Legalization of Cannabis in Ecuador

Hi friends at GrowersNetwork.

A week ago, the vice ministry of agriculture of Ecuador spoke about the regulations of Medical Cannabis and Industrial Hemp in Ecuador (Check the video in spanish: Yo Soy CRIC - Ecuador: regulación del Cannabis Medicinal y Cáñamo Industrial. | Facebook).

It is a shame that activists, artisanal cultivators, users and patients weren’t included in the discussions about the regulation. We are pushing through social networks and this week we will be delivering a letter to the Ministry so we can discuss further the regulation.

I will be very thankful with every one of you who can share in your social networks or sign our petition:

Thanks again for your time!

Paul.

5 Likes

Signed! :nerd_face:

3 Likes

Ditto :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Thanks a lot! Please share the link in your social networks. :+1::grin::+1:

3 Likes

@piper super! Please help spreading the word!

Be safe! :mask::mask::mask:

4 Likes

¡We did it! The Ministry of Agriculture called us for a meeting. Tomorrow we’ll ask for the draft of the regulations for amendments and will present them next week to the Ministry.
Thanks for all your support friends. We are walking in the righ path.

Greetings!

5 Likes

Congratulations @paulcoyote! Keep up the good fight my friend! :sun_with_face:

5 Likes

Signed your petition brother! Keep up the good work!!! :+1::+1:

5 Likes

Thanks @kapouic!

Be safe!

3 Likes

Thanks @Tygrow78!

I’ll keep updated, greetings! :mask:

3 Likes

Signed and started sharing to social. Lets overgrow. Nice work @paulcoyote.

6 Likes

Thanks @chrisj, we are going for the draft of the regulation!

4 Likes

Pleasure and Love it. Please make direct contact with them, Soft Secrets America Latina. I am sure they will help you bring more awareness to your efforts.

4 Likes

Hi Friends @ GrowersNetwork.

An update: the Ministry of Agriculture promised to send to the Cannabis Federation the draft of the regulation to be observed by us. Hopefully this will come in tuesday 9th.

Fingers crossed!

1 Like

Hi again friends:

I’ve been kind of busy struggling with politicians and partners of the regulation.

Finally, this Wednesday, July 1st., the Ministry of Agriculture has summoned us to a 2 hour discussion about the regulation of the Medical Cannabis and Industrial hemp in Ecuador. Hopefully (hopefully!), they will listen to us. At least, one of the vice-ministry, changed their speech and now it is not marihuana, just cannabis.

Fingers crossed!

¡Hasta la victoria siembre!

1 Like

I wonder how this story ends. I’m planning to visit Ecuador soon. As soon as Covid ends. And I want to know if it’s safe for me to use medical marijuana in this country. It’s very easy for me to get medical marijuana while I’m in the NYC. I just buy it from New York Medical Marijuana Dispensary & Delivery, and they actually deliver this stuff right to my front door. But how it goes in the Ecuador right now? It’s very important for me - if the medical marijuana still is forbidden in Ecuador, I will ask the doctor for an alternative.

2 Likes

Hi @stevehayes!

It is supposed everything to be ready in October regarding CULTIVATION. Medicinal uses and how police and authorities will deal with users, is another discussion with no deadline on sight. So, if you are a medicinal user and want to travel, will be a good idea to get a certification.

Regards from Ecuador,

2 Likes

I would love to get a positive answer. Cannabis is a really helpful plant. I just love this plant. I love to smoke it and I love to get products made from it. Recently I have used https://www.ctfocbdonline.com/ to get a lot of products made from Cannabis, I love to use them because these products are really helpful. I saw those products like shapoos and CBD oils are more effective compared to simple products. Legalizing the Cannabis plant will be a really awesome thing. I will be able to buy those products everywhere, not only in Europe or US.

1 Like

And it is done!

Yesterday, the Ministry of Agriculture published the regulations for the Cannabis Industry in Ecuador. In short:

• Only companies (private, public or social) are allowed to ask for a license. No private persons.
  • Licenses are non-transferable.
  • 7 types of licenses: 1) import of seeds and plants 2) production of seeds and plants 3) planting of hemp 4) planting of hemp for industrial uses 5) processing 6) breeding, germplasm and research 7) buying of cannabis for export.
  • 2 hectares in greenhouse for medical minimun, 5 open air, implemented in 5 years.

The Ministry didn’t matter about Social Organization or Cooperatives.

If you want to read the regulation (spanish only), please follow:

Greetings from Ecuador, the best weed in the world!

4 Likes

Mucha suerte desde España :muscle:

3 Likes