LED/T5 Maui Wowie Hydro perpetual grow

I pulled my White SuperSkunk buds down after 7 days of drying. The 1st 4 days were at 68-70f and Rh of 50-55%. The last 3 days I dropped my Rh down to 45-50%.
My buds smell really skunky with a hint of a mocha musky smell. I lost the sweet smell when I let my trichomes go too amber. I’m all for cloudy trichs with very little or no amber.
I ended up pulling 134 grams dry, and mostly trimmed buds. Didn’t weigh the trim and kiffed it all in my bin.

!
!
This was a bud before taking it off the stem. I didn’t have any larf or loose buds. They’re all rock hard! Loving the new light!!

My kiff from trimming. Just topped a bowl of my northern lights with some and I’m feeling good!!:woozy_face: My room smells nice and skunky! I can’t wait for 3 weeks to go by so I smoke my flower. I haven’t had some good skunky bud in a while!!
I have to give props to SunGodMedicinals.com for their strain of White SuperSkunk. They are a local Oregon cannabis company. I get my mom’s and cat’s CBD oil from them also. Their products are in tons of OR dispensaries and they also sell flower and clones. It cost me $39.

I’m going to pick back up tonight and take down my CBDurban buds and make some oil. I’ll probably keep about 28 grams of flower but extract the rest. It’s going to be my medicine I take every day for the foreseeable future. That’s why I’m running this strain 3 times.

4 Likes

Hi Tygrow78,

Keep us informed how it goes as a fellow diabetic I have been pushing to reach the famed 6.8 A1C so I will be curious .

Good Luck

1 Like

I pulled down the rest of my buds and ended up trimming and jarring 40 grams of CBDurban. I’ve got 180 grams that I’m going to decarb later today and make my oil. I need to get my tent cleaned out and my system disinfected. I run 10 gallons of diluted h202 in my buckets for 24 hrs to clean out any nute buildup.

Just a few shots of my choice buds of CBD Durban Poison. Then the 2 jars I’m going to cure and smoke. The buds I kept have this really sweet almost lemon floweral smell to them. I love it! It’s amazing!
Thanks again for helping me find this strain @devjyarn! I really appreciate it brother!!

5 Likes

My father had diabetis his whole life. And the one thing that finally workedbfor his A1c was. toujeo it got his a1c fromm 11 to 6.8 in 3 months. I could not believe it and his eyes stop degenerating and so no more steriod shots in the eyes he was doing very well.

2 Likes

Bro very nice work. I would smoke that right now! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes::100::100::boom:

1 Like

Thanks bro! Each time keeps getting a little bit better for me @PreyBird1. I pulled 354 grams out of this grow. A little over 4 oz a plant.
I do take toujeo, or lantus depending on where you get it. Between taking whole plant cannabis extract for 15 months, and Black Seed oil aka Nigella Sativa Oil we’ve been able to lower my dose from 30 units a day to just 5. But I cant go without it. I’ve tried and my BGs get too high. I’ve been doing all this with my doctor following along. We do a test called C-Peptid that measures insulin production in the Pancreas and at the onset of my diabetes it measured .94 which is low side of normal. 5 years later after daily insulin injections it actually measured 1.19 in May.
I’m hoping to see that number go even higher with the introduction of CBD and THCV into my cannabinoid therapy. I’m following the research of some publications I’ve read on the Center for Cannabinoid Therapeutics website, or CCT. Among other places and documentaries I’ve read how those 2 cannabinoids are the best to help with the management of type 2 diabetes. The CBD Durban Poison is supposed to be a 1:1 8% thc to 8% CBD. I’ll be taking a sample of my extract to Green Leaf Labs in Portland to do a detailed cannabinoid analysis for me. Then we’ll see the real #s.

1 Like

My next high thcv strain I’m going to run is Jack The Ripper. I just order some of the original Reg seeds from TGA Subcool the Dank. I couldn’t pass up his famous Cannabis Cup winner Vortex strain also. I grabbed 5 Reg seeds of each strain. It’ll be my first grow when I Veg all my plants in Rockwool while I clone each plant and sex them. After I get my ladies I’ll drop them in buckets and start growing them DWC.
Something new, different, and more challenging!

1 Like

I made my oil last night and ended up getting a little over 26 grams out of the 180 grams of untrimmed CBDurban. I started out by decarbing my flower in four 1/2 gallon mason jars. I like to keep everything sealed to hold my Terps in. Every part of my process I try and keep my temps as low as possible. I decarb at 240f for 34 mins.

I let it cool for 24 hrs then pop my seals to release any pressure.
I put all my bud whole in my bowl and wet it with my 190 proof organic cane ethonal that’s been in the freezer all week.
Alot of people like to grind their flower and I don’t do that. The only time I want to disturb my trichomes is when I’m washing my buds. So it’s all done by hand in the bowl. It’s time consuming and very cold. That’s why I put a thin glove on under my rubber gloves.

Now is when I get in with my hand to that freezing cold bowl of flower and etoh.

After my 1st wash
Then I added more etoh and poured everything in my muslin bag and wrung it out till my arm’s were tired.

