Making your own chiller

I am going to go with 300 ppm on this water change which is week 2 does that sound about right?

Just got done with the water change…and the plants were pretty pale…so I went with 400ppm.

1 Like

Yeah that sounds good to me.
That’s about where mine were before I used Jack’s and then I would go to about 900 ppm through flower

My head hurts lol…you went from 300 straight to 900? Or a gradual rise through the veg?

1 Like

Gradually through veg

1 Like

Lol you’ll get it down. I was freaking out my first grow.
I’m in my 3rd now and it is so much easier.
I use to think it was funny when people would say they read their plants. I’m getting it now.

1 Like

pow wow that it one dank lookin bud

2 Likes

Thanks lol

1 Like

Whew…you scared me there lol…300 to 900 I had visions of cooked plants lol. Brown crusty dead leaves hanging off a 5 inch tall plant. I think I will just follow the TPS hydro chart and quit worrying about it. There amount to put in for week two came out at 345ppm…and my rain water was at between 18 and 20 ppm starting. So nutes at 320 ppm basically. Part of that (small part) is the Root which doesn’t have nutrients in it, just goodies lol. Week 3 should take it up to about 400ppm And they keep it there until week 8 veg. Then it goes to 500 start of flower and then 600-650 at the highest.

2 Likes

Yeah man 900 ppm would burn them up lol

2 Likes

Put up a root picture over on my Planet of the Grapes grow, take a look and tell me what you think…Are they ok or is the brown mean they are rotting? Thanks much appreciated!

2 Likes

I dont see the picture

1 Like

I’m keeping everything on the very first top post so the whole grow is together in one place.

2 Likes

They look good to me.
Nice and white

1 Like

My plants took a nose dive yesterday lol.
Hydro is fast

1 Like

What grow lights ya have sss?

Thanks brother! Wasn’t sure if the brown was the start of a major problem or not. Sorry for picking your brain so much…kinda ansty on this hydro stuff…lol

1 Like

Blue I am using those two lights I got off Amazon for side lighting on my last grow…they are kinda like T5’s but LED. they are 5500k 320watts each. I am trying them for veg they are too blue for flower but they grow really nice compact plants in veg. This is the link to them.

I have a SF-4000 for flower…Spider Farmer. Good light.

1 Like

Oh no! What happened…pictures?

1 Like

4’x1’ only draws 175 watts which is around 1.5 Amps good one for veg :facepunch:t2:

1 Like

Is it the new Leds or 301bs or both? I’ve been seeing that style of lights with both
301b and 301h and a 500 something, all three