Maui Wowie Baby Needs Help

When i started using the GLR lighting technique. I fucked up and revegged 39 plants lol it was a freaking mess. And just so you know i use another version of the this lighting technique on seedlings and ive been able to achieve 6 nodes in under 24" also i use a high par number. But i max 44 watts but i control the intensity by height of the light. Since the light i use had almost zero heat i can put the light .5"-1" above the seedlings. And i expose my seedlings to u.v. the second they hit open air. I prefer to grow outside, i started growing outdoors but im forced to grow inside due to laws here.

5 Likes

That leaf looks like it has leaf septoria or calcium deficiency can’t really tell because they look similar. Here is something to read on the subject. I am suspecting it is a calcium deficiency if you didn’t use cal/mag at the beginning of grow in your hydroponic setup.

3 Likes

Yes. The feeding schedule is a tad different for our system though. Plants have as this morning appear to have resumed a more active feeding ppm/ec going down and a slight rise in ph with the nutes diluted from there suggested schedule.

Is there anything you feel is missing?

We are on week 2 but cut back drastically.

2 Likes

We didn’t start with cal/mag. We’ll try maybe a light cal/mag foliar spray?

2 Likes

Okay! We’re waiting on a trolmaster tent controller with the light sensor to arrive and waiting for the light controller to get back in stock. So that will help thank you! Downloaded the app too. So we’ll have to utilize that.

3 Likes

Shit okay! This is really interesting! What kind of lights do you run? Whats your uv schedule?

2 Likes

I would remove the damage leaves and add the Cal-mag to the reservoir. I’m not sure, but applying nutrients as a foliar may kill your plants, nutrients need to be taken up from the roots. If it’s septoria you could try this, Mix 1 tbls Hydrogen Peroxide in 8 oz of distilled water and spray the whole plant down at lights out. Repeat as needed. If you have hypochlorous acid I would fog the plant and your grow area with it at lights out. @TheMadFlascher would probably be better in identifying what the problem is.

3 Likes

Sorry to be late to the party…just quickly reading through this thread and believe I see an issue.
Is this hydrogen peroxide 3% solution ??

170ml is 5.74 ounces…SO if I’m reading this right, you’re telling me you add almost 6 ounces of hydrogen peroxide to 15 gals of water/nutrient solution and you’re adding this H2O2 every THREE DAYS?? That seems extremely excessive to me…

@Slym3r weren’t you adding 1/2ml hypochlorous acid per GALLON in your Hydro system???
I believe @acoupleofleaves would be much better off utilizing hypochlorous acid here…

Sorry if I misconstrued something here…but that’s how I read it…

4 Likes

Ummm @TheMadFlascher … you’re 1000% right lol. Yeah… so we figured the h2o2 would just turn in to oxygen and would benifit us. Yeah… so thats way to much and can be causing harm?

Also looking into hypochlorous acid right now. Thank you.

What would the excess h2o2 cause? Out of curiosity. I’ve read about people using more and being total rookies we thought we we’re being conservative lmao.

Edit… my bad the h2o2 is a 3% food grade solution

4 Likes

Hey, it’s tough getting started on the right foot growing cannabis!
Lot’s of advice out there, but you never know if your advisors actually know their ass from a hole in the ground !!

Here’s a link to the most cost effective hypochlorous acid out there…
Amazon.com: HypoCleanse - Multi-Cleanse - Hypochlorous Acid 500ppm - Professional Strength - 1 Gallon : Health & Household

You will get some good recs from @Slym3r when he gets here…
Also, this is the BEST Fungicide available and you’ll have plenty left over to control any WPM, Septoria, or Alternaria should the problem arise…

Sure, at the concentration you were using H2O2 it becomes a very strong oxidizer and will definitely impact your root’s ability to properly metabolize nutrients…

I did an article here and many members contributed…you may want to take a look at it when you’re bored !