I filter it through a coffee filter then cook it off.

I never let my temps go above 200f again during this process to try and retain as many of my Terps as possible.

I filled a few smaller syringes with a couple grams and then the leftover I kept out in a spoon from my spatula after scraping the pan.

I scooped a little up in 0 size capsule. I’m really excited to start taking this every day. 26 grams at the dispensary would run me around $40 a gram and around $1000 total. I get why it’s so expensive tho. It’s alot of work to make it right and the solvent isn’t cheap. I pay $140 for a gallon of the stuff. But I’m still saving myself alot of money!!!

So my tent and system is cleaned and ready to go. When the lights come on tonight, my plants go in the flower tent.

I have a little damage to some leaves from my light, because I didn’t get them out of my small tent in time. I need my new tent to avoid this, plus Ill put 2 old lights from my flower tent in there.
:v:

3 Likes

Just a little Cannabis education.

5 Likes

This is cool thanks for posting it.

2 Likes

@Tygrow78, where did you get that info sheet(s)?

1 Like

I bought it from the site www.permachart.com. They have tons of different charts to choose from @jktavernier.

Thank you :+1:t2:

1 Like

I’m on Day 22 Flower of my CBDurban clones and Maui Wowie. Everything’s going good but I’ve got a slight phosphorus deficiency going on with my clones. I’ve got quite a few purple stems. My Maui Wowie plant doesn’t have any issues going on.
I took the time to take the ballast and dimmer switch for my SP3000 out of my tent over the weekend and my temps haven’t gone above 80f in my tent, as long as my Rh stays above 50%.
I’m running Connoisseur Bloom 3ml/L, Sensi Cal-mag 1ml/L, B52 1ml/L, Voodo Juice 1ml/L, Bud Candy 1ml/L, Big Bud 1ml/L, Nirvana 1ml/L, Sensizym 1ml/L, Rhino Skin 1ml/L.
Daytime temps 78-80f, nighttime temps 67-69f, rh 50-55%, h20 temps 67-68f, ph 5.7-6.0, Ec 1.7. Lights on 11:45/12:15.

I had lots of fun scrogging my Maui Wowie plant!! I did some crazy 90 degree turns and lots of hst.

I’m thinking about 10 days passed between these pics.

!

I took my clones a little later than I was planning again, but it’s all good. They’ll reveg like always.

A couple of my pepper plants that I started inside the same time as my CBDurban seeds. The peppers taste amazing!

4 Likes

@Tygrow78, everything is looking great. Love the peppers.

1 Like

Day 35 flower

My Maui Wowie plant is doing great! But I should have picked different clones to grow out. These ones were a little small when I flipped them to flower. So I’m not excepting a really great yield from them. My CBDurban clones of my clones only produced 6 or 7 roots, so I’m just running Maui Wowie next. Those clones are kicking ass!
I’m running the same lineup as last time. Connoisseur Bloom 3ml/L, Sensi Cal-mag 1ml/L, B52 1ml/L, Voodoo Juice 1ml/L, Bud Candy 1ml/L, Big Bud 1ml/L, Nirvana 1ml/L, Sensizym 1ml/L, Rhino Skin 1ml/L.
Daytime temps have been running 78-80f, nighttime 68-70f, Rh 50-55%, VPD 1.34, H20 temps 67-68f, ph drift 5.7-6.1, Ec 2.7.

These picks are 7 days ago.

Today

!

My Maui Wowie clones took off as soon as those roots hit the h20. I’m going to put them in their baskets tomorrow morning as soon as I get my nutes’s in the mail.

km

4 Likes

How did you obtain all this knowledge? I am following you, @PreyBird1 , @oldguy and @Ladithief . You guys make me feel like I’m no where near on point. Just poor kid trying. Lol.

I want to be the best I can be. I want to be the best in my area. I am alone contractoring during the day, botanist and husky wrangler at night. I am starting to lose alot of sleep. Lol.

4 Likes

@Slym3r we all learned it over time. And i read a lotttt about just growing cannabis. And coming here really helps :smiley:. I dont have children and i dont have a lot of people i call friends so i have a lot of me time. I have grown vegetables my whole life so for 37 yrs. And i have always loved growing weed since 1996. I didnt really get serious like i am now until my guy left me hanging without any weed for 2 months. And thats all it took. And i think oldguy has been growing longer than ive been alive! You either get better or you dont.

4 Likes

Very nice roots amazing how long they get huh. Im always amazed when there 2 foot roots.

2 Likes

Thank you, @Slym3r! Exactly what @PreyBird1 said, I read alot and have been growing vegetables for over 20 years. I really studied up on dwc and hydro before going into it. It was challenging at 1st, I wont lie. I cursed myself for not sticking with soil grows like in the past. But I kept with it, and had some guidance from @devjyarn, and a bunch of other grow journals that I followed. I’m also very detail oriented and precise with everything I do, and always strive to do the best I can. I also don’t have kids and my girlfriend has her own place so I have alot of time on my hands to focus on my plants, when I’m not working 12 hr noc shifts.

3 Likes