MW's 1st Grow Journal

You have a big window man. This weed stuff is pretty lax man… ← said in my best Jeff Bridges the dude voice. LoL I am pretty happy if I can just catch that 2 week window. Well that’s what I believe anyways, ya definitely have a pretty nice margin for error with harvest time ya know.
It’s not like there is a science to it or anything…lol

3 Likes

Hey All, Been too busy with non-garden related stuff.
Tomorrow will be end of week 8. I am glad I have my grow automated because I will be gone for 2 weeks. My lovely bride will be here and I can monitor on a web cam. So they will probably go at least 10 weeks because I am not going to harvest on a 2 day weekend between trips.

![p2|690x388]
Still a lot of clear. I haven’t seen amber so I am feeling ok about letting them go.
(upload://lw5qGuHef3kqwLeJBJbjG3AoszK.jpeg) ![p4|690x388]

These buds are on the front of my grow (rather that the top) if that makes sense. My girls are taller than I am and I can’t get close enough to see the top buds without some death defying ladder gymnastics. Would the buds on top be at the same “ripeness” as these lower buds? @happilyretired @LoCoRocK @happyhippy ?

My $8 usb camera died. So I got a little better one. The WORST thing about the cheap usb cameras is that you have to touch them to zoom in and out which disturbs the picture you are trying to take.
I am going to work on a wheeled stand for my camera so, hopefully, I can move it in and out and leave the zoom alone. We will see.

So thanks for help and encouragement. I am having fun! Starting to get mentally prepared for the harvest process.

I will have questions!

3 Likes

LoL. @ " not " gonna harvest my only 2 days between trips. LoL look at you with the tough love act. You know that’s gonna happen now right!! Funny stuff

2 Likes

Usually the top of the plant will mature first in my experience. But it should be alright you have like a 2 week harvest window once they are at the ripeness you prefer.

3 Likes

yeah… “man plans; God laughs”

3 Likes

You buy one of these and you get the most perfect pictures. And the bonus, you snip a bud off to look at when you use this then you get to dry it and smoke it. It sounds like a win-win to me.:thinking: wait a minute …Yup :joy::+1:t3::v:t3:

3 Likes

So! I waited a full 10 weeks and the amber was coming on. I harvested last Saturday and set up my drying area. I had planned to let them dry for the normal 7 to 10 days or until dry.

Unfortunately, I have to go out of town tomorrow (day 5 of drying) for 9 days. That would make my drying time almost 14 days. Is that too long? The only other option I have is to go into jars today but the harvest is still damp.

I think I should wait and hope it isn’t too dry by the time I get home but am open to suggestions.

Average room temp is 65-70 degrees and humidity is 45-55%

What do you think?

2 Likes

I think you can bring back overdry you can’t bring back moldy. LoL unelss you have someone to open jars and even maybe inspect them once a day with a good good airing out I wouldn’t chance the jars. But I know ppl had batches all dry in 2 days too so… It’s a shoot from the hip call you gotta make.

2 Likes

Thanks @LoCoRocK, i left it drying. My Lovely Bride is keeping the humidifier full and i am hoping for the best. I will find out late Friday how it did. Fingers crossed.

2 Likes

I just found a branch in my closet the other day thats been there for a month and a half on the floor. Girlfrend loved it LOL. Called it closet weed. Anyway I think you’d be good with a few extra days.

5 Likes

@coaltrain, that’s like finding a 20 in your coat pocket the following year!

5 Likes

Hello everyone! It has been a while. I started harvesting after 14 days of drying. I got 10oz of bud from 2 Harlequin plants and 11oz of bud from 2 Cheese Quakes. Not counting shake and trim. So I am very happy overall. The Cheese Quake has much more fragrance. The both smoke nice. The Cheese Quake is much stronger but I grew the Harlequin more for physical medicine rather than mental medicine.

I have made a cup of infused honey and 3/4 cup of tincture made from mixed shake and trim. So the next step is to learn to make something with that. I am looking at home THC test kits so I can learn about dosing. It is so simple to just spark up a joint but I need to smoke less and vaping just doesn’t get me high so far.

Work has picked up significantly so I am not starting another grow until fall. I am going to try to get 2 crops in before next springs. I think I might try some Autos outside next spring.

