Looking for a mentor!

Any dispensary owners or cultivars out there!? I’m seriously looking for someone to help me out on how to get started in starting my own business.

5 Likes

Hi @fezyfez

Welcome to GN, loads of both on our community. What do you need assistance with? What is your goal? Where are you based? Happy to help and I am sure many members will throw in some suggestions.

3 Likes

Hi Chris! So I’ve never owned a business before. I’m 28 years old and have been a first responder since I was 17. So I know nothing about business but am infatuated in the world of cannabis. My wife and I seriously would love to open a business in either it being a dispensary or cultivar. I would love to do both but if I can only achieve 1 at the moment then I am ok with that. We currently live in NY but want to leave the state. We are looking more towards the south east or possibly Arizona, New Mexico, Colorado. We are also open to Tennessee, Georgia and Florida. I would love for it to be recreational but am ok with starting out in a state that only allows medical cannabis untill the country finally legalizes it entirely. Basically I just have no idea where to start or how to even begin with this dream and just need some advice on how to at least get my foot in the door to get started.

5 Likes

Hi @fezyfez

Thank you for your past service. Awesome to start a new journey in your life and a great place to be , moving to a new state, new business and a new passion. Maybe start by trying our our GN University where you can learn more about growing cannabis and more advanced courses in cannabis to get a better understanding.

Check out the canna cribs series to also learn more about licensed medical grows and dispensaries. The lastest episode is a good watch to:

Maybe some of the other members can help, but you need to research the state that will suite your needs best for the opportunity you are looking at. So I would sit down, right down a list of things you need to decide on e.g

Benefits of moving to each state, current cannabis laws, do you both want to move there, weather, property prices etc… e.g Arizona hot as hell, Colorado snowy, big cannabis market etc. You want to work out the benefits of each state and your personal requirements.

You need to look at your strengths, e.g the career background you have come from, your skills etc. Perhaps you could become a health practitioner, security, fire safety because of your background.

Focus on your strengths, start small, you cant do it all. Perhaps consider finding a job in the cannabis industry first and getting a feel for what you would like to do. It could be risky trying to do it all starting out.

3 Likes

I live in az and we do get the heat in the summer, BUT we also don’t get risk of frost here and if we do it’s only gonna be for a week or two around new years, aside from that we can pretty much grow year round here. I did a fall/winter and a winter/spring crop just fine just letting my mh and hps lights keep my growspace warm during those cooler months, for summer time I vegged indoors with led and put things outdoors in the greenhouse running a swamp cooler at the end of july, things went well for a week till one morning on a watering day my cooler failed and cooked everything a couple weeks ago, absolutely devastating blow to the grow but let’s be honest, education in the school of hard knocks is never cheap

5 Likes

Cannabis Training University is only $247.00 dollars online school they can help get you started

2 Likes

hi @growerjames

That is a great choice too and welcome to GN. GN University is free and could help anyone new in the industry to get a better idea of commercial cannabis growing and its all for free. The video below answers your questions @fezyfez . You have already signed up to growersnetwork.org, now enroll into a cannabis course.

4 Likes

Thank you!!

1 Like

Hi @fezyfez!

What about overseas? I run a small operation in Ecuador. Land is cheap, regulation is good, licenses costs are affordable and we have beach, mountain and jungle!

Also: we use US dollars as currency
:grin:

Greetings from the Middle of the world!

7 Likes

I need some advice how to get a Farm I already know how to grow can growers network help me get a Farm

3 Likes

Not directly get you a farm, but I think GN provides you the tools and platform to help you get started in cannabis and hopefully lead you to becoming a cannabis farm owner. Growershouse.com provides all the products you will need for cannabis cultivation indoors and outdoors. Growers Network University to learn, GN forum for learning, sharing in a cannabis community.

So you in California?

2 Likes

I’m in the Bay a lot of people are tearing up their lawns and are making rows of vegetables that’s probably what I’m going to do thanks for getting back to me

2 Likes

I moved to Phoenix from Upstate NY (Grew up in Buffalo, then lived in Lake Placid). I’ve been here for 19 years, and love it! Getting a dispensary license in Arizona is next to impossible without $25M, but you can talk with license holders about having your own cultivation under their license. If you ever have questions about the business side, please don’t be afraid to reach out to me.

1 Like

Hablo Espanol! Need to start packing.

2 Likes