Maui Wowie Baby Needs Help

First grow and looks like an issue with our little Maui Wowie lady. We also have Green crack with it and the GC is doing great. Any ideas on possible issue? Have a couple hunchies, but we’re so new that we’re just all ears.

6 Likes

I’m not sure but it looks like Tobacco Mosaic Virus (TMV) to me. I have only seen pictures of it, pluck the leaves that have that look.

4 Likes

Thank you. I’ll look into it that. It’s our first go around. We’re running a supercloset with the superponics, lotus nutes, PH has been between 5.5 to 6.2. Water temp chiller regulated at 68 degrees. We added a little calmag as we were first concerned with maybe a little cal deficiency. We’ve already removed the first set of leaves and its been coming from the bottom up.

5 Likes
5 Likes

We’re starting to fear the worst for it. Hopefully the GC doesn’t get it.

3 Likes

Hello and welcome to the Growers Network Family. We are very glad you are here with us now. You couldn’t come at a better time. The community will help you out with any questions they can answer.

This is a support ticket. Copy and paste it to your thread and fill it out to the best of your abilities.

Grow Journal Check List

Seedbank:
Strain (bagseed too):
Indoor, outdoor:
Tent, Room Size:
Lighting:
Light height:
Temps (day and night):
Relative Humidity (day and night) :
Added Air (fans, portable acs, heaters, dehumidifiers) :
Ventilation:
Pot sizes:
Soil, Coco, or Dwc:
Nutrient type:
Ph numbers:
Ec and PPM:
Water Temps:
Co2:

Seed germination date:
Veg duration:
Nutrient cycles (how often feed/water):

9 Likes

Well GC is the last one left… Hopefully it didn’t catch the sickness. 21 days since germination began.

5 Likes

Thank you! Saved the ticket format and ready to go for next time! Quess we did kinda come in with very limited info.

5 Likes

So a little update… The maui wowie baby had to go. The GC is going pretty strong though considering all they’ve been through. 25 days since germination.

Full water change. 15 gals @ temp 70 and chilled to keep at 69. Lotus nutes “grow” + “Cal/Mag” + “silica blast” at week 1 strength 960ppm H2O2 150ml for 15 Gal H2O.

Struggled for a bit… now exploding.

24 hr on lights temp 80-85 pretty consistent 50-55% humidity. Kind x330 led at 50% approx 16 from canopy. Not hot with hand test.

2 micro exhast fans. No CO2.

Any advice?

4 Likes

Sounds good so far. Why are you running 24h lighting though, may i ask?

4 Likes

Being our first grow we did a lot of research and reading beforehand and we chose 24 on due to preflower risk and because we wanted to just pump this one out. Hindsite we listened to another grower explain that the rest stage (maybe “dark stage” forgot the term) is important for the plant. As in all living things need rest to recoupe and literally rest (hormones, growth, ect…). Next time around we’re thinking a 20 on 4 off schedule. What’s your opinion?

3 Likes

I run the gas lantern routine. Its basically 12 on and 1 hour on , in the middle of my off cycle. It saves a tremendous amount on energy costs. It also saves lights from wearing out as fast. @PreyBird1 runs this as well.

4 Likes

Looks good. I do not know hydro, so in general less is better. You are almost to node four, so if u plan to top or FIM, thats the time to start. In soil, seedlings don’t get kore than topsoil until node four. For me anyways.

5 Likes

I was tempted to try, but saw possible potency loss. My whole tent going has increased the electric bill $140ish. My girl also likes it at 71. It just got cold here, like actual freeze/frost. Im thinking about putting up kiddie gate and blackout curtain, to allow extra heat to circulate the whole house. And reek like reefer.

4 Likes

Don’t belive everything that you read. Beck lol.

The herb i make is far too strong for most. Look at Preys work too. It works wonderfully.

This light scheduling / recipe is from the dutch tulip trade. It a very interesting subject.

These plants are pretty awesome. They will take pretty much anything you throw at them with control and consistency. There’s no wrong way. Interestingly enough.

5 Likes

“Baby if the blunt smokes, u won”

5 Likes

We’ll have to check that routine out! Sounds interesting and we’ll be reading up on that.

2 Likes

Update… We topped her last night. Maybe a little concern with our nute concentration? We noticed a rise in ppm/ec and rising ph about +0.3 per day as well. A few dark spots on lowest fan leaves too.

Maybe over feeding?

15 gal system changed out 3 gal last night and 2 gal today with nute free ro water (0 ppm) ph lower than res to help bring down ph.

Starting ph 6.2 Ec of 2.0 and 990ppm

3 gals brought down Ec to 1.7 and 820ppm

2 gals brought down Ec to 1.5 and 730ppm

CURRENTLY PH 6.0 EC 1.5 & 730ppm

Lotus nutes+Cal/mag+Silica Blast and every 3rd day adding 170ml H202 (Sterile System).

My lady and I are totally new to this so we’re seriously all ears and thank you everyone for the knowledge and advice!

These are the spots that bring us a little concern.

3 Likes

Maybe the light is too close? Or set too high? Just a guess. Ive only done hydro once so idk about the nutrition. But still, get a photon reader app for your phone. Its a tool i find really useful to get my lighting right were it needs to be. Measures intensity and even the daily usable energy. If you haven’t already!

4 Likes

is this your nute line?

3 Likes