MW's 1st Grow Journal

Nice light. Definately a step up.

2 Likes

Day 13. Getting hairy.

This is a super cropped area

Top shot.

3 Likes

Overall i am really happy. I found a couple of leaves that have bites out of them. Not very many but i want to get on any bugs. Havent seen anything on the underside of leaves. Something to keep an eye on.

Looks like the buds are stacking nicely. The Harlequins (2 on the right side) are developing fasrter than the Cheese Quakes on the left but they are coming along.

Can i hold my breath for 6 more weeks?

4 Likes

Your plants look fantastic. And so happy. Good luck with finding and exterminating whatever is chomping on their leaves. I think 6 more weeks is gonna fly by.

3 Likes

I found one of the little critters after looking for an obsessively long time. It was sitting on a leaf, barely visible to my 6 decade old eyes. He was grayish brown and it looked like he might have wings. Very, very small but with large teeth and bad intent in his eye.

I cut off the leaf and carried it outside the room with the suspect in custody but it escaped before i could get my loop on him. MLB, as shocked and appalled as I am, suggested I keep a bug jail jar and my loop in the room. I am now so equiped.

4 Likes

I never thought of that. Good idea!

2 Likes

I am going to ordered some yellow sticky pest strips. Are they all the same?
Recommendations?

I have Seven spray and powder on hand. I hate to use that stuff but it works.
What do ya think?

1 Like

Day 16 Harlequinns are flowering up nicely.

Cheese Quakes are doing well too.

2 Likes

A last bit of super cropping in front. I might do a couple of those tall ones tonight. Not sure.

Pardon the redneck engineering on the intake filter.

2 Likes

No more bugs so far! No new sign of them
(like footprints or scat). I stay vigilent.

1 Like

Day 18 in flower. So far so good.

Not very fragrant up until now. I expect that will change over the next few weeks.

I haven’t found any more pests or chewed leaves. Added a couple of sticky bug strips because you can’t be too careful.

2 Likes

Day 22 - Starting to smell pretty good in there!

One of my Cheese Quakes is not as perky as the others. The tall stalk in the right and back in the corner. Her leaves are a bit droopy.

Could this be Nute Lock? Should I flush or add some Folvic Acid?

She doesn’t look bad yet just not as happy as her sisters. What do ya think?

1 Like

Day 28 aka End of Week 4 of flower.

Way above and beyond anthing I’ve grown before.

Cheese Quakes doing well.

My Harlequinns are happy. I am happy. Half way home!

2 Likes

Day 36 - starting to smell good and getting frostier now. Everything seems to be under control.

This picture is right before morning watering/feeding.

I can’t think of much to say about it. 3 or 4 more weeks and it nothing bad happens I will have more bud than I have ever had a one time in my life. MLB and I have been thinking about what to do with it. Obviously I will smoke a bunch but MLB can’t smoke so will be looking into extraction and making edibles or ? Any suggestions for a newbie?

Dumb question time… If I am going to extract do I need to cure first? or just dry and decarb?

I made a batch of Green Dragon once but it came out very weak and nasty.

Anyway, have a great week!
MW

4 Likes

Day 42 End of week 6.

Not there yet but getting closer.
IPC_2021-04-11.17.27.20.5110
Another 2 or 3 week?
IPC_2021-04-11.17.27.18.6410 IPC_2021-04-11.17.29.58.9130
Its hard to focus the tight shots but its an $8 usb camera so theres that.

Not much to report. Almost home. I am thinking about harvesting in 2 phases. Take the tops and let the secondary cannapy go another week or 3. We will see what happens.

6 Likes

Day 49 end of week 7

6 Likes

I don’t see anybody stopping by with any comments lately so I’m gonna jump in here and give you mine on what I see so far in your journal. I don’t think you had a Herm… it looks like it was a full blown male. Either way getting rid of it was the right thing to do. I will tag you over to my journal so you can look through it. You may find the answers to some of your questions there as far is ready to harvest if your trichomes are not fully developed with a nice round bulb on top or if they are very clear you are not ready to harvest. There’s lots of pictures around to help you with that and my pal @LoCoRocK has a chart that he can post here for you that is a big help when it comes to harvesting. As far as the pesticides you were talking about I would not use seven if it is what I think it is. Captain Jack’s dead bug is one of the few good alternatives for pest control during flower. It looks to me like you are doing great. Keep it up :+1:t3:

4 Likes

That’s the one…

4 Likes

Thanks @LoCoRocK @happilyretired!

I printed that and hung it in the grow room for reference. This last couple of weeks has tested my resolve to wait for the right moment.

4 Likes

Be patient grasshopper good things come to those who wait. But all in all it looks great good work :v:t2::+1:t2:!

4 Likes