My 2nd grow

@hoppiefrog Can i get that at canadian tire or where do I go to get it? Also at my old place it was around the same number. Could it be that the tap water for hrm is just that clean?

2 Likes

No Iā€™m fro. Halifax grew there for many yrs

2 Likes

There should be around 200 ish

1 Like

CDN tire sells one for cheap enough, rainfresh brand, it can be set up inline

1 Like

Hello @devjyarn I have a question for you that came to mind as I was reading and studying last night.

1. When it comes to VPD I try to stay within range of what the chart tells me to align the right temp and RH while sticking to an ideal environment for the plants. Is there more than just making sure Iā€™m within the right temp and rh combination based on the plants stage or do I have to know the plantā€™s leaf temp?

Do you mind sharing your VPD chart?

VPD can be thought of like a speed limit. Higher VPD is greater speed. The leaves in the plant act like the "suck"at the top of a straw, and the roots are where the straw ends. A VPD of zero means the leaves are not sucking, putting any pressure, on the roots.

This would be plants in 100% humidity, like freshly cut clones with no roots. If there are no roots, we need to slow down how quickly the plant is moving around its energy to let it focus on growing roots. Itā€™s like being in a sauna; there is no way your skin could dry out.

The other end would be up between 1.5 and 2.0. Here things there is a lot of pressure from hard working leaves and flowers in cool, dry, windy, intensely lit places. If you just got out of the sauna and stepped into a flower room your skin would dry off very quickly. This means a lot of nutrients and water move from the roots up to the flowers and your buds put on weight at a rapid pace.

The VPD number just gives you an idea of how quickly your plants are moving nutrients through them, and what will help them grow ideally at different stages of life. Young vegetative plants are not as tough as late flower plants. You can adjust your temperature and humidity independently to reach your target. The leaf temperature is important, but not unless youā€™re trying to find new ways to reduce costs at a large scale.

6 Likes

@devjyarn I cannot thank you enough for simplifying things for me and explaining them in an easy way and using examples and analogy. Thanks again Devin. I hope Iā€™m not bothering you with my never ending questions. Im just hungry to learn more.

In clones, you want to be at 100% humidity. The chart says thats a danger zone. Why is that?
The light blue is the range I should be within when it comes to early veg, green for late veg/early flower, and yellow for late flower? Or should I always try to stay within the green range no matter what stage my plants are in?

Here is how I use the VPD chart. Please tell me if im using it wrong.
Right now the temp in my tent is 24C. So I go back to the VPD chart and locate 24C and see that the RH should be within 62.5-72.5% because Im still in early veg.

Is this right or not?

4 Likes

Itā€™s the danger zone because no water or nutrients will move through the plant. If they are kept in 100% humidity for too long they will basically suffocate.

Up in the top right corner is the recommended range for each stage of growth. Use it as a guideline and youā€™ll have an environment that will keep your plants happy and healthy.

2 Likes

I missed the second part of your question; yes, 24Ā°C and 62-72% RH is a good place to be. How long do you intend to veg your plants before flipping to flower? Youā€™ll want to start getting your plants ready for flower by slowly increasing the heat or decreasing the humidity over a number of weeks until youā€™re at your target.

3 Likes

@devjyarn Im growing 4 plants in 3 gallon pots in a 3x3 so probably 8 weeks tops for veg. Unless you think you can go for 10, im not sure if the space will allow though.

Iā€™ll keep that in mind, slowly increase the heat or decrease humidity.

Thanks a lot for all your time and help! much appreciated

4 Likes

How low should my temp be to try and get a nice phenotype?
@devjyarn @hoppiefrog

2 Likes

In flower I run my day temps around 77f and nights between 65-67f let vpd drop at night as well to encourage the plants to pull extra sugars. Last week or two u can get away with dropping temps to 62f but may pop some nanners but thatā€™s a good trade off for the polished finish and extra terps.

4 Likes

Thanks buddy @hoppiefrog nanners are bad eh?

3 Likes

Update

Plants got watered yesterday with just water and no adjustment to pH

Hereā€™s some data:

White Caviar

Cherry Noir

Munson

Grannyskunk

5 Likes

Hereā€™s last nights data:

Cherry Noir

White Caviar

Munson

Granny Skunk

4 Likes

Lights are at 145w and 20 inches away. Here are some numbers

White Caviar
Cherry Noir
Munson
Granny Skunk

5 Likes

Hi Ash,
Looking good Gromie, starting to find their legs. You know for the first time in my life, Iā€™m actually envious of living in another country, I think Canada and the people, would suit me.

Good vibes, keep it green :v:

5 Likes

Well we would love to have you! :grinning:

3 Likes

It would depend if they would let me in,
used to be a naughty boy,
but not anymore :innocent:
Australian soil is in my blood, once you know itā€™s beauty, you are infected :laughing:
I imagine Canada would be much the same :green_heart:

3 Likes

I wana see the world!!!

3 Likes