Let's try this growing thing! 🤓

What size is your tank? You can always upgrade it. I know what you mean about getting attached to a fish. I had an Oscar for 10 years, he was huge, over a foot long. Also would eat my other fish, like my red peacock and convict. I tried to get fish that were bigger and more aggressive but Oscar ate them anyway. Fish will typically only grow to the size of their environment. I bet he don’t get too much bigger, unless you get a bigger tank. Oh yeah, what size tank again? I got sidetracked.

4 Likes

That’s a 50 gallon and Sharon, my blue gourami he ate was like 8 yrs old. I always have a tank going but I did away with my 200 gallon salt water. Fresh is just a walk in the park and so much easier to take care of. I use to get all my own fish when I was diving a lot. Plus I had to have a chiller for my bubble coral and anemones. Just a giant pia compared to a once a month 20% water change with the fresh. … okay maybe 6 week water changes. lol
If you go to the pet store a lot Chavez that’s where to get cheap ass DE. I pick up a 5lb bag for like $10 at mine and it’s food grade DE. But yes I love my tanks man, been doing it for 20 + years.

3 Likes

Its a great hobby, I found it very relaxing having a tank. I had a 200 gal. fresh water. Salt seemed like too much work & money.
I had to give it up when I moved back home to take care of my mom. No room here. I did love it though, very therapeutic!

5 Likes

Dude…I think you’re raising a bull shark there !

5 Likes

Hey Mr. Bill… Are you watching the Pats game???

YUP… guess so.

6 Likes

Mr belichek looks baffled

3 Likes

Autocorrect said baffled…Boo… you meant embarrassed surely!! Or was it bastards… Oh, abashed, I get it!! That is a good one. Was that a new NFL playoff record, 4 str8 drives w/ 4 TD’s? I wish I was Happy right now… He don’t watch football.

6 Likes

Ha haha! “Dynasty”.

2 Likes

Oh no no no no… Brady was the dynasty! As much as that sux to say, that was the case. He is still continuing his legacy. If he goes back to back SB’s w TB … Oh my baby rhinos on the Serengetto… goodness. The dude is incredible… And he is no longer a Pat, I have to live w that, WE have to live w that… #patsnation# it’s okay, we always have next year. LoL BUT boy was it fun while it lasted.
Let’s go Bruins …

5 Likes

Sorry bro but it’s already written in stone

2 Likes

Yaaaaaa… Can’t like that dude. Whatcha gonna do when Crosby hangs it up. I know what Jagr did…lol went to the bruins!!
Did some transplanting today. We have had highs of like 70° for a like a week now & not even supposed to
reach that this week. My heat is set @ like 70° not to the wife’s delight … LoL anywhozers I put my light down to like 2’ in the room to help keep the plants a lil warm.

Oh yes… I also started some autos from Snipe… Gonna get em started for a few weeks inside, maybe a month and toss em outside. See if I can’t keep some autos going down in the sunshine state 365… No reasons I can’t I figure. Besides the whole humidity bug thing. I’ll get it right after I sacrifice a couples lamb’s. Baaaaa
And lastly… cull’d another boy today, down to 8… a caviar bit it this time. But I’m sure my other JH has a vagā vagā which is great. So 1 JH & 1 Caviar pulled w boy parts so far.

9 Likes

What a launch tonight… headed south for a polar orbit and even got the entry burn of stage 1 returning north of the Bahamas. Pretty cool stuff.

9 Likes

Is that the STARLINK launch? I saw them deploy back in December. It was freaky looking!
starlink dec

7 Likes

Yes solo starlink launch only. The Starship should launch for a LEO orbit here sometime soon. That thing is insane looking stacked on Top of his super heavy booster.

7 Likes

Charlie made another appearance, little better shot of beefcake.

7 Likes

LOL, still looks like some bull shark genetics in there to me !!
Stick your worm in there and see if he has teeth !!!

Definitely looks pampered and content !

6 Likes

LoL… he’s never content! He’d eat all day long if I kept dropping fish in - the big fat hog that he is!
So the other day when I was transplanting I found a boy WC and literally yanked it out & tossed it in the trash. Then about 2 hours later I thought - hey let’s see how fertile my fire pit is since I toss ashes in my compost. Went and grabbed him from the trashcan & — Well I forgot about him till just now.

12 Likes

that’s awesome!!!

6 Likes

Dang, you better expand your fire pit and just do all your growing right there!!!
LOL plant looks b e a u t i f u l !!!

8 Likes

:joy:… one might think huh… HE will get toasted with my next fire. I have no intentions on keeping him going. It was just an idea to see what the soil did. Just goofing off is all, that’s my style ya know. Lol not taking much seriously is how I roll. Ask the wife!

7 Likes