Looking to build Greenhouse space - which one is best

Hello, I’m new to the forum and preparing to build out 20-30k feet of sealed/closed loop greenhouse space. I am interested in feedback with respect to which manufacturers and components are recommended. Thanks in advance.

11 Likes

ABS, if you don’t mind, I too am very interested in this discussion. I am working on the plans for an indoor grow. I would like to hear opinnions regarding optimal size if there is such a thing. I have 12 acers of land and will be building new.

All feedback is appreciated.

Thanks,

Larry Harb

4 Likes

I cannot recommend any particular greenhouse manufacturers, but it can be very helpful to consult with an all encompassing greenhouse solution company. Someone who will design everything with you including the structure, environmental controls, irrigation, etc.

It might be a bit more costly than piecing everything together yourself, however the knowledge they bring to the table will help you find the right solution for your goals, avoid costly mistakes, and provide continues support while you learn your systems.

5 Likes

@ABS @420FriendlyInsurance

If you need help with putting together a water treatment and management plan for your project, don’t hesitate to reach out to us. HydroLogic has customized commercial and industrial water filtration systems for cannabis cultivation projects all over North America.

3 Likes

@Link4Dean any partners you work with that you can recommend for greenhouses?

1 Like

@cberg, thank you this is sage advice.

@HydroLogic, I will absolutely consider HydroLogic for water treatment systems. Is there a website where I could learn more?

2 Likes

I’ve seen people have good results with Farmtek and Nexus. Farmtek is probably going to be slightly less expensive, but Nexus seems to have much more a specialty in the cannabis space.

From everything I’ve seen, greenhouses are definitely a “you get what you pay for” investment, and the price tag can go up pretty quickly depending on how sophisticated of a grow operation you want.

I have a few friends who are much more well versed in this space. I’ll reach out to them and see if I can get you some more detailed info.

5 Likes

For more information on our HyperLogic Commercial and Industrial RO systems and other water filtration solutions, please visit www.hyper-logic.com.

We also offer customized systems with the pre-filtration equipment and RO unit pre-plumbed on a metal frame. This simplifies the installation and system start-up process. More info on our HyperLogic Plug & Play RO Skid systems is here: http://hyper-logic.com/plug-play/.

If you have any questions, feel free to give me a call at 888 426 5644 ext 110 or shoot me an email at sara@hydrologicsystems.com.

Thanks!
Sara S.

Sara,

What show will your company be at next?

Larry

1 Like

Hi Larry,

I will be at the MJBizCon show in New Orleans next month May 9th-11th. We will have one of our HyperLogic Commercial Series RO units on display in booth # 1113 at that show.

We will have a booth at the Lift Expo in Toronto May 25th-27th and the NCIA San Jose Show July 25th-27th.

Will you be at one of those shows coming up?

Thanks,
Sara S.

1 Like

Sara,

I will be at MJBizCon in NOLA. I will definitely have to check it out. Thanks,

Larry

1 Like

Hi ABS, we can certainly recommend some greenhouse suppliers. Send me a note and we can talk about where you are and what you’re trying to do. There is a manufacturer out there that is right for you.

Feel free to give me a call at 1 (866) 755-5465 or email me at d.croshere@link4controls.com

1 Like

Hi ABS,

I’ve just private messaged you about BlueHouse, our Los Angeles based design-build greenhouse firm. Looking forward to connecting.

https://www.bluehouse.ag/

-Andrew

1 Like

In my experience, it’s not so much the greenhouses that are so different, it’s the contractors. Making sure you get a good contractor that knows what he’s doing. A LOT of money can be lost trying to save a few bucks on labor.

But I do like the Nexus greenhouses.

3 Likes

Your only constraint is your budget! The more tech you integrate, the more expensive the greenhouse becomes.

I’ve worked with both Nexus and Farmtek and found them both to be very helpful in the design and construction phases. Argus and Link4 make exceptional environmental controls for greenhouse applications. HydroLogic can’t be beat for water purification. Growers House is an amazing resource for all the pieces in one place, from supplemental lighting to ratchet straps to pots and media.

2 Likes

This is a good point. A quick “rule of thumb” most use when having initial project discussions is to take the Greenhouse cost and double it for the site work costs.

For example, if the GH is $100,000, add another $100,000 for site work, utilities, etc. It sounds like a lot but it adds up quickly.

At BlueHouse, we have a few special components with our structures such as a unique glazing that’s quicker/easier to install. We also have standard contractors we work with who know our method and who are very efficient builders.

Lastly, nice advice from @Growernick on the other components like controls and water purification.

3 Likes

HI,
My name is Mark McGinn
my company is Mountain Shore Inc.
I’ve worked all over the country In greenhouse building, relocation ,recovers, curtains systems, ventilation etc. and know the best situation for greenhouses in various regional conditions
you can call at 303-619-4650
email
markmountainshore@yahoo.com
be happy to share some thoughts on what been done, what can be done according to your need and what might be optimum,
Thanks
Mark McGinn
Mountain Shore Inc

4 Likes

Hi @ABS Andrew,

I like this quote from @thatgatesguy because I absolutely agree.

I am going to post a lot of pictures and insight on the various types of greenhouses that I have built all over the country, over the years.

Here is a picture of a greenhouse we donated and built, on a nonprofit in Boulder, Colorado in 2015. It’s covered with Acrylic double wall sheet and after all those years still looks as good as new.

Although we install all types of cover material for greenhouse, we build greenhouses of every kind as well as light deprivation, shade certain systems, ventilation, & also other mechanical systems.

We’ve built in many climate zones and are able to give input as to what would be best for any situation.

I would be happy to answer questions, share some thoughts on whats been done, provide feedback on what can be done according to your needs and what might be optimum.

Thanks for taking a look!

Mark

3 Likes

markmountainshore@yahoo.com
I agree who we’ve worked on all all types of greenhouses
relocated and located many greenhouses as well some you can see on my Mountain Shore Inc profile
we are service orientated company and are independent
I have insights to what might be a good fit for the grower
and it’s a good quality Greenhouses,cover and retractables
we know the difference and I generally don’t charge for advice
best of luck to anyone building a greenhouse

3 Likes

We have been working with Nexus on our 18 acre, 44 greenhouse project and Nexus has been an excellent partner. Highly recommend them for their knowledge of cannabis projects

3 Likes