Missouri Voters Approve Recreational Marijuana Last Night

19 Likes
8 Likes

sadly enough, when medical was passed in Missouri, you had to had your grow facility build BEFORE they’d grant you a license to grow. That meant the licenses were going to the money people and biug businesses. I reckon rec will be the same way

9 Likes

Bittersweet is how I feel about it. Happy that the horrific devastation of the drug war is coming to an end but I will never forgive the damage done. Too much corruption out there so I just grow my own and stay in my lane. There is not a dispensary in the state that can convince me they sell better weed.

16 Likes

And that is how it is. well said.

While this year’s midterm elections may not have been a ‘clean sweep’ for reform advocates, our momentum continues unabated. Are we in a stronger place today than we were yesterday? Of course we are. Two more states, Maryland and Missouri, have wisely elected to legalize and regulate cannabis — policies that will expand the freedoms and civil liberties of over 7 million Americans. In addition, voters in cities across this country — including over 400,000 Texans — acted to end the senseless and counterproductive policy of arresting and prosecuting those who possess and use cannabis.

Maryland Becomes 20th State to Legalize Marijuana for Adult Use

Maryland voters approved Question 4, directing state lawmakers to establish rules and regulations governing the production and sale of cannabis to adults. By approving Question 4, voters also triggered the enactment of separate, complementary legislation defining marijuana possession limits and facilitating the automatic review and expungement of low-level cannabis convictions. Adults 21 and older will be legally permitted to possess up to 1.5 ounces of cannabis and/or 12 grams of cannabis concentrates beginning in July 2023 and will also be permitted to grow up to two cannabis plants in their homes for their own personal use. Those with past records for marijuana-related crimes can also begin petitioning the courts for expungement relief beginning next year.

Missouri Becomes 21st State to Legalize Marijuana for Adult Use

In Missouri, voters decided in favor of Amendment 3, legalizing the possession, cultivation, and licensed retail sale of cannabis for those ages 21 and older. Beginning on December 8, 2022, adults will be permitted to possess up to three ounces of cannabis and to home-cultivate up to six flowering plants, six immature plants, and six plants under 14 inches for their own personal use. It also establishes a program to automatically review and expunge criminal records for eligible non-violent marijuana-related marijuana offenses. The measure seeks to broaden participation in the licensed marijuana marketplace and makes improvements to the state’s medical cannabis program.

Texas Cities Move to Depenalize Marijuana Possession

Voters in the Texas cities of Denton, Elgin, Harker Heights, Killeen, and San Marcos all voted in support of municipal measures that largely prohibit local police officers from either arresting or citing people for Class A or Class B marijuana misdemeanors. Over 400,000 Texans reside in those cities.

Ohio

Voters in five Ohio cities — totaling some 30,000 people — similarly passed ballot measures either reducing or eliminating local marijuana possession penalties. Those towns include Corning, Helena, Kent, Laurelville, Rushville, and Shawnee.

Source: norml.org

11 Likes

More good news!

7 Likes

Feel good story about WWII Vet!

7 Likes
3 Likes

WA has some pretty shit cannabis legislation but you don’t see me flying back to The Ozarks. It’s chaos down there. Cookies buying up all they can, repackaging stepped on flower, pesticides, it’s all corporate bullshit first. Work for yourself or people you actually know. Grow at home. :call_me_hand::fu:

9 Likes
5 Likes
5 Likes

Marijuana Operator. Is that a thing?

6 Likes

Lol! Seems to be here!

5 Likes

Recreational sure makes it convenient when your traveling. But recreational put a end to the small batch farmers here in Cali . The huge commercial grows have drove prices to the point there is no value . The new breed in Cali are single lights in hobby grows growing premium personal stash . I’ve heard rumors of $500 pounds . Your only option now is to sun grow premium lawyer bud . Small batch premium smoke on a 1-2 lighter is the sweet spot in Cali now .
I miss the medical days !!!

6 Likes

GREAT NEWS !!! the “snow-ball” is getting bigger every year. AS soon as the Federal Goverment (congress) Passe’s the SAFE BANKING ACT which will allow banks to receive money from dispenseries and therefore this will remove Marijuana from a schedule I list and therefor making it Federally legal THEN more states will go legal – money isn’t the driving force therefore this will happen

6 Likes

Great. I think this is happening now because cash is all going digital and the banks are closing.

4 Likes

heard that some states are considering legalization both parties (Dem/Rep) are realizing how much money can be made, The money that each legal state have made this years is close to $1,000,000

4 Likes

I think they knew that already. Their has to be a bigger aganda here than the money. I’m thinking to control us.

4 Likes

Actually the U.S. Government makes more money by not legalizing it at the federal level due to tax laws. Commercial growers and dispensaries can’t take tax deductions for business expenses and have to pay taxes on every dollar they make. When they figure out how to make more money from allowing business tax exemptions, then it will probably become legal at the federal level. This is my opinion at the moment!

5 Likes

Theyre just repeating what they took away before when hemp was popular all over the world. Now they will use it to push the digital money agenda while everyone is stoned and happy and its medical value will not knock out big pharm.

The home growers make this even easier for them to achieve it for you won’t be able to sell and put the money in your bank that way neither. The seeds the government are planting will force weed to go back underground again. No-pun intented. Its just how its unrivaling and talk about timing. This is only temporary before it all crashes.

3 Likes