LED/T5 Maui Wowie Hydro perpetual grow

Your exactly right @PreyBird1 about how some strains clone better than others. But I’m not sure if I wasnt successful with my CBDurban because they were clones of clones? I know you’ve cloned multiple generations, so idk. It might have been where I took my clones from. That was the bottom older growth. I love the permaclone collars!! They’re so much better than the cheap neoprene collars.

1 Like

Reading and learning from the big boys/girls… yes women can grow insanely well weed also…they are wired different so there attention to detail can be your biggest lesson…never count them out…lol…and a lot of trial and error… secret… never change too much as it makes it impossible to tell what does and doesn’t work…it’s that simple… and the most important… do NOT over think the grow…you will put your self in a very dark corner that sometimes not even the best mentors can get you out of…this is all based on my experiences…

3 Likes

Bang you hit it there. Lower growth is crap and you get a lower growth clone. You want the tops or the shoots right below the tops. The main shoot it the best. Armpit clones suck and the lower you go the worse you will get.

2 Likes

Interesting fact sheet, thank you for sharing and posting!

2 Likes

Day 42 Flower

So I’m rounding the corner on these ladies and they’re coming along. I changed my nutes this week. I’m running 3ml/L Connoisseur Bloom, 1ml/L Sensi Cal-mag, 1ml/L Bud Candy, 2ml/L Overdrive, 1ml/L Nirvana, 1ml/L Sensizym, 1ml/L Rhino Skin. My lights are on 10:40/ of 13:20 and still decreasing daylight by 5 mins every other day.
Daytime temps 79-81f, nighttime 68-70f, Rh 50-55%, VPD 1.4, H20 temp 67-68f, Ph 5.7-6.0, Ec 2.5.

I got my clones in their lids last week and they’re doing pretty good. I didn’t top feed enough the 1st couple days, and 1 of my plants is really showing it. But all my new growth is looking good.

!

4 Likes

Those are @Packee roots…lol…on a clone…

3 Likes

Lol I am uber baked…lol

3 Likes

Day 49 Flower

My CBD Durban buds are getting close and have about 7 more days till their done. The Maui Wowie is closer to 14 days till it’s ready to be chopped. My buds are really starting to stack on some weight, but are still standing strong and tall without a net. For now… I put lots of HST knuckles as always to stiffen my stems and I’ve also read it can stress extra cannabinoid production into our flowers.:thinking:

I’m still running Connoisseur Bloom 3ml/L, Sensi Cal-mag 1ml/L, Bud Candy 1ml/L, Overdrive 2ml/L, Sensizym 1ml/L, Rhino Skin 1ml/L. I dropped my Nirvana Nute this week. Next week I’ll drop my base to 2ml/L.
Daytime temps have been running 79-81f, nighttime 68-69f, Rh 50-55%, VPD 1.5, H20 temp 66-67f, ph 5.7-6.0, Ec 2.3.

This is going to be a monster of a Bud. It’s still got 2 more weeks to fatten up!!

My clones have bounced back from their slight phosphorus deficiency they got after transplant. The day I noticed it I swapped out their Nutes’s and increased my base. They’ve taken off and are really growing some nice roots and foliage.
My lineup is Connoisseur Grow 3ml/L, Sensi Cal-mag 1ml/L, B52 1ml/L, Voodo Juice 1ml/L, Piranha 1ml/L, Tarantula 1ml/L, Bud Candy 1ml/L, Sensizym 1ml/L, Rhino Skin 1ml/L.
Daytime temps 75-77f, nighttime 68-70f, Rh 50-55%, H20 temps 68-69f, Ph 6.0-6.2, Ec 2.6.

Next week I’ll give my roots a good flushing to get the little Nute buildup off, and then start running my Bloom lineup. I’ll just keep watching my plants grow, and when they’re the right size I’ll flip my lights to 12/12. My guess is 10 more days?

6 Likes

Overall, would you recommend these two strains? They are in my cart, but I haven’t checked out yet. I’ve also got gorilla glue in there too.

2 Likes

The Maui Wowie is a great strain and I’m really looking forward to it @thedreamer. The CBDurban is a good relaxing smoke but I got this strain mostly to make oil with for medicinal purposes.

1 Like

That is why I was wanting it. I have a family friend that has bad arthritis and I wanted to give them some oil to help out.

1 Like

Yes I would highly recommend it then @thedreamer.

