šŸ’ MONKEY BUSINESS Grow Journal Space Journey & Experience

Well your doing something right ! They actually reccommend againt using a peat product, but it sure doesnā€™t seem like it is hurting your grow any !! Beautiful plants all.

Marty

5 Likes

After around a month to a month and a half, all my plants in veg start to do that. Iā€™m thinking that it is because I run so close to flower light. I grow under 16/8 not 18/4. So I think the plants get ready to flower under that light more so than if I ran longer light. Here is a shot of my tops (not clones) that are at day 51 in veg.

This is the biggest of the Candy storeā€™s and it has 4 tops. (had to top it twice) to slow it down.

DSC_01551

Marty

12 Likes

WARNING GRAPHIC CONTENT BELOW
This post contains images of a plant crime scene that some viewers might find disturbing

My fingers hurt AF from supercropping them. The stems are so hard and sturdy. I couldnā€™t bend a single branch without spliting the outer layer, no matter how hard I pinched and squished the stem. Anyone has had that as well? How to maintain nice green, softer stems?

The plant crime sceneā€¦ Some sick f*** broke everyoneā€™s legsā€¦

13 Likes

If youā€™re using some sort of silica additive, stop. That will help. :+1:t3:

9 Likes

Iā€™m not :frowning:

8 Likes

Look at him going:

10 Likes

Ok, so the plants were absolutely not happy after the supercrop massacre. I wonā€™t try to supercrop hard, sturdy stems anymore. Not just like this at least. It was extremely difficult to pinch the stems, and like I mentioned above: I just couldnā€™t bend them without splitting the outer layer of the stem. Sometimes they werenā€™t only just splitting but got completely screwed upā€¦ folding all the way

So I put em in a plaster and gave em crutches:

They are surviving now

But my question remains (I canā€™t be the only person who wanted to supercrop but couldnā€™t properly because of the hard stems)ā€¦ What to do next timeā€¦
I supercropped many times before without this issue.

13 Likes

Iā€™m glad they survived @MrMonkey420, and as for supercroping Iā€™m not much help on, havenā€™t done it, Iā€™ve only done some LST.

6 Likes

@Dforce
Thanks mate. Hope to still pull a few grams off of em instead of giving up. The problem is that the stems wonā€™t get very thick and fat anymore now, so Iā€™m not sure how that is going to affect bud development. Weā€™ll see it together.

7 Likes

I do remember back a bunch of years ago when I first start outdoors, I had a plant that was about 10ā€™ or so, and it was about 4ish weeks into flower, and I wanted to see the top, so I bent it over, and damit it snapped about a foot from the top. :rage:. So I taped it and boy did come back strong. So Iā€™m guessing yours will be fine. :100:

6 Likes

Looks good in there, theyā€™ll heal up. Did you hit em early with Silica? I find if I wait until Iā€™m 70% happy with the basic shape, before starting it, I leave myself some cooperative stem time.
I have a pair of duckbill pliers I put some silicone tubing on the pinchers, so I can squish/tenderize a bit harder than my fingers can handle and not blow out the stem.

8 Likes

No, they didnā€™t get any silica. Unless it is in one of the basic nutes I give the plants! Havenā€™t looked it up yet.

Great hack! I started using the back (handles) of my scissors as well in the end, because my fingers started to hurt bad :raising_hand_man: :rofl: Still the were blowing out tho/splitting. I donā€™t understand why they are so hardā€¦

7 Likes

So Iā€™m gonna say this and then tomorrow Iā€™m gonna have a plant broke in half on me butā€¦ Iā€™ve bent some awful big stuff and not had a break. It takes a little practice and a lot of breaking to figure it out but it can be done easy enough. The first word that comes to mind is patience. If itā€™s hurting my fingers Iā€™m not doing it right. First I bend them up and down 15 or 20 times slowly going a little more each time. If itā€™s a big branch and itā€™s gonna require a bigger bed and I will do this over a one and a half or 2 inch length of the branch. Then I do the same thing side to side. Mind you Iā€™m doing a very small spot at a time slowly working my way up and down the branch where Iā€™m going to bed then when itā€™s limp that way I do a twist clockwise and counterclockwise back-and-forth. Then itā€™s ready to bend. You can still get some small splits and cracks you can go all doctor on them and get out your aloe and all that shit or you can just throw a Band-Aid on it so it doesnā€™t dry out and let it heal naturally.

Oh yeah you mentioned that your branches are gonna be weaker because you bent them and broke them down and had to tape them. Make sure theyā€™re where you want them to be because they are going to knuckle up. They are gonna get very rigid and very strong and a lot thicker than you think everywhere that you broke themā€¦ :+1:t3::v:t3:

8 Likes

I had to look back at Waze on my journal. These are from beginning of September last year.

I actually got splits and some of these big knuckles pretty badly when I did this and I had ants move inside the stock and start colonizing. I got DE and sprinkled it inside and that took care of the problem and it all grew back to where you see it. :+1:t3::v:t3:

11 Likes

Thanks a lot hap!!! Will try to take more time lol.

Yep, throw some band-aid one em, thatā€™s what I usually do. And the knuckles, thatā€™s also what I do it for! Phytohormones causing a stressreaction and a grow superboost as a result, after the crop.
I was just a bit concerned/wondering because Iā€™ve never snapped + folded them as bad as nowā€¦Literally folded close, like when you fold a platic straw in half :sweat_smile: I know they can endure A LOT tho, theyā€™re super powered plants for sure.

10 Likes

I believe I will flip em soon as well. Clean up the skirts and go.

7 Likes

We all need a little help from time to timeā€¦just ask my 71 yo body lol. No splints yet but probably not far off heheh.

Marty

8 Likes

Hahahah Marty. Cā€™mon, I dare you are still a strong 'ol buck! Ready to kick some ass when necessary! :stuck_out_tongue: Man the stories you told about Jamaica, decades ago. Captures my imagination! Hell, I wish I was there, sharing a spliff with you and mr. Rastafari!

6 Likes

Compaired to a lot of people I probably am doing pretty good, still ride a motorcycle, still garden and other than some pain get around pretty good. It is just life. Canā€™t really complain.

Marty

8 Likes

We should try to gather then one day soon. I need to visit the states. Want to. Should get a bunch of yous from the forum here get together somewhere central for a day or 2 and have a wild time! Iā€™m thinking bbq, campfires, beers (or water if you like), laughs, talks, and many many Mary Janes!

7 Likes