Molasses use during flush

So I have been reading molasses is good to use during flush. But my question I am growing in cocco will i still get the benefit from using molasses during my flush. And if I do am I right in the timing of when to use and how much

1 Like

Hey @docee! I grow in coco and I’ve used molasses in the past because they claim it will increases the terpenes in your flower, thus improving taste, smell and of course a high resin concentration due to its binding nature already. I’ve come to find that when my plants are growing well there’s no need for molasses. The same with hardener, in my experience. When things are going well my plants are super dense without it.

So I say all that to say this, molasses won’t supplement an ongoing issue (not saying you have one). However, you may see a SLIGHT difference in the overall taste and stickiness of the buds.

Give it a shot though and see how it works for you.
, if you’re curious about it. Your experience may be different. If nothing else, it won’t hurt your plants and you’re right in your timing as far as using it while you flush at the end. Be aware that once adding it, it will drive your PH WAY down so be mindful of that, also. I use to add 10ml per gallon.

5 Likes

@tax thanks for the honesty… and the heads up about the pH … so I probably should put in before any type I’d pH buffer

4 Likes

I run coconut water (for my sugars) once every 11 days supplementing the other 2 tea days I have from seed to harvest… but I am in living soil and since I have gone to this method there are no nutes just awesome organic bud…

7 Likes

Absolutely! I hope this helps!

It won’t matter, necessarily, when you add it. You’ll just want to be aware that if you plan to flush with water PH’d at 7.0 it will drop that down to about 5.7 or so. I think that’s what you were asking. I’ve also added it to my nutes a week before my flush. I just made that the last thing I added. Yet in still, the PH will plummet once adding it. Best of luck! If you try it out, I’d be curious to see how it went for you.

3 Likes

I use alkaline water when I mix up my nutes… It’s higher pH but after adding nutes and such it’ll drop it down to about 7 or 8 may need to pH down a bit to get the pH you like

1 Like

Try using plain our oh water pH in your preferred 6.3 or Sweet spot for soil with enzymes only

2 Likes

You must be a mind reader, I was food shopping today and seen this

I have read some people use it thru the entire grow, others just in flower, others again the last 14 days before chop, I’ve never used it and was curious.

5 Likes

@piper I must be … what makes it even better is the wife walked in and handed me a jar of grandmas…
Wife:do you need this
Me: maybe how did you know
Wife: mic drop motion and walks out of the grow room

4 Likes

Royal Knight Ag provides organic cert dextrose in most formulas and I’m launching a flush product based off molasses, sucrose and dextrose . It works great !!
Produces more taste and terps. Made in USA
25 lb / 100 lb containers
Blended with microbes

If anyone interested please message me

2 Likes

This is the RKAG Finish line program .

Launching 2020 Still to be named but now available for wholesale . Low rates works nice makes buds sticky

7 Likes

I’m going to have to try that one day @Ladithief. That living soil. I’m thinking when I attempt my first outdoor next spring. All the grows I’ve seen you guys post while doing that has come out :fire::fire::fire:

3 Likes

Molasses is great for your grow but what u want is unsulphured blackstrap molasses.

Although any type of molasses will normally contain some sulphur, some molasses made from sugar cane can have sulphur dioxide added, which is why it’s called sulphured. The sulphur dioxide acts as a preservative and an anti-microbial agent to keep the raw cane fresh until it is processed. Sulphur dioxide has a side effect that makes it unsuitable for our purpose it also kills the beneficial microorganisms in the soil.

There are also different types, or “grades”, of molasses, from lighter coloured molasses that is pure sugarcane syrup, to darker molasses and then blackstrap molasses which is denser and thicker than the other types. Blackstrap molasses has undergone multiple boiling and extraction processes, so that it has the highest concentration of vitamins, micro and macro elements. It is very rich in calcium, iron, magnesium, potassium and other valuable elements. That’s the stuff we want. And if u use it in a tea and bubble it you can see under a microscope that the beneficial microbes will double and triple overnight. Throw some mammoth p in with it and they will explode with growth.

4 Likes

@justgrowin I would use this during my flush right … or are you saying get it a soon as I walk into whole foods and use it … I’m in cocco

2 Likes

I use it throughout my entire grow for a lot more than just taste.

1 Like

Yeah, I use the coconut water to feed my microbes and get sugars involved… I find the molecules smaller in coconut water so in my opinion easier to uptake…I have had people preach both coconut and molasses but haven’t found someone that will tell both work the same…lol…

4 Likes

Hi brix molasses is better than black strap more appropriate amino acids and better brix levels.i use it to brew my teas and thru flower.not the best on toast tho, ill use the black strap for that;)

5 Likes

@Ladithief so you are saying you use coconut water in place of molasses
@hoppiefrog so the fact that you say tea tells me you are in live soil?

1 Like

No just pro mix but teas are great for l.s.as well and coco id imagine

1 Like

I got some pro mix too to replace my contaminated soil.
Do you have any feeding suggestion?
Or does it auto release some nutes by itself?

1 Like