Lights are they worth it

Click bait…???..

https://matssetting.top/products/horticulture-lighting-group?pix_id=3392007250872612&price=9&fbclid=IwAR1oat97nIM_uKnpfD5nHHQrVs6uezCB4tvpd8-xaNyWP8wa8AWJcw83yd8

https://www.scamdoc.com/view/155514 looks like it’s probably a scam @Ladithief

1 Like

…lol… at that price I agree…lol…and they offered a full grow tent setup… tent exhausts lights pots everything for $89…lol…

Thats click bait scam. 1 good full spec 170 watt board is $89 and no cheaper anywhere. I know ive been searching. Shit’s cheap in china but theres steep tarrifs thanks trump!

2 Likes

The cultivation I work at just bout more than 1000 of the A3is. they started installing them today. Im not absolutely certain, but I think that they cost considerably more than $1000

1 Like

$1600‐1899
@scallywag welcome to the forum! I paid $1500 when they came out.

1 Like

three things that one must have for cultivation:

1. good lighting
  2. good medium
    3 GOOD Genetics

prefer Quantium Boards / Ocean Blend/Happy Frog/ Mass Medical Genetics

1 Like

I just talked to Fohse yesterday, the a3i retails for $3300 now. They made some spectral modifications recently as well.

1 Like

Pricing was $1200. And then the controller. And fedex damaged the cooling fins in shipping. So foshe left the warranty in place and discounted another $250 so it was a good deal. I paid like $1200. But i really like my home built light also.

2 Likes

That’s awesome

1 Like

Not trying to be silly here, but can’t you just clean them with something that doesn’t scratch them?

2 Likes

You do realize that you not only have to purchase the light, but to run it you need that controller also. Has anyone gotten the total price of the Ai3 and the controller? They also use the same Samsung diode as a lot of other boards.

1 Like

That’s a good question. I’m sure the diode coatings have come a long way in the last couple of years, so my thinking might be out of date. I’m of the opinion that electronics should be built to survive in the environment they’re designed for; grow rooms are pretty extreme compared to other rooms in a house.

There are lots of manufactures making grow lights that are more and more efficient each year, and the price only goes down. Extra protection from sticky trichomes, humidity, foliar sprays etc is a nice feature on something that is usually advertised as having a lifespan over 50,000 hours.

4 Likes

You would be amazed what just plain ol’ water and a soft cotton cloth will take off. Did you know that plain water is what is known as the universal “solvent”. But I agree totally they should be able to withstand the environment that they are going to reside in, and for sure be cleanable. I wouldn’t hesitate to clean my lights with a soft cloth and a mild solution such as a couple drops of vinegar and a drop of surfactant in a quart spray bottle.

3 Likes