Well there lights are very cool but when a sales rep is involved and there is no pricing im not buying anything. That means they will charge whatever they want and that means big bucks! Sorry but you lost my business right there. More for a large commercial grower and not at home or hobbyist grower.
Same thing at solatube, tried to get a price quote for their skyvault “commercial” sola tube. Jus got different emails asking about my project specs.
Still want one though…
Yep i want fose light. They said there focusing on commercial and will make hobbist version. I was ready to buy 3 @ $1000 each but got the run around and no lights. So i wont bother with them anymore. Lost sale even when they do make a hobbist light. I made my own lights now so…https://www.fohse.com/#intro
I got them from budgetled.com i havent seen them available in just boards right now. My other quantum boards is from nieme led. But its just a v2 288w far red and white 3500k
Take a look at our LED line, proven quality and performance at reasonable prices: www.PowerTrakGrow.com
If you have any questions on tents or lighting, we’ll be glad to assist.
I love the Mars Hydro 600w LED models, so much I replaced all of my older LEDs with this and even gifted one to my pupil. These really saved my bacon…hmmmm
I been thinking of buying the parts and building my own. I’m In the process of adding an additional 4x8 flowering tent and I think I’m actually going to go with LED’s for the first time ever. I’ve been using mh/hps over 25 years, so I’m a little hesitant to try it, but I’ve seen so much killer flowers grown with less I’m getting over my apprehension and giving it a shot. I’m pretty sure I’m going to build them though since, from what it seems, I can buy the stuff for two, high quality led 1,000w hid equivalent lights for under a thousand each. I’m not sure what to go with though.
Hey I know you don’t now me from Adam but I would like to chime in and state for the record that if you are switching from classic HID/HPS setups to a quality light rig of comparable strength, you will not be disappointed. When I say “quality” I don’t mean super-high end LEDs, just stay away from the uber-cheap ones. I have been thru the whole gamut of light options over the years and while every one has the plus and minus side, decent LEDs keep winning in my grow room, particularly as of the most recent batch that have come from LED grow light makes like Mars Hydro and others. These have reached what I consider the “optimal” featureset for an LED grow light:
- No spare electronics, ballast, fans nothing.
- These are basically LEDs attached to reflector/heat sinks, nothing more.
- As such, these are very very light and run extremely cool and of course, quiet as a light-bulb.
- One very cool feature as a result of that last one is that you can hang these ANYWHERE with almost no rigging or support, I have panels hanging from those yoyo plant hangers, makes them super-adjustable.
- The light spectrum presented by the current batch of LEDs is amazing and has had the best effect I have seen so far on plants.
- Before the pandemic, these were even cheaper per “watt” that the prev gen of LED, I picked up 7 Mars Hydro 600w lights for 80 bones each delivered. Now they are more…
Now in all transparency, LEDs still have the problem they have always had, poor radiance; they are more like spot-lights or maybe more accurately lasers as they project extremely straight, so to get the most of LEDs takes more LEDs or careful planning on your part. However if you have been doing HPS for 25 years, you should have no problem at all not just making the work for your operation but makling the most of what they have to offer…
Hey guys, I’m not sure if this is the right model or what, but I was doing some research and came across a place selling Mars ts600w led’s for $56.80 each. I don’t know, but that sounds really really cheap to me. Some of the good quality leds I’ve been looking into, like Kind and Blackdog are over 2k a pop. I want something really good quality, long lasting, and with ability to maximize the potential of my growing area and genetics. …and hopefully for under 2k/4x8 tent (2 flowering, 1 veg total plus 4x4 mother room, 3x3 breeding room, and (2)2x4 (stacked) cloning chamber).
I want to try out Leds now, as I’m about ready to replace current lights, as bulbs and ballasts are getting a little old and I want to see if I like them or not so I know if I should buy new hid’s or go with all Leds.
How many watts of LED’s would I need, approx, to get same amount end product as with 1,000w hid’s?
You’ll need 600+ watts of LED to replace 1000w HID.
I own 7 of those Mars 600w lights and they are great, best LED lights I ever bought and at 80 bones each, a steal…
So what would I need per 4x8enclosure? 4??
That depends alot on what/how you do your grow. My tent(s) are 4x8x6 and I can do four full-size plants in it, growing old-school style (Christmas-tree shaped plants, etc). 3-4 will comfortably saturate your room and before you think well 3000w model would be cheaper per watt, yes it would BUT you don;t get the ability to so-precisely aim the lights with a single-source. I hang mine all over, where it makes sense for the plant, not the room.
I am going to strap a pair of my Mars ts 600w lights onto these tomorrow…
I recently made the switch from hps to led in my second flower tent and the quality is day and night
Gotta say tho my cmh lights are right there with my leds
I haven’t grown full size plants indoors in ages. Out of curiosity, what kind of weight are you getting out of them? For the past 15yrs or so I’ve been doing a perpetual grow. I use two 1,000w hps and t-t’s for supplemental side lighting.
After I get my new main lights I think I may get a few of those single strip leds and try underlightimg.
Well…man there is no proper answer for you that doesn’t sound lame AF but is hard to answer honestly because…
- I do a completely different grow method from anything else I have seen here, not that its great but it is different enough where apple-to-apple comparisons is done…see the trellis prj for details…but worse:
- This technique/strategy/whatever is absolutely a thing in evolution. That means this version looks little like the previous version which looked and worked nothing like the first version. Thus its never been the same thing twice and so how much weight will THIS version turn out? I will have to wait about 6 weeks to find out.
- Even before with my LEDs I too did the continual/perpetual/harvest/grow/etc (wrote a crappy article on how to do it) and I grew standard christmas-tree shaped, hydroponic stuff I also did the gradual harvest method every time…in fact it was because I had to use a gradual harvest to get more out of my grow that I evolved the trellis trick which eliminates the need for it in the first place…as for specific weight from specific plants, I gave up keeping track of that back when the brain stuff became advanced. From then on, I had two values, Enough and Not Enough. I had to keep my options simple if I wanted to keep going. Oh and strong enough but I am lucky to be blessed with good genetics (gawd do I sound like anyone?) and have potent meds every time.
My ability to keep track of details has not improved…this is the best I could do…was grow pairs of strains, one normal and one trellised and compared the outputs of dried bud and there was no question…in fact it was that harvest that my wife said “screw growing normally, go 100% trellis” so here we are…
And to be CFB, I called this “side lighting” but in truth, the light this puts out will be to what are known as “tops” that grow side-ways…what else to call it?