That is about all there is for this grow. I really appreciate you following my journal. I am certain that the assistance and encouragement from the forum was key to great (for me) results. I will keep following many of your journals to keep up and keep learning.

Thanks MW

6 Likes

Hempster dosage calculator is a good way to estimate your dosage.
Here is a link.

3 Likes

Thanks @nacho151 that is a great site!

3 Likes

Well good stuff man a pound and a half of what the Dr ordered free is effing incredible. I may not agree with the not growing for a while part but you do you… LoL I shut my room down for about 2 weeks once and just couldn’t do it. LoL seeds fell in water anyways. That is a great harvest man congratulations…nice job :+1::+1::sunglasses:

3 Likes

Thank Lo! I am going to have to travel a lot this summer for work. Also my room gets really hot during the summer so I’ll leave it down until fall when things mellow out a bit. I’ll make some improvements to my room and set up in between.

I am really happy with my crop. I made some tincture and infused some honey. I am having a good time.

Appreciate all the help and encouragement. I’ll be around, following your journal and a few others.

Take Care

6 Likes

Hey All, Its been a crazy summer. I have been following the forum but not doing much myself. That is about to change. I bought some Fem Auto Blue Dream seeds and got a couple freebies from SeedsHereNow. I’ll start pretty soon but I have to do a grow room scrub before I start. Will probably do it a lot like I did my last run 3 gallon fabric pots with Pro Mix, feeding Jack’s 321 with a hydrolock watering system under a Mars Hydro TS3000 light.

Anyway it’s good to be back and getting back into active growing. I did throw some seeds in pots and let them grow outside. Once it got cold I moved them indoors to finish. A big no-no I know but they were looking so good and I need to deep clean
my room anyway. I was trying to determine which of the little bags of seeds I had were Auto. The answer was… none of them.

6 Likes

Happy Thanksgiving All! I certainly have much to be grateful for… including the good folks that hang out here at GN.

3 Likes

Chapter #2 -

Good Morning!

Finally got my grow room clean and am getting my grow started. I have seed from SeedsHereNow. 5 x Blue Dream from Fast Buds and 3 x Velvet Heat (freebies with my order) from Exotic Genetics. Both are feminized autos.

I put the seeds to soak for 24 hours yesterday morning before germinating them. I just looked and 6 of the 8 seeds jumped out of their skins in less that 24 hours! I moved them to the paper towels to let the tap roots get a little bigger.

I decided to take my eager beans as a good omen for this grow. I am ready, my room is ready and my beans seem ready. I don’t have to travel for a month or so and I am pumped up.

I’ll post some pictures and details shortly. Thanks for following along and looking over my shoulder.

3 Likes

Ok here we go! I got 8 for 8 of my beans to break ground and they all look pretty good.

I didn’t change the room too much. We may be moving (more on that later) to someplace else in the Southwest USA so I didn’t want to spend a bunch of time/money on changes at this point. I did build wooden frame inside the room with 2x3s so I had more options for mounting things on the walls of my little room and the ability to lower the growing platform as the plants get taller. The only other change is the AC infinity 6” fan (see below).

I am growing autos this time for a couple of reasons. #1 something different #2 I want to start some in my room (maybe I’ll try cloning) and have them ready to move outside when in May or June depending on the when the snow stops this spring. I had great luck with an outdoor grow last summer (that I largely ignored) but they were photos so I had to move them indoors to finish when the freezing started in September. I am hoping the autos will finish outside well before it freezes.

These are the basics of what I am doing:

• 3 gallon fabric pots (reused)
  • Pro Mix Hp with 25% added Perlite
  • Jack’s 321
  • I am hand watering now but set up the hydrolock system before my work travel starts again.
  • Mars Hydro TS3000 light. (now at 25%)

New: AC infinity 6” fan with the fancy controller.
The Good: This is a really quiet fan and powerful fan. I love it!
The Bad (for me): the timer on the controller isn’t as robust as I hoped. It basically says “run for the next x minutes”. I set up a cycle timer so I can run the fan for X minutes every hour. For my environment the humidity senor isn’t useful either. It is all I can do to keep my RH at or above 50% and the air outside the room is always much drier, typically 15-30%.
Summary: I would buy it again but I might not get the fancy controller. It may come in handy later when we move.

The new AC Infinity Fan

The Command Center (sorry about the messy wiring - I’ll get that sorted out)

5 Likes