šŸ’ MONKEY BUSINESS Grow Journal Space Journey & Experience

DAY 11 after transplant

Plants have been getting CannaĀ® Terra Vega, Rhizotonic and Cannazym mixed in distilled water that I topped with CalMag to an EC of 0.4 Ī¼S/cm., total EC for the feeding mixture in the end is 1.3 Ī¼S/cm.

They also were treated with @TheMadFlascherā€™s BudBusterProĀ®

• 1st application on 03/18 (5 days after I cut them, no root development visible yet)
  • 2nd application on 03/27 (4 days after transplant, when I noticed they were starting to push new leaves/growth. CROP CONSONANCE CORP, INC. recommends to start treating your plants with a first application at this point. I started a bit earlier as mentioned, to see what happens.)
  • I will do the 3rd application on 04/05, 9 days after the second.

Hereā€™s what they look like now:

I notice that they ask for more nutrients than normally, due to the BBP applications. I now fed 1:1 of what the nutrient brand prescribes. Usually I start with 1:2 of that. Last feeding I gave em even 30% more and they seem to like it well.

16 Likes

Looking good in your neighborhood @MrMonkey420!

8 Likes

Those are some luscious green plants!

9 Likes

I like the Canna nutrients. Nice and stable. I had a chat with the founder, Peter at Cannafest last edition, and he really knows what he is talking about. Very down to earth, no BS. Scientific, coming with studies and results. I like that. They have a very interesting grow section on their website as well.

And that extra lushness is definitely a result of the BudBusterPro. Plants love it!!!

10 Likes

I always use bigger than solo cupst too. Mainly for my own convience, the moisture stays better longer and more consistent. They look great, as soon as I find my favorite ass kicker, Iā€™m gonna clone. The OKC came close on potency, but it didnā€™t make much to fluffy.

Guess I need to try some Barneyā€™s farm seeds again. 20 years ago they were my favorite provider, then a couple of bad experiences with quality and I quit buying from them.

Need to get another bag of popcornā€¦lol

Marty

7 Likes

I have three sets of Canna nutes, just have never used them. Got them in the middle of a grow and then just never started using them at all. I watched their video and the relationship chemically between their nutes and their coco.

Are you using pure Canna coco with their nutes? They look fantastic and just the perfect green color.

Marty

7 Likes

Did the okc and crescendo good stuff, like you im looking for that

KO

12 Likes

Just wanted to mention if anyone is interested in learning more about plant structures and physiology ,
the best place to start is BOTANY.
If you can find a used college textbook on BOTANY, it can be a valuable reference for you!
Bob

9 Likes

A lot of the plants space this way due to sunlight like being vertical like you said @TheMadFlascher its so the plants flowers get even sunlight. There is a teick to where you can trim some of the node off on one side and creat a flat plant and grow against a wall. Buy removing the other oppsing/facing nodes. Always something interesting to so with these plants.

8 Likes

No Iā€™m growing in a lightmix soil from BioBizz (also love their nutrient line btw, has worked great in the past), so Iā€™m on Cannaā€™s Terra lineā€¦

7 Likes

Sorry thatā€™s right you told me that before. I know that Canna of course promotes only using their pure coco with nothing in it with their nutrients. Itā€™s kinda funny cause on their own site they have little plants in starter cups with pearlite in the coco lol.

Marty

9 Likes

I drove to Maastricht, NL to a growshop over there to buy a new set of 7" monkey fans for the 4x2 tent.
Last ones died after only 6 months. Those things are pretty crappy ey, I can hardly do a year with emā€¦ then the motor dies.

But thatā€™s not the worst thing, I ordered two of an online growshop here, and look what I got:

:dizzy_face: :dizzy_face: :exploding_head:

Unbelievable! They just sent me 2 completely busted fans!

DAY 17 after transplant hereā€™s what the girls look like.

Prepared some babies for the outdoors guerilla-grow :stuck_out_tongue:

13 Likes

Not that it will help in time, but I have had for three grows now a little pole fan that I got from Amazon the brand was Optimus. They are priced about the same as all of them $39 ish. But they have held up better than the name brand fans. I do take them apart and clean them each grow, and use a synthetic oil and lubercate the shaft each grow. Donā€™t know if you can get them and canā€™t vouch for them yet but AC Infinity just got their A6 fans in stock. 6" with 10 speeds. I just bought 3 of them yesterday. Donā€™t know if they ship across the pond. Sorry to hear about the bad product !!

Your grow looks great !

Marty

8 Likes

I have had 1 AC Infinity A6 fan for a couple of months now and I like it a lot so I bought some more yesterday to replace all the other fans in my tents.

10 Likes

Iā€™ll wait till 4/20ā€¦ theyā€™ll probably be on sale. I wouldnā€™t mind having two or three myselfā€¦:v:t3:

7 Likes

Iā€™m gonna leave two of the Optimus on the top of the tent blowing down on the three Durolux lights, and put the three ACā€™s on the poles. Those little Optimus are good little fans, but the clip on is made where they canā€™t be pointed exactly right once they are clipped on, and Iā€™ll have a couple of extraā€™s should something go out. Keep forgetting to get another tote from the dollar store to put all this crap in lol.

Marty

7 Likes

I like the active air fans. They last a couple years and only use 5 watts. I keep an inventory of them. I have 3 extras.

7 Likes

Cheers mate!

6 Likes

I found the competition they sell in Europe:

6 Likes

Hey Monkey Man!!!
You know when I see stuff like those broken fans, it really pisses me off!
You can always tell how a vendor or manufacturer feels about their customers by the way they pack their shipments!
Bubble wrap is cheaper than brown packing paperā€¦easily prevented issue but just too damn much effort!
BTW I want to COMMEND you on picking up on your plantā€™s nutrient demand quite early!
BBP will do that for you and lockout issues become more and more remote as you get those 2-3 first apps on !!! Good for you!!

11 Likes