5 Likes

From what I know, Hydrogen peroxide IS used for two things in cannabis, and actually Hypochlorous Acid
(HOCL) is more effective when dealing with both…

1. Dilute concentrations used to treat fungus/bacterial infection.
  2. As the first rinse when doing a bud wash.

I honestly don’t know of any usage of H2O2 at the concentrations you have mentioned…but hey, there may be something I’m unaware of.

5 Likes

Thank you so much! My lady and I are working our way through the artical and are about to order some!

4 Likes

Sounds good. I definitely recommend the hypochlorous acid. Maybe not using the h202.

3 Likes

Day 29!!! We love the fact this is like a group effort now lol! Thank you all so much! We’ll be getting there!

We removed two affected fan leaves. This is one of them.

5 Likes

Yup, that’s really interesting ! You see those purple veins working up the stem?!!!
That indicates a phosphorous deficiency and it had absolutely NOTHING to do with your nutrients or their concentration at all!

That concentration of H2O2 was indeed having a very adverse effect on your root’s ability to metabolize your nutrients…Sometimes new growers will jump to conclusions and start throwing more calmag, veg nutes, whatever and only make the problems worse !

The TWO main things you need to watch and eliminate most of your problems are pH and EC.
Buy GOOD QUALITY meters…they pay for themselves multiple times over !

You want to base your grow on judgements made with a $7 pH meter? Be prepared for frustration, agony, bitter disappointment, and a waste of a LOT of MONEY!

You and mom sound pretty articulate, and there are MANY experienced and quality growers here to help you out…provide us with a little accurate info and we’ll get you through!
Bob

4 Likes

Thank you!

Please correct me if wrong… Just trying to check our own thought process…

Here’s our plan of attack. No more h2o2. Awaiting hypochlorous acid for any future needs. We saw a slight increase in ec/ppm from 1.5 to 1.6 EC and from 710 to 730 ppm. Ph has been rising .2 per day too. So we’re going to let her be until we see a decrease in ec/ppm. No nutes, no silica, nothing but light. Just give her some time to heal. Once we see those dropping we’ll increase EC via nutes, cal/mag and silica blast to 0.2 and see how quickly she starts feeding and adjust as needed.

@Slym3r @nacho151 @TheMadFlascher we’re going to be combing through the hypochlorous acid post. How often to you add 2.5ml per gal (if i recall right) to the tank to keep it sterile?

We’re investing in the constant ph/ec probes and setup from trolmaster to go with the tent controller and will be redundancy checking with bluelab meters.

Thanks for all the knowledge! We appreciate you all!

4 Likes

I change all fertigation once a week. My system would drink .2 every 2-3 days. Its best to drain the entirety and start fresh each week. One doesnt know what is in the .2 its drinking so replacing with a fresh .2 of all nutes gives the plant a bit more of stuff it didnt drink and only a tad of what it did. Its better to start new and let it choose what to uptake.

4 Likes

@Slym3r Okay! Yes we’ve been doing weekly changeouts (and at the same time murdering her with h2o2). So instead of waiting for our change date we’ll do that today.

Thanks for opening our eyes to the fact that we really don’t know exactly what she’s eating! Maybe she’s eatting more N than usual and just adding .2 would lead to a N deficite over time. It makes so much sense and we completely overlooked it.

To be clear the .2 you’re referring to is EC correct?

We’ll pick back up our feeding schedule to week 2. Does this sound wise?

Also do you add the hypochlorous acid weekly with the changeout and is it at that 2.5ml per gal (if i recall right)?

4 Likes

With the nutes, i would add it.

4 Likes

Your observations are consistent with normal plant growth!
Your EC will normally increase as your plants remove water (normal transpiration) less water=higher salt concentration(EC). pH will also fluctuate depending on the nutrient cations/anions removed (Nitrates,sulfates,phosphate removal by your plants will increase the remaining solution pH)

That 2.5ml/gal HClO will keep your system sterile for the week. If you so desire, you can add R/O water to your system during the week to help keep your EC stable.

Slym3r is absolutely correct…changing the nutrient solution once per week should keep your girls happy. Once a week nutrient changes also allow you to slowly increase your nutrient EC as plant growth continues through the grow.

5 Likes