Moving indoor to oudoor

Hey guys I wanted to ask you about moving my plant outdoors (almost 3 weeks old).
My first intention was to grow outdoors, because I don’t have the equipment for indoor, so I went with LED lights that I got at home and the plant seems to be growing just fine (never have I imagined that it would be thriving that well with that little), so I am not sure if I want to interrupt that :grimacing:
I wanted to let it grow a bit so it gets stronger for outdoors, and now the weather seems to be getting better and by the forecast it seems that its gonna be shinning (or a bit cloudy) most of the times. I live in the middle of Europe so the weather is best somewhere in july, but thats a far away. In may it should be around 18-23 celsius, tho in the night bellow 10, similar to june the temperatures will be around 20-26 and in the night around 12 - so ofc I would be moving her inside for the night.
So I am not sure whether I should wait (but I am afraid how long until the lights aren’t sufficient) or if I should move her partly or for a whole day. :thinking:
Appreciate your help :pray:
@kapouic @oldguy @hoppiefrog @piper @Budstone

3 Likes

Hey @jardinero I am out of the loop for growing outdoors (1970’s)

@Ladithief grows monsters outdoors, maybe he can chime in

Sorry if I missed anyone else that grows outdoors, I just woke up, first cup of coffee :wink:

4 Likes

I do a little bit outdoors. But I am far from the authority on it. I know that you have to acclimate them to the outside before leaving them there for good.
I put mine out a couple of hours every day and I slowly increase the time I leave them outside. If the weather is good, usually after about a week, if my plants are happy, then I transfer them permanently outside.
But the biggest thing to watch for is harvest… Calculate how long your plants will need to mature and flower properly and be sure that when the times come it’s not too wet outside (rain and shitty weather).
Too much rain and crappy weather at the end may cause some bud rot…
That’s about all I know for sure of growing outside… :crazy_face:

4 Likes

Oh well the length of day is a problem, here it starts to shorten in august so that is too far :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: so from what I have read I will need to force it and move it in and out. Tho there isnt much information about this on the internet :thinking:
Maybe I could (now) move it partly to shady place and day by day increase exposure of the sun, but also let it indoor when the weather is worse, could that work ? Or would it be contraproductive since the plant would be in a shock ?

2 Likes

@jardinero. When I put my plants out they stay out till harvest.
I use 25 -30 gal pots and they’re just too big to shuffle back and forth. But many people move their plants under cover for crappy weather.
As for forcing flowering before august then they will need 12 hrs of uninterrupted darkness to get and keep them flowering until the day length starts to shorten.
For me it’s Much easier to grow an auto flower or something bred for a shorter grow season.
:v::sunglasses:

6 Likes

alright ty :slightly_smiling_face: I wont stress her so much and wait a bit and then with a better weather will put her outdoor.

3 Likes

It’s not that hard at all… as soon as the nights are constantly 65ish and nights 50 put them outside and harden them off by moving them from sun to shade through out the day…if the night looks cold I just put them in my garage and don’t worry about lighting… in about 5-7 days they will take full sun for all day… don’t worry about interrupting the lighting schedule…and where I am in Canada they start flowering end of July and by Aug 7-14 you can see obvious buds… I cannot flower anything over a 10 week flowering strain as I risk snow or mass frost… I let frost hit all my purple strains… it turn the buds to a beautiful purple… I am hoping my black diesel blackens out nicely…

3 Likes

Well so that means that I can start training it now for the outdoors since it will be constant 18+ celsius (65+), tho is it really ok if the nights are only 50 ? I have read somewhere that below 12 (54) its harmful :smiley:
With the light schedule its different here. Here it would start to flower in september.
Still I am afraid that the growth will slow or that something will happen to her when I start putting her outdoor :sweat:

…lol… outdoor plants can be beasts… trust me I am an outdoor grower 100% I get 7-10lbs average outdoors… sometimes more…lol…

1 Like

Follow this thread of mine… it is a living soil outdoor grow about to get ramping up…

1 Like

:open_mouth: :open_mouth: oh alright, will definitely move her outdoor :joy:
thx I will read it :joy: kinda got addicted to reading anything about growing :joy: :joy:

2 Likes