LST First grow!

Ok, here it goes. My first grow. Sour Chem Phenom transplanted 11/24 into 5 gal pots. Also White Widow Phenom same dates for both plants. Don’t have earlier dates as they were a gift. I know nice gifts! First LST 12/3 (no pic):cry:. LST today 12/15. Just one hour after training the leaves and pistols are already turning up :grinning:!
Lights are. 600w on veg. My kids got me a T5 600w for my birthday last week. I just hung the T5 today. I’m not sure it is needed as my plants are doing great.
Oh ya 18/6 timed.
Grow medium is ocean forest when transplanted. Only have given them Epsom salt water a week ago. Topped 2wk ago.
I also have 2 clones from sour chem.
Growing on the other side is Harlequin Auto clone its doing good on same 18/6 lighting. Lights are a set of 600 w combined. Will take separation wall away when they are all in flower.
Room is very large 8x 6 to ceiling. I’m only using maybe a third of it.
I don’t really have a question but wanted to talk about my grow. This is so much fun and interesting! I need to feed soon, off to the garden center!

9 Likes

Will get more pics when phone charges, sorry.

3 Likes

You’ve set up a nice space…good start :grin:
I’ve clicked the watch button :point_down:

4 Likes

5 Likes

They turned up by morning. I’m excited to watch them grow now without having to do much except feed and water.

2 Likes

Nice work! If you like doing lst, you should look into mainlining! It’s amazing how we can train those little plants.

4 Likes

Ill check it out. Tks

1 Like

I’m liking this Main lining. Have to give it a try on next grow. I have many, many hangers so will start making rings. I want to be prepared ahead of time for this. I am learning so much. Who says you can’t teach an almost old dog new tricks! Lol

2 Likes

I can’t tell if you’re using them, but when I’m using my fabric pots, I like to use safety pins (the kind for diapers) all around the pots to tie my branches down.

1 Like

Hi Fifth.
Is it Emergency Blankets on the sides of your grow space?

1 Like

Yep fabric pots

1 Like

Yes, cheap, cheap! Works. Lol
This summer I’m going to paint white and maybe sheetrock. Depends on if needed or not. I will grow outside asap this spring.

1 Like

You must be careful with Emergency blankets. The are designed to reflect 98% heat. It can also create a hotspot on you plants and burn them. Depending on the light. I truly understand the fact of “cheap” setups. But rather use a car window reflector. The are made to reflect light and absorbs heat and cold better, due to the airpockets.

1 Like

Ok didn’t realise that. I should have tho. So far no problems but could not do the same in the summer. It gets hot here. I always have fans blowing and make sure the temp and humidity are right. It stays right at 68° and 48%humidity. Being in Oklahoma I really have to watch it. Good thing I’m not working or it would be stressful keeping up.
Right now its pretty easy. I will go get some car window reflectors.
This room was rushed because of the wonderful gifts. I was saving for grow tent then suddenly have plants to care for in fall and winter.
Thank you so much for the advice and interest in my plants.
I also check ph in h2o. Its usually real good, well water.
I’m determined to get it all together.
Thank you again.

3 Likes

Q: is Mylar the same as emergency wraps?

1 Like

Always a pleasure to help.
Mylar is more a plastic, that works great. I never used it myself. I’ve always used car reflectors.

I have seen a lot a people successfully using Mylar!

3 Likes

Ok great. It’s Mylar. I have one piece of emergency foil in there where I needed double layer bcuz of not dark enough.

1 Like

Good Luck Fifth

2 Likes

Thank you. Will update when something new shows up.

2 Likes