Mud's Perpetual Grow

It’s been like top 40 radio around my place lately. Nothing but hits. :sweat_smile::expressionless::man_shrugging:

12 Likes

Still no new kids, but I’m sure they’re down there.

Today you get special insight into how I “hunt” for breeding. Pheno hunting is tough in a 2½x5 space so basically every grow is a hunt. When I find a male that impresses me, I collect as much pollen as I can and store it. When I find a female that impresses me, they get some of that pollen. If the mom doesn’t turn out the way I expected, those beans either get put on the back burner to be hunted when I have more space or tossed. If I’m happy with the mom, I’ll test the F1s or send out beans to a tester ( @OlyBoy is my first official tester and did a great job with my Interstate Killer auto). Depending on feedback from testers, I’ll either release F1s or sideline it to F2. I plan on at least F2-ing most of my strains before releasing them though.

Chunkadelic from Humboldt Seeds has impressed the hell out of me so far. Yeah, she’s uneven, but that’s almost entirely due to damage from the light. So last night she got her biggest cleanup (inner fans and sucker branches) and a big feeding and this morning she got some Lights Out Larry pollen. This strain will be named Cyclops Saucerman after a painting by Larry Carlson. It will be an indica heavy hybrid auto reg.

All the girls missed the last 2 applications of BBP because of the light crash. The crash happened the day they were supposed to get an application and I wanted to give them a little time to recover, but I’ll be continuing that soon and using it on the new kids as soon as they’re old enough. Chunk will be getting increased nutes from here out.

16 Likes

Did you come up with the name Chunkadelic? I just love that name!

Sorry about your light crash, that just sounds horrific! Glad the two girls made it thru that!

8 Likes

Humboldt Seed Company gets that credit. Looks like it will be fitting. She’s looking like she’ll be chunky.

10 Likes

Phase 2 - Day 1:
3 of the 5 new kids are up.

2 Blue Crew Genetics Double Bubblegum

1 RocBudInc Kong Breath

The Blue Dream x Bubblegum haven’t popped up yet. I’ll give them a little more time.

20 Likes

Nice watching as usual! Good to see ya mud.

9 Likes

What’s up birdman? Been a lot going on around my place. Been a fight just make myself take care of them some days, much less keep up with posting on multiple sites, but I’m determined to shake the funk. I think I’ll perk up when phase 1 starts fattening up.

11 Likes

Eye on the prize chunkmiester!! Eye ON the PRIZE! :trophy:
:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::+1::smiling_imp:

7 Likes

Day 41: Here’s a closer look at what’s left of Vanilla Latte. She ended up with 5 tops, but she’s doing her best to make the most of them. I rearranged my grow again to make it easier to get to the big girls and get VL and Chunk farther from the lights. I think they’re light stressed/bleached.

15 Likes

Which is better than “light crushed” :joy:

10 Likes

TRUE! :laughing:

(Post must be at least 10 characters…)

9 Likes

What up with that odd looking pinky toe homie.? :joy:

6 Likes

:laughing: It’s just short… :man_shrugging:

5 Likes

Looks like it could use some red or black nail polish there!

8 Likes

You guys are tough! Didn’t even we your Hoofs @mudman . I was busy looking as some nice looking girls getting their adult parts😍.

3 Likes

Black to match my heart… :smiling_imp::laughing:

5 Likes

Day 43 for what’s left of the unhappy Ethos Inzane. 27 days since showing sex.

This is what she gives me at 400-550ppm. Leaves look splotchy, like she’s wanting more, but they’re clawing and showing tip burn. Despite being one of the ugliest plants I’ve ever grown, she’s frosting up well. :man_shrugging: I’ll give it another try in a future run. Zaney was snapped off at the 4th node. One 4th node branch survived, so she has 7 tops.

Day 5 for phase 2. Everyone is looking great other than one burned tip on a Double Bubblegum. I didn’t have any luck germinating the Blue Dream x Bubblegum in soil, so I’m going to try germinating a couple in paper towels.

11 Likes

I’m curious about 2 plants in one pot? Is it because it’s Double Bubblegum?

5 Likes

They’re reg autos. Doubling my odds of getting a female.

8 Likes

Wait I’m confused… I thought all autos were fem. Dang I’m retarded! :joy:

8 Likes