MW's 1st Grow Journal

I have asked a lot of questions and gotten a lot of help here. I figured it was time to do a journal of my own.

I started growing a couple of years ago with seeds and advice from a friend that grows up in Alaska. What work pretty well for him just gave me little tiny Bonsai pot trees with a few little buds. That was enough encouragement to get me wanting more and better.

So started watching YouTube videos and read a bunch of grow journals. That is how I found this site!
Finally MLB asked me if I was going to actually going to growing anything again or just live vicariously through others. So I started copying what GreenGene does. His grows looked good to me, he explains things well (gets a little wordy but thats ok) and he doesn’t hide his mistakes or issues.

So I am in 3 gallon fabric pots with Pro Mix, feeding Jack’s 321 with a hydrolock watering system under a Mars Hydro TS3000 light.

14 Likes

I have 2 Cheese Quakes, 2 Harlequins and a Sleeping Beauty. Just flipped to flower yesterday so this is day 1. I just gave Super-cropping a try. It was hard at first to intentionally hurt one of my girls but I did it to one top and it worked great. I have done a couple more tops since then with good results. Also did a couple tops and a couple of FIMs.

Just learning and having fun.

5 Likes

7 Likes

Welcome to GN!!!

Plants and set up are great!!..:+1::+1:

1 Like

Wow those look great, I gotta make myself trim the bottoms like that, I just hate to cut off bud lol. That is only one day of flower? They look like about a week.

1 Like

Thanks @OltimeGrower. I appreciate it.

2 Likes

I appreciate it @sssportsmfg. I flipped from 18/6 to 12/12 slowly over a week. I think they liked it.

2 Likes

And here I was about to call you MR GREENJEANS ROFL…I wondered if you did something different than just 12/12. Makes sense…I’ve been thinking about doing that for years…just seems more natural.

1 Like

So I learned 2 things.

#1 Don’t buy cheap trellis nets. They fray if you look at them wrong. There are legitimate places to be thrifty but the net isn’t one of them.

#2 Figure out if I will need to rehang the light for increased clearance BEFORE you put your cheap-azz trellis net up and your babies grow up through it! I am going to need every inch of height I can get and am not excited about working high above the girls.

3 Likes

Solid advice on both, but especially this one.

Love my Jack’s! Foot cones everywhere . Good luck.

2 Likes

Day 5 of flower

Starting to get a few hairs

Tried a little super-cropping.

I talk to them a lot. So far so good. Keeping an eye out for bugs & mold.

5 Likes

Tragedy in the grow room. My only Sleeping Beauty has hermied I believe and one of the Cheese Quakes may have as well.

So do I hack them out asap??!?! or look forward to some Harlequin Beauty and Sleeping Cheese?

What do ya think?

2 Likes

Trash it brother…and What’s your lux meter reading at canopy level?

2 Likes

Thanks @ultrapuff. He is gone. I will check the light with the lux meter in the morning.

3 Likes

There’s an app that you can get on your phone… Works better then those cheap lux meters. In case you do have the cheaper ones. I read your a greengene garden fan. Why didn’t you do coco instead of dirt? :facepunch:t3::facepunch:t3::facepunch:t3:

3 Likes

With the phone app I get between 92,000 and 94,000 in the center but gets down to 34,000 at the edges. Too much? I can adjust it down. What is optimal?

No special reason for going with promix instead of coco. I found a lot of folks using promix with Jack’s on the interweb so I tried it. So I didnt copy Gene exactly but my growing style this run is a Greengene heavy hybrid.

2 Likes

Yeah. I actually might think you can move up a little bit to about 75 in the center so you can get more on the sides. How many times a day are you feeding? Because if you’re doing soil… Your not going to be able to water as often because it takes longer to dry back. But i have a marhydro ts3000 also… I plan on changing for a light kinda like greengenes…

I’m getting the rói growers Choice e720

2 Likes

Daylight intensity starts around 30,000 and goes up to like 130,000+.

2 Likes

@ultrapuff @KevGrows Thanks, I feed/water once a day. I need to rehang my light to get any more height. Going to try to do that after work today.

Even with the problems and challenges this is fun! Learning everyday. I appreciate the good folks on this forum.

Heading off to pick some cotton for da man. Later!

3 Likes