Light suggestion for expanding room

I know this topic had been beat to death by a lot of people starting to grow etc, etc. I’d appreciate the knowledge because everyone uses different lights.

Here’s my situation. I need to expand my room which means more lights, equipment blah blah. Everything but the lights is pretty standard. I own a Mars hydro TS3000. Which I had been using for veg. But it puts off so much heat. I run a Gavita 1700 for flower, but the thought of buying a couple more makes the pocket pucker.

So can anyone suggest a higher end light that doesn’t produce much heat? While I appreciate the suggestion to build my own, I know it will come I am not that guy! Lol.

Apologizing now, these damn gummies have kicked in.

5 Likes

my light adds 10 degrees to the room consistent.

2 Likes

I will be bumping up my exhaust and such when I expand. My Mars puts out what feels like twice the heat that the gavita does, I just don’t have the budget to but multiple $1000+ lights.

3 Likes

@Mark0427 has a 650r he never said anything about the heat. i have a 650r too and its 10 degrees hotter lights on

3 Likes

I honestly couldn’t tell you what the temp difference is lights on to off. I’m sleeping when the lights are off and just have a normal digital temp guage. Nothing wifi.

3 Likes

i have my little thermometers all over the room. i confess to sneaking in when i shouldnt. i cant help myself

4 Likes

I picked up the ChilLED 1000W commercial light and it dosnt produce that much heat. Have done 3 runs with it so far. Recommend - but heads up no UV or IR (they do have addon that take care of that but I dont like the idea of addons - include it in the light - dont be greedy)
But if the 1000W too much they have lower models (600w i think)
OR I just bought a Geekbeast pro 650w light - has UV and IR - is cheaper - but havent done a full grow with it yet - seems ok so far.

4 Likes

Yeah I hate having to buy shit that should come with it in the 1st place. Like gavita with their cords. Have to be ordered separate.

3 Likes

I don’t know what a lower price high end price range would be. I paid 450 for the Mars, 1200 foe the gavita. Somewhere in the middle maybe?

3 Likes

yeah i think the 600w is around 1200.00

3 Likes

I took a quick look, and they look super cool. Sent myself the link to read more in to when I have the time. I appreciate it. It’s just SO hard to spend that much lol. I want to be able to afford it

4 Likes

Have you checked out floraflexs new lights? https://floraflex.com/default/floraflexr-led-grow-light-650-8-bar-09-15-10-13-shipping-window

3 Likes

California light works are cooler running, and can be hooked together. Not cheap, great lights, great customer service!

5 Likes

I’m not versed at all in the lights. That’s how I ended up where I am. Mars was suggested, I bought it, then was told it was shit lol. Heard gavita was supposed to be this awesome light, so I bought it. Constant revolution of my growing experience haha!!! Buying stuff and realizing it’s not all it’s supposed to be.

I admit, I do like the gavita.

3 Likes

you know hlg sells refurbished lights?

3 Likes

I don’t even know what hlg is lol, but I’m going to take some time and check out everything that’s been suggested. At the very least I’ll learn a ton about lights. What’s nice is that people suggest lights I’d probably never even come across trying to Google my way around.

4 Likes

Bruce Bugbee has some great YouTube videos on lighting. How efficient the lights are and the actual power draw from the wall are 2 major factors and are going to determine how much actual light your getting or total ppfd. 3 year warranty seems pretty and standard 5 years warranty is good. Spectrum is also important but different grows will have slightly different needs.

5 Likes

i paid 1100 for my light. after i set it up and my plants started getting big i realized i would have been better off with 2 lights to adjust to plant heights. it would have been cheaper

4 Likes

There’s also some super cheap sunritek LEDs but they are not name brand, $500 USD for a MH660 I think it’s called. Their website not being secured is pretty sketchy though I don’t think I would enter any personal info on there. The Floraflexs ones are $650 USD If you get it on a few months back order but they are reputable company

3 Likes

I’ve had Mars hydro they seem cheap and do put off a lot of heat I have 2 hlg100 and 1 sf2000 the sf2000 kills the hlg same price if you buy 2 of the hlg I bolted mine together(don’t try at home unless you no what your doing) into one light like the sf2000

4 Likes