Day 57 Flower

My CBDurban plants are getting chopped tomorrow night when my lights come back on. My Maui Wowie plant still has about 10 more days to go till all my trichomes are nice and cloudy. Some of my branches are sagging from the weight of their tops. But they should be fine till they get chopped. If anything its helped open up my lower growth to more light.

I flipped my lights on my clones today so it’s Day 1 flower for these ladies. Got my new tent and second light up over my plants. I’m very happy with their growth and roots! But I should have planted my clones deeper in their net pots so the roots won’t be so exposed when I LST them.

6 Likes

@Tygrow78 amazing! plants definitely putting up weights & look at those roots! I’ve got couple DWC gallons sitting in my outdoor shed waiting to be experimented soon, but I still need to harvest my current grow & waiting for new seeds to arrive :laughing:

3 Likes

Thanks my friend! Pull those buckets out and give them a try. Dwc is awesome. It takes a couple runs to dial things in, but it’ll be worth it! :v:

3 Likes

Day 7 Flower

My Maui Wowie clones are doing great and really starting to stretch. I’m about a week out before I harvest my last plant in my flower tent and can move these over there. I’ve started some HST to keep my canopy as even as I can.

Daytime temps 77-79f, nighttime 66-68f, Rh 50-55%, H20 temps 66-70f, Ph 5.9-6.2, Ec 2.4. 12/12 Lights on.
Connoisseur Bloom 3ml/L, Sensi cal-mag 1ml/L, Voodo Juice 1ml/L, Piranha 1ml/L, Tarantula 1ml/L, Bud Candy 1ml/L, Bud Ignitor 2ml/L, Sensizym 1ml/L, Rhino Skin 1ml/L.
I start feeding my plants Bud Ignitor 2ml/L my last week in Veg before switching my light schedule and Nutes’s. It’s secret ingredient is the hormone Gibberellic acid. It’s what’s supposed to speed up the initial pistil development in our plants. I want my plants preloaded with Gibberellic acid before I actually flip my lights over to flower.

Next week when I move these plants over I’ll give my roots a good flushing and get any nutrient residual off of them. Then they’ll be a nice shiny pearl white.

4 Likes

O
M
F
G

Dude… I am totally with you here. I had been daydreaming and thinking about it for years and I always wondered what that grow would look like. I finally caught up to this post and wouldn’t you know it… There it is! The stuff of dreams I tell ya. Very nice lab for building the perfect Beast.

2 Likes

I have lots of fun with my little dwc perpetual setup @truthhound. Just about got things dialed in. The next round will be a good one with 2 Reg Durban Poison plants, and a Humboldt Seed Company OG Kush plant.

4 Likes

Day 13 Flower

These ladies are looking good! They all started throwing pistils a few days ago and are really stretching fast now! Still doing HST on all of them. 3 more day’s till I can get them in my flower tent, and then 1 more day till I start my Scrog. I’ve never started past day 14 before, but it’s a slow bloomer. I’m at day 70 on my Maui Wowie plant.

I’m running Connoisseur Bloom 3ml/L, Sensi cal-mag 1ml/L, Voodo Juice 1ml/L, Piranha 1ml/L, Tarantula 1ml/L, Bud Candy 1ml/L, Big Bud 1ml/L, Bud Ignitor 2ml/L, Sensizym 1ml/L, Rhino Skin 1ml/L.
Daytime temps 78-81f, nighttime 66-68f, Rh 50-55%, H20 temps 67-69f, Ph 5.7-6.0, Ec 2.7.

5 Likes

I chopped my Maui Wowie plant this morning and was blown away at all the fat colas I got!! I ended up running her 75 days. The longest I’ve ran a plant in dwc. Chopped her when her trichomes were 90% cloudy, 10% clear. There’s a couple amber here and there…

My progression from day 14 flower when I started scrogging her.

I did some crazy 90 degree turns when I fastened down my branches. It was fun. Now I’ve got 3 of these plants to scrogg tomorrow.

This morning before her chop. 1 cola finally wouldn’t stand any longer. Even with the fastener I used.

2 of my monster buds! They smell amazing, like lemon, pineapple, tropics! Freaking outstanding!!! :lemon::pineapple::coconut:

Now I’m frantically working to get my flower tent and dwc system disinfected so I can get my clones in there and hang my buds in my Veg tent. 1 hour is the longest I like to leave my buds stacked times a ticken…

6 Likes