Let’s talk Rosin and E-Liquid

During my research I learned that decarbing your rosin can activate a couple extra %. It comes with the danger of burning rosin and decreasing strength, but I strive to create the best product possible and am willing to take these risks.

For press 2, so far I have been following these guidelines: How to make Solventless Cartridges - Lowtemp Industries - YouTube

4 Likes

@greenmagic3 I use a digital stirring heating plate to better control heat consistently. I use the magnet stirring because of disabilities. Just easier for me!

Vape equipment setup.

Press setup

10 Likes

Decarb setup to decarb rosin on press.

10 Likes

Nice setup! Thanks for all the great info! @nacho151

2 Likes

Good thread… Thanks for starting this. Lol

5 Likes

I’m thinking a thread for pressing strain, temperature and yield on this forum would be great. I’m not sure many would participate. I but it would help to see how other’s apply heat and the results they get!

10 Likes

@nacho151 I went with the stirring plate in prep to make carts. Works great for mixing liquidizer with rosin. My ratios however, well they didn’t work so well. It solidified in my carts. Ill be watching for someone to show me how to do it.

6 Likes

@boozer check out 760glass channel on YouTube. I flip the cooking vessel over for 3 minutes before I fill the carts if it will move towards the other end it should be good if not needs more e-juice. I also wait at least an hour to try to vape so it will soak into the coil.

6 Likes

Keep going guys you’re gonna dump it down enough to where I can do it. :+1:t3::v:t3:😶‍🌫

7 Likes

Your input would be very helpful! Lol! My first vape cart was a little on the watery side. 2nd cart and all since was great!

5 Likes

I used to buy a lot of vape carts. And they always tasted so good and they’re also different. And flower is also very different flavors but for me, live Rozen or whatever you wanna call it pressing the weed gives away more intense and lasting buzz but I don’t notice that big of a difference in flavor between strain to strain and I’ve never had it taste as good as the Vape carts I used to buy. So all that crap being said the liquid you guys are adding are flavors also correct?… BaHahaha damn I’m long-winded. :joy::rofl::rofl:😶‍🌫

6 Likes

Liquid terpine, they add the flavor. I try not to use any with vegetable glycerin.

6 Likes

From what I understood to achieve real tasty rosin we either have 2 options:

1. Pressing most supreme quality buds that have been harvested 1-2 days before press.

2. Adding terpenes.

3 Likes

I do not use cartridges. All of the PG & VG people are using has been approved for ingestion but has not been approved for turning into an aerosol and inhaling. I wrote to one of the major terpene suppliers when I was just getting into concentrates/deciding on route of making my own. I asked them about the Food & Drug Administration’s approval (US based) for it as an aerosol and for inhalation. I noted that the info they provided on their site cited the FDA approval for ingestion but that I found nothing about inhalation. I asked if they were stating it was approved for inhalation use. Their response was one sentence. “We suggest you follow FDA guidelines”.

That said, (written), I only decarb for edibles, whether flower or rosin. The temperature achieved when I use an e-rig, e-nail, Terp pen, PAX or other device performs an instant decarboxylation (THCA to THC) without enough time or temp exposure to continue conversion to CBN.

10 Likes

Thanks for sharing your experience. I found the same info and sadly the tobacco industry will try everything to delay and hide these researches.

If we compare the total use of vaporisers compared to the amount of accidents I do not find this worrying. In almost all cases where vaping has been said to be the biggest factor to creating disease, there have been many different factors that I would weigh just as high as vaporising.

I am not a scientist but just following my stoic beliefs

4 Likes

here is some that I’ve researched to be the safest
And @happilyretired
they have dozens of flavors. Hell they sell flavor packs. Haha.

7 Likes

Nice! The 24k gold terpene juice I got is similar, sadly I found that only adding the couple drops of terpene juice does not get me the thin consistency I need for my vape to be able to vaporise the rosin-liquid.

Currently out of cartridges but I am expecting to receive 15 new ones this week and will keep posting updates here.

4 Likes

Nice very nice. I love it keep posting. Share it all. Nothing quite like experience and by the looks of your set up you’ve been doing it for a minute. Very nice thanks for sharing…:+1:t3::v:t3:😶‍🌫

6 Likes

Nice man. I always learn so much chatting with you. I havent been over at lems nw47 for a minute. Been wayy to busy at work. Snow tire season and the idiots are running and sliding into the store!

6 Likes

Yes @bullfrog420 keep posting. Your lab looks um well shit man I’m jelly. Tell me more about the oil you press at 220. Is this the stuff I can’t get off the parchment paper? EDUCATE ME PLEASE. okay sorry for shouting.

6 Likes