M.I.L.K (man I love Kush) : Or Playing With Moms!

My goal with this journal is trying to make a couple of mothers so I can clone them for my next indoor/outdoor grow. I also want to practice as much training techniques as I can.

So since @MK3_Pharms has been so nice and gifted me with some Lemon Kush Reg., I put 3 to soak overnight.

And I had some Banana Kush Feminized by ILGM. I put one of them to soak.

I put them in a warmish, dark place. In my desk, over my computer…nice and cosy…
Nightie, night babies, see you tomorrow…

15 Likes

Ohh snap its going down

7 Likes

??? What, when, where???

6 Likes

At your place

5 Likes

Damn right, and It’s going to be a good and fun experience! Be gentle with me, it’s only my seventh times… :wink: But my first with some choice genetics! Thanks MK3.
It’s going to be a learning experience for me.

10 Likes

I for your back back buddy

6 Likes

Ok, we’re off to a good start, all 4 seeds have popped!

The 3 Lemon Kush :

And the Banana Kush :

And now off to the paper towel and the Ziploc bag for the night…

9 Likes

Late yesterday, all the seeds had their tap roots out about 3/4" long. So I put some Pro-mix in my Solo cups and planted all of the seeds. Now I get to play the Waiting Game!

Question for you people : At this stage, should I leave the Solo cups in a dark and warm place or should I put them under some lighting?

9 Likes

Two of the Lemon Kushes poked their heads out of the ground

And the Banana Kush

I may have broken the tap root of the third Lemon Kush when I planted it. So I am going to wait a few days and see.

10 Likes

I personally have had better success with leaving them in the warm dark. They don’t have anything to photosynthesis at that point until they sprout and then they try to stretch looking for the light in the dark. I could be wrong but that’s what I’ve noticed. You definitely want warmth.

7 Likes

Thanks, that’s what I was thinking also. But now that 3 of them have sprouted, what kind of light regimen would you suggest?
Still in a warm dark place?
Under a light for 14 hours on/10 off? Less light? More light?
I was thinking of placing them under one of my blurple light for 14 hrs/10 hrs on/off for a few days.

3 Likes

So how are your babies doing @kapouic :grin:

7 Likes

I will update this thread this week-end with pictures. But as of now, I have two Lemon Kush doing real fine and 1 Banana Kush also doing fine. Thanks for asking @missiles .

https://giphy.com/gifs/lFpJBQl6XGgEM/html5

My plan for them this week : Finish killing the freaking bugs in my tent… and then I will put them in the tent with the “real lights” for 12/12 (i’m flowering my tent atm) and then I will put them under my old lights for the rest of their day…
Please people, if you think I should do things differently, just say so! I would love to do a good run with those so I have healthy moms to “play” with. I still have so much to learn…

4 Likes

I’m glad to hear that @kapouic ! That banana kush sounds fantastic! I love my kush’s. My first plant ever was a purple kush. Right now I have a purple kush x Jack herer I’m anxious to try. Here she is hope you don’t mind a photobomb lol

If you have any questions or anything just tag me :wink: if I can’t answer we will find someone who can.

7 Likes

No minding done :wink: How old is she? And don’t worry, I love visuals, it helps my old brain understand…
That Banana Kush strain came from ILGM before they stopped shipping to Canada. It was the first strain where I could really taste the banana flavor and it made me realize that it wasn’t just marketing hype and that terps really brought something to the table!
And the first OG Kush I ever grew outside blew my mind. Such a nice energetic (for me at least) high, it was love at first toke.
And I have a real sense of anticipation for the Lemon Kush from @MK3_Pharms, can barely wait to taste it and they are just babies yet…

6 Likes

I might have to check out that banana! And that one there is just now almost 3 weeks on 12/12 so she still has a ways to go. I’ll be on the lookout for your update when you do it :wink:

5 Likes

For the first time, I tried putting homemade humidity domes (plastic bottles) over my 3 little babies.
But now, I am having an anxiety attack!!! You kow the feeling, when you’re not sure you did things correctly…
Maybe the most weird noob question I’ve asked yet : Should I have punched a little hole in the bottles so they have enough oxygen? Or it doesn’t matter?

edit: I forgot to thank @scotty17. Well then : Thanks Scotty!

5 Likes

Yes, Do put holes in it so she can get oxygen :wink:

And you can never ask too many questions. Trust me I know!

5 Likes

Well, it’s going to have to wait 'till I get back from work tonight!!!
Zut de flute!

6 Likes

Just check on her when you get home :wink:

5 Likes