Lets talk about our pets

Just throwing this out there in case anyone else is like me. Between the general dust, and having 2 dogs I run this 24/7 just to help clean take some of the crap out of the air.

I change the filter about once a month and it’s filthy by then. 20 dollar fan, duck tape and a 20x20 filter.

11 Likes

Awesome boX fan hack @dunbar

6 Likes

A night of smoking and Google had me looking at air cleaners in general. I came across this video and figured what the hell. My puppy puts off a lot of hair and dander.

14 Likes

Great looking pup

7 Likes

You can see it in that face, and what beautiful colorings.

We had an overnight guest last night, a racing pigeon. It was hanging around our farm for the last couple days and due to its colorful tags we could see it was a racing pigeon. Finally my partner caught him and we managed to find the owner through the tags. Sweet bird, rested and recovered and onto its next big race.

10 Likes

6 Likes

Cleo saying good morning, i want a carrot. She is one of our oldest donkey here, over 35 years. And she loves cannabis, not smoking or growing,just eating the leaves.

15 Likes

What is the life span Chris? That’s fantastic looks like old boy has “the life”

6 Likes

I was always under the impression they can live for 40 years but heard a couple days ago, they can go for as long as 70 years. Quick google search says:

" Working donkeys in the poorest countries have a life expectancy of 12 to 15 years;[17] in more prosperous countries, they may have a lifespan of 30 to 50 years."

My donkeys are lazy asses, probably going to survive till they 60’s, older than me I guess.

9 Likes

Life long friend. I dig it

4 Likes

Squash for everyone!

These ducks while sometimes a pain are the most effective bug control I’ve found. There are no bugs down at the pond and mosquitoe larvae are a treat.

10 Likes

I just saw an article about this for when the fire season starts and for people who have lung issues such as asthma. The article did say to be careful of fire hazard. I’m surprised this guy didn’t mention that. So maybe there isn’t a fire hazard. I mean, why would there be one? Taping a filter to a fan is pretty simple sounding. I’m going to try this with at least one of my fans (I have 5-6 b/c we have no AC up here) and see how it goes with just regular air. Fire season is coming and the air quality does get pretty bad up here. Didn’t used to be this way and now we expect them yearly. :frowning: Your puppy is DARLING!

7 Likes

Thank you!

I can’t imagine why it would cause any fire hazard, like you said it’s just a filter taped to a fan. I can say that mine runs 24/7 on medium. High is to much noise in the living room. Every month when I change the filter I pull everything off the fan and give it a good cleaning too.

5 Likes

And here I thought I was the only person who cleaned their fans. LOL … does nobody look at their blades!!! We do medium, too. High is so loud. I agree that it shouldn’t be a fire hazard. The video you shared, that guy didn’t mention it and he is a professor lol … yeah, store run today and getting some filters. I need a new one for my heating system anyway.

4 Likes

I run super cheap filters on the fan. An account of mine gives me them by the case. And even with those it’s hard to tell if air actually goes through it. It feels like it just bounces off and comes out the back of the fan. You can see from the ring how much stuff it’s collected in 14 days. That’s the outside on the filter of course. The inside would look much worse

And yes! Dirty fan blades gross me out!

4 Likes

Ginger on Nip!!!
" MeH "

9 Likes

Sometimes I hesitate to put my animals on here because I eventually eat them. But the way we raise them they are treated just like pets so if I offend you with the pics it’s not my intention. by the way, chickens are definitely carnivores. Haha.

10 Likes

Suuuhwuuuueeet… hey man, ppl can’t be no hypocrites now can we. That Big Mac comes from someone with four legs…pigs are adorable though. I had a pet javelina, Dino, when I was like 8, my father had shot the mother and I had Dino for about 2 years before he ran away and our freezer filled up. So that’s a dead :turtle: the chicks came across? You know - I like turtles bruh, that’s kinda double sacrilegious for me. LoL but life goes on. I’m sure them pigs would eat the shell and all…

6 Likes

I tell the boys down at the vfw, there is no man in here that can play with the hogs in sandals. Finally had a taker. So at 1am the bar cleaned out and to the farm we went. Dude didn’t make 90 seconds. Ran away with one sandal left. Damn things ate the rubber banding and all. Wish I woulda recorded it thinking back.

8 Likes

Okay meet my man captain

And my girl milk dudthey are my favorites. Actually they like me the best sooooo yeah. Bitchface won’t even let me get a pic of him.

8 Likes