Bloom. I didn’t add my new light till the last 2 weeks, so we’ll see what my clones and Maui Wowie plant produce for me…

These are pics of my White SuperSkunk buds. The trichs are a little too amber for my liking.
When I get my new phone I can start uploading trichome pics again.

These were all pics of some of my CBD Durban Poison buds! I’m really loving the smell of these buds!! :relaxed::relaxed:
I can’t wait to get them dried and extract all their medicine!
I’m expecting at least 300+ grams? My best weight in a run was my NL clones and that was 268g. I’m going to keep 28g of CBD flower but extract the rest. I’ll have 2 more harvest of CBDurban this year to keep.

My clones are doing great. So is my Maui Wowie plant, and it’s outgrowing my tent. They’ll be in the flower tent in 1 week.

These pics were a few days ago.

I’ll end up flipping these plants to flower a day before I put them in my flower tent.

This is 1 of my pepper plants I started at the same time. The pic is a couple days old. I’ll throw a new 1 up soon with the other new peppers that have started growing.

5 Likes

Wow man! Looks amazing good job! Keep up the great work! One of these days I’ll hopefully have stuff that looks half as good as that stuff. Again wow :clap: :clap: :clap: :+1::+1::fire::fire:

1 Like

Thank you so much my friend!!

1 Like

Very nice and frosty. I love T5 and led. I have a system or systems i use. I go T5 full spec.

I use this for seedlings and clones. Then i switch to a sunblaster t5 5x bulb unit with these same full spec bulbs. Then i either go to quantum boards at 4000k or to another T5 12 bulb unit. Or to my full spec quantum board light or a HPS. I like to play with the different types lights at different stages of growth. I have so many different lights to play with and it’s quite fun. And changing the lights is what gives me the best explosive growth.

2 Likes

I want to get some different bulbs for my T5s and play around like you said @PreyBird1. I’m going to grab so led bulbs next.

Growershouse has an insane selection of leds. But they have some really cheap ones also that kick ass also. I love these lights because there low watts.
These ones.

These ones are kick ass also.

1 Like

Its all about the UV for me.

This is my seedling and areponic cloning light a single T5.

2 Likes

Congrats on the harvest. Outmotherfreakinstanding

1 Like

My lines are half the weight to start with and I’ve been keeping my temps between 68-70f and the Rh 50-55%. Monday I’ll drop my Rh down to stay below 45-50% for the rest of my dry. Really loving the terp profile on my CBDurban buds!

I’m running out of room in my little tent. Just a few more days till they move.

I’m really excited for my Maui Wowie plant. It’s from ilgm and supposed to be a fruity pineapple scent and flavor and very energetic. It’s definitely a tall lanky plant! Going to fun to scrogg and wrap around my screen.
My clones. I should have put them in their buckets sooner. Lesson learned.

Running my normal Veg advanced nutrients lineup with these plants. Started Bud Ignitor last week in Veg.

3 Likes