Lights are they worth it

I have been looking at these since I was in Vegas… just trying to figure out if they are as good as their claims…they truly were the light that came closest to the sun…lol… while they were demonstrating compared to all others there…

4 Likes

Never heard of them, but I’m a fan of the design. They’ve got all the things I would look for in a commercial fixture, and seem like they would last forever if you’re using it for a personal grow. Which model were you thinking of and how much did they say it would cost?

7 Likes

A3i… they are $999 good for 5x5 as per my discussions… but are about 3x3 or so… i never measured…

2 Likes

@devjyarn… hands down the best aesthetically looking and craziest light I seen at the whole show…literally you were dropping your shades at 25’ and that was after complaints and they were forced to dim them…lol…

3 Likes

That sounds like a great price for something that is passively cooled, has polycarbonate lenses to protect the diodes and is IP67 rated. Those features should make it bomb proof and give you trouble free use for a long time. I will only ever buy LEDs that have glass or polycarbonate lenses. If unprotected diodes get dirty, they can only be cleaned so many times before scratches affect the efficiency of the light. Like trying to get sunlight in through a scratched up window.

5 Likes

And they can be put under 1m of water and are sealed for dust/spores/mites proof etc…lol…

7 Likes

Hmmmm. We were given a certificate to pick out a light for Christmas. Now you’ve given us something to think about.

3 Likes

I’m also in the market for a new light or 2. I’ve sent them an email asking for some pricing.

I’m looking for something to do 5x5 area in the new yr

Packee

1 Like

Man i would buy one of those right now. But…im playing in the sandbox and building a couple lights of my own so until then ill watch this. Wow that light is fancy scmansy

I was told in Vegas $1000 for A3i… seriously… just looking at them even dimmed… the quality was exceptional… and the one guy gave me this book on lights he wrote…it is next up for reading…

8 Likes

I wanna read it too! :sob:

5 Likes

I will see if I can get one and get it to you… I have his card…

4 Likes

No worries i emailed them. That light is sick. I wonder if its to hot for a 4x4 lol

3 Likes

@packee was wanting one for a 5x5 and that is what Fohse suggested…and you can dim them to 10% and they still look insane… let them know you heard about them from someone that was at the convention… they were so cool… drank some beers with the guys and gals at their booth…like I said they were forced to dim down and it was still brighter then any other…

6 Likes

@PreyBird1 maybe we can get a bulk deal if there’s enough of us looking for one

Packee

5 Likes

Good idea! Maybe a GN group buy!
Im so down for tha!

5 Likes
3 Likes

Gavita makes a nice plasma light as well.

3 Likes

“And they can be put under 1m of water and are sealed for dust/spores/mites proof etc…lol…” that’s sick indeed waterproof need to try one of those out for side lighting

5 Likes

Can you see if you can get me a book. I would greatly appreciate it.

3 